You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

You know what? Fuck this shit. I've fucking had it. Gloves are off now.

We have a manager with a proven record of WINNING big trophies. 2 La Ligas, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, and 1 FA Cup - all in the last 6 years.

We have a manager who is hailed by many, and rightly so, as being a tactical genius.

This is a guy who has turned Liverpool around into being a force, a real genuine honest to fucking goodness force in Europe. Are we nervous ahead of the Inter tie? Yes. You can also bet your bottom dollar that Inter are shitting a brick at having to play Benitez in a 2 leg Euro tie.

I would kindly like to remind you that, despite our history, we have been - for the best part of 15 years (with the honourable exception of 01) - plainly average. How the FUCK have so many Liverpool supporters developed amnesia? Something in the half time beer?

THE ONLY FUCKING REASON WE ARE JUMPING UP AND DOWN AT THE START OF THE SEASON, THINKING WE HAVE A CHANCE OF THE LEAGUE, IS BECAUSE RAFA BENITEZ TURNED LIVERPOOL FROM A DISTINCTLY AVERAGE TEAM, TO EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS - AND RUNNERS UP, IN THREE YEARS.

So we're not going to win the League this year. Well, get fucking over it. With all the shit Rafa has had to deal with behind the scenes - ON HIS FUCKING OWN BY THE LOOKS OF IT - its not surprising.

I'm not one of the "Gerrard is a cunt" brigade. But honestly, if Stevie, or Carra for that matter, think that THEY know better how to get no.19 to Anfield this season, then I'm sorry - they sound about as clueless about footie as Lawro, Redknapp, and many other ex-players.

Rafa is the manager. He is not God. He makes mistakes. Whisper it quietly, but Shanks made mistakes too. Fuck it, Bob Paisley misjudged how quickly he needed to rebuild the late 70s side - so we fell from double champions in 79 and 80, to 5th in 81. And in 82, we were lagging far behind by Christmas.

But you know what. Bob knew he had misjudged it in 81. He fixed it. We snagged the League in 82, with a great comeback.

Because Bob was a top manager.

And so is Rafa. If Steve G, Carra, or anyone suddenly thinks that someone who could drag an average Liverpool to Champions League finals year after year is not - THEN THEY'RE WRONG. We are NOT going back to the Spice Boys days. The manager is the boss. The players shut the fuck up and play. The rest of us get behind the manager, and support the team.

Thems the rules. Follow them, or fuck off.

I love you. There. I said it.

We have a manager with a proven record of WINNING big trophies. 2 La Ligas, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, and 1 FA Cup - all in the last 6 years.

We have a manager who is hailed by many, and rightly so, as being a tactical genius.

This is a guy who has turned Liverpool around into being a force, a real genuine honest to fucking goodness force in Europe. Are we nervous ahead of the Inter tie? Yes. You can also bet your bottom dollar that Inter are shitting a brick at having to play Benitez in a 2 leg Euro tie.

I would kindly like to remind you that, despite our history, we have been - for the best part of 15 years (with the honourable exception of 01) - plainly average. How the FUCK have so many Liverpool supporters developed amnesia? Something in the half time beer?

THE ONLY FUCKING REASON WE ARE JUMPING UP AND DOWN AT THE START OF THE SEASON, THINKING WE HAVE A CHANCE OF THE LEAGUE, IS BECAUSE RAFA BENITEZ TURNED LIVERPOOL FROM A DISTINCTLY AVERAGE TEAM, TO EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS - AND RUNNERS UP, IN THREE YEARS.

So we're not going to win the League this year. Well, get fucking over it. With all the shit Rafa has had to deal with behind the scenes - ON HIS FUCKING OWN BY THE LOOKS OF IT - its not surprising.

I'm not one of the "Gerrard is a cunt" brigade. But honestly, if Stevie, or Carra for that matter, think that THEY know better how to get no.19 to Anfield this season, then I'm sorry - they sound about as clueless about footie as Lawro, Redknapp, and many other ex-players.

Rafa is the manager. He is not God. He makes mistakes. Whisper it quietly, but Shanks made mistakes too. Fuck it, Bob Paisley misjudged how quickly he needed to rebuild the late 70s side - so we fell from double champions in 79 and 80, to 5th in 81. And in 82, we were lagging far behind by Christmas.

But you know what. Bob knew he had misjudged it in 81. He fixed it. We snagged the League in 82, with a great comeback.

And so is Rafa. If Steve G, Carra, or anyone suddenly thinks that someone who could drag an average Liverpool to Champions League finals year after year is not - THEN THEY'RE WRONG. We are NOT going back to the Spice Boys days. The manager is the boss. The players shut the fuck up and play. The rest of us get behind the manager, and support the team.

Cracking post.

one thing i'm glad about is Rafa's willingness to ship out players when he can, he at least is showing some intention to sort it out and will hopefully have a plan

the problem is I hope he intends to recruit class full backs and wingers and it's a lot of recruiting to do in a summer

Fuck me sideways Rafa is shedding the average players in our side that are at our club big story all of thoughs players should be going or i have no problem going, the money raised can be towards very good players as well as money coming in from other sources should provide enough money for us to get some real players in.

Crouch i feel should stay but if we can get someone better around the pitch far dos's and Xabi's been living off his first season far to long and he really doesnt suit the prem anymore.

Im glad Rafa is doing this and should of been done along time ago thank you Rafa and thank your chris for such an amazing story.

The Emperor is not wearing any clothes.

Well said Brother

Do you often refer to yourself in the third person?

I can't believe how naive some people are on here. To suggest we should kick out half of the squad bcause they have lost faith in the manager. A manager who has squandered over £130m in assembling the dross we are having to watch at the moment, it's beyond belief.

What do they want? that he should be given another £130m to have another go?

Fuck of Gerrard and Carra? In the light of the last months shambles on and off the pitch, that hardly seem like a smart solution.

Carra and Gerrard are the backbone of the team, they love LFC and will give everything for their team to win the league. As time goes they see more and more clearly what many of us have suspected for a long time: Rafa has totally lost the plot regarding how to challenge for the league title and the team falls further and fiurtehr behind the top three.

I very much doubt that they intentionally leak their frustrations to the press, but when the frustration among the players gets high enough the press WILL find out, no matter how much the players and staff wants to avoid it.

Regarding Bascombe: He seem to be a genuine red who really wants the best for the club. He obviously have sensed that the situation is intolerable and that the team is moving fast backwards in erevy aspect. He reports it. I believe what he writes.

The only thing that doesn`t make sense in that article is the bit about the protest after the game.

Come on folks: I am 100% certain that we all have loved Rafa at some point, but the evidence is overwhelming: He will not win us the league or make us play attractive football. Ever.

To even suggest that we should get rid of Carra and Gerrard and keep Rafa is pure madness.

I would Kick any player out of this Club who thought they were

(a) Better / Bigger than the Club or

(b) Thought they picked the team ahead of the Manager

I would rather play the Kids for the rest of the season and sell the whole first team Squad than pander to overpaid footballers

Board appoints Manager

Manager picks Players

Players play Football

Fans Support Club (and protect it from all of the above and outsiders)

Its not fucking rocket science

My club is my club come Prem or Championship it will always be my club long after Carra Gerrard Rafa or G&H

I can't believe how naive some people are on here. To suggest we should kick out half of the squad bcause they have lost faith in the manager.

Actually, you will only to be able to find that I have suggested we should move on players who are not behaving professionally or who are not good enough. For the former, if you or I negligently underperformed or undermined our bosses because we did not get on with them, then we would rightfully be sacked. And for the latter, I would add only if there is a realistically available replacement who would improve the squad.

I

And for that I will be forever grateful to Rafa, just like I am to Houllier for the 2001 treble. Do you think it was a wrong decision to let Houlllier go?

I still don`t think it is right to sit still and watch us become a mid-table team. The difficult decision for any club (or company) is to decide when the leader has taken it as far as his potential goes.

Are you really satisfied with what you see on the pitch. If not, is it likely (given our knowledge about Rafas view on tactics) that he will change his approach to the game and get a grip of the premiership? If you really think so, then I can understand that you are upset about the pressure against Rafa.

Please tell me the dross Rafa braught into this club because i see many players who are very much liverpool quality that he hasbraught in and only 4 or 5 players that arnt of liverpools quality. Boscoumbe says they will be gone so he knows what he is goind

Reina, Agger, Masch, Skertal, Torres, Babel and Arbeloa.

All of thoughs are players of a high quality that should be playing for this club, when Rafa is backed he gets quality lets see more backing and we will see better players.

If houllier had set us up for the future Rafa wouldnt have to had to deal with everything he has to do in his tenure here but he has looked at not just now but the future and has braught quality of either very good to world class.

Next season will be Rafa's judgement season if he is backed and gets his first teams targets then i expect to be up at the top.

I

Largely Geds team. Which was broken up as soon as the victory parade was over.

Awww, poor little lads.

Thats a stupid reply. Gerrard is one of the worlds best players and club captain has every right to be concerned about how he is used and how the team is played.

Everyone backed Carras when he fucked England off because he was never played at center half. Is he not likely to be pissed of if the same thing happens at club level.

Thats a stupid reply. Gerrard is one of the worlds best players and club captain has every right to be concerned about how he is used and how the team is played.

Everyone backed Carras when he fucked England off because he was never played at center half. Is he not likely to be pissed of if the same thing happens at club level.

It's a stupid reply to a stupid point. "They must hate coming into work on Monday morning." Well, fuck me, apart from the fact I'm sure the 100k a week or whatever it is Gerrard's on helps cushion the blow, then maybe:

a) Gerrard should have tried his luck at Chelsea, where the fans would have called him a thick scouse cunt every time he misplaced a pass, and where his status in the dressing room and at the club as whole would have been several rungs below Terry and Lampard.

b) Carra should remember that under Houllier he was playing full-back every week, that Igor and Diao were picked at centre back ahead of him, and that both Eriksson and McLaren only used him there as a last resort. In fact, he's only had one manager in his career who's ever shown any faith in him as a centre half. The one he's got now.

Gerrard is used exactly the way he's been squalling for, and Carragher has played one fucking game at right back.

well if its just the english players who have a bee in their bonet id rather Rafa stayed and they left personally, most arnt good enough for this team with the exception of Gerrard and Carra allthough i feel they are replacable or have been replaced allready.

Everyone would be on an equal footing within the team and we could actualy form a young team wouldnt have any mr big bollocks in it.

My feelings exactly. Would rather keep Rafa than most of our players. Reina, Mascherano (that's how a captain should lead his troops by the way, Stevie me..) and Torres the most noteable exceptions. The rest can well and truly piss off as far as I'm concerned. Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have done terrific jobs for us in the past, but our sulking nr 8 and his hoofing compatriot haven't exactly set the world alight this season. Do any of you underperform constantly because your boss is not ass-kissing you the entire week? Do you? Well, these two don't seem to have any problem with it. I'm so f***ing sick of overpaid, pompous footballers. I know Carra normally doesn't come into that category, but he has fallen alot in stock this season (for his on-field efforts) while the less I say about the "captain" the better. I only hope he gets the England armband, that will boost his ego enough to want to leave Liverpool again, hopefully we can cash in on him this time, and build a team around Torres, who seems to be a proper person as well as a brilliant footballer. With our luck, he'll leave along with Rafa

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH

I'm so angry now, and all I can picture is that little mouse Bascombe giving interviews about the 100 players that shook the Kop (only time I've seen him, not impressed with him there either to say the least), only this time he's trying to get under the skin of the players and the manager, passing PMs on this board for his b**ch Rash to forward (so that we'll all read his latest masterpiece in that new s***ty rag of his).