You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

Does it not seem a bit of a coincidence to you that he scores most his goals when he comes on as a sub, when the opposition are tiring?

How many goals have Riise, Aurelio, Kewell or any other player who's played on the left contributed this season?

I think you'll find the answer is fuck all.

My point is that Babel might be a bit raw, but he's a potent goal threat and with his pace can scare the shit of out defenders.

We've dropped so many points this season due to our failure to kill off teams while holding a lead.

If Babel had started some of those games, he may have helped us and our midfield/strikers kill off those games instead of 10 fuckin minute cameo performances or when we are chasing a game.

It was wrong to play Carra at right back but lets face it, Carra has hardly been consistent this season he is becoming more and more of a liability at the back. He was lucky not to give a penalty away today.

Exactly, he should be more worried about being in the team at all than being played at RB, if Agger was ready to come back I would drop Carra in a heartbeat and play our two best defenders, Hyypia and Agger together at CB.

How many goals have Riise, Aurelio, Kewell or any other player who's played on the left contributed this season?

I think you'll find the answer is fuck all.

My point is that Babel might be a bit raw, but he's a potent goal threat and with his pace can scare the shit of out defenders.

We've dropped so many points this season due to our failure to kill off teams while holding a lead.

If Babel had started some of those games, he may have helped us and our midfield/strikers kill off those games instead of 10 fuckin minute cameo performances or when we are chasing a game.

but he doesn't score as many goals when he starts and IMO tires towards the end of games which he does start.

If carra and steve have no faith in their manager and wrongly showing it on the pitch then results will be affected and Rafa will be sacked wrongly in my opinion, Rafa may or may not be the man to lead us to the title but he should have a team that plays 100% all the time and if he doesnt then he will not have been sacked for the right reasons.

Players should give 100% for Liverpool FC every game regardless of who is manager, they should play for the fans. If they don't they should be fucked off and that goes for Gerrard and Carragher too.

That's a cheap dig from Bascombe on Rafa, on Skrtel, on the fans, and probably unintentional; on Carra and Gerrard.

If CB was a Liverpool-manager he would've lost his job after one performance like that.

If you have something to say, say it. You have too much power to follow the same road as the body language experts.

On the subject of Babel, I think Benitez is introducing him to the team correctly and so does Babel according to that interview he gave earlier in the week. It doesn't help anyone that the other options we've tried there this season have been almost universally poor. If I'm honest Babel has looked poor himself after about 60 minutes when he's started.

Which is fine? So why play Carra at right back when Finnan is a much better full back than him?

Probably because Finnan has been shite this season and he wanted to have the chance to use three at the back when Aurelio was supposed to move a bit more forward.

Players should give 100% for Liverpool FC every game regardless of who is manager, they should play for the fans. If they don't they should be fucked off and that goes for Gerrard and Carragher too.

Exactly... and i don't care if a Teletubby is put in charge as manager, you do what the manager tells you to do and you play the way you should play if you have a Liverbird on your chest- with Pride.

I agree elite you should play for the shirt but football i dont think is about that anymore, which for me is why carra as an example is shopping i thought he would give everything for this club.

Is he implying the stay behind protest was against Rafa?

It looks like it, and for that he is an utter cunt, it had nothing to do with it, he knows, we know it but the way he writes it the broad opinion might be it was because the fans are fed up with Rafa.

Which is fine? So why play Carra at right back when Finnan is a much better full back than him?

He's already said why.

Rafa said he wanted to play Carra because it gave us more options from defending setplays and corners.

We had more height with him at rightback and Skrtel centrehalve.

Better fullback or not in the past Finnan looks like his legs have gone and he's been woeful the last few games he's played

If the players can't be arsed to play for Rafa that may be a huge problem for the manager and would inevitably result in him getting the boot, its a fucking disgrace for the players though.

It could be no more than a speculative piece but its a hell of a change in direction from Bascombe.

Obviously the disruption to the back 4 hasn't helped Carra but he's been a weaker link there than Sami has in all honesty.

The obvious difference in tone and context would (even from an outsiders viewpoint) suggest something more than idle gossip. What is the point of this agenda. All Chris B's previous negative articles had pretty much been aimed at the owners. Something that has in time been seen to have been correct.

I'm not justifying Bascombe's pieces in anyway. I don't know him, never met him. He's been slated for his Rafa gone comment and Mourinho links. What I know is that Mourinho - well his agent has met with Liverpool officials twice in the past 6 months. One of them being in a Dubai hotel. At the time it was unsure as to what the meeting with Mendes was about since he (the agent) repreented a number if Portuguese players. It was about shitcoat though and suprisingly (and going agiainst what Rashid had constantly said) if DIC took over Rafa would by no means be safe.

This is why this article is so damaging to the club. If Carra and Gerrard have complained to Bascombe then they should have made clear it's not to get out, at all. And even if they've not Bascombe should have kept his gob shut on the issue.

Hicks will laugh his arse off at this kind of story, it plays straight into his hands and strengthens his position.

Which is the main reason I'm so disgusted.

I know Rafa's now finished in the eyes of a growing number of Reds, but the feeling from the other night's announcements were that we've got to get behind the players and the manager, as well as getting on the backs of the owners.

This reported defended three players - Carra plus Gerrard and Crouch of Ingerland, and slagged off just about anyone else. "Such are the fans' concerns that demos against the American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett were ordered to be delayed until full-time against the Black Cats in order to ensure no distractions or excuses for the poor, pampered millionaires." / "Martin Skrtel... The £6.5million signing's debut against Havant and Waterlooville a week ago was a late entry for a BAFTA comedy award. " / "...Fernando Torres, who headed tamely."

"Scouse stalwart, Carragher" / "Gerrard has been spared the indignity of being shoved from one position to another this season. His dynamism from the middle will have earned a knowing nod of approval from visiting boss Roy Keane" / "Benitez had called on Crouch to justify calls for his inclusion. so little has Crouch been seen at Anfield in the league recently, he is in danger of being given the nickname Gillett"

Chris got a lot of shit for moving to the NOTW, and I defended him for doing so, still do against the reasons people gave for dishing the shit out. But if this is what we can expect from him from now on then I can't see him having anyone left to support him at all.

We won 3-0 and we get a report like this, with what amounts to lies included by its attempts to claim the post-match protest was against Rafa.

I hope there's a good explanation for it.

Agree 110%

How many games has he started?

He's scored an astonishing amount of goals considering how much pitch time he's had.

If we're playing fluid football and scoring a shitload of goals without him, then fair enough.

But the continued persistance with any other option than Babel or Crouch in their respective positions, when they are doing fuck all and not contributing in an attacking sense doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Babel has played 32 games and started 14, he has usually been shite when he has got the chance from the start as well so I for one am happy with the way he is used.

If carra and steve have no faith in their manager and wrongly showing it on the pitch then results will be affected and Rafa will be sacked wrongly in my opinion, Rafa may or may not be the man to lead us to the title but he should have a team that plays 100% all the time and if he doesnt then he will not have been sacked for the right reasons.

If Carra and Gerrard Have no faith in there Manager then they should both have fucked off

They play for Liverpool Football Club not Rafa Benitez 11 no excuse in the world for spitting the dummy out and deliberately putting in under par performances

Im not say they did or are only they know the answer to that for sure

But I wont have it that they are deliberately playing under par to oust the Manager

They are Liverpool Players and they know what is expected of them and they give all they can when they play IMHO

Finnan is going into the last year of his contract he can sign a Bosman in Jan of next season so Rafa has a Choice does he give him a 2 or 3 year deal or does he replace him cos he isnt going to sign a 12 month deal ?

I think Rafa has made his decision on Crouch Kewell Finnan Sami and it is as simple as that

If Carra and Gerrard Have no faith in there Manager then they should both have fucked off

They play for Liverpool Football Club not Rafa Benitez 11 no excuse in the world for spitting the dummy out and deliberately putting in under par performances

Im not say they did or are only they know the answer to that for sure

But I wont have it that they are deliberately playing under par to oust the Manager

They are Liverpool Players and they know what is expected of them and they give all they can when they play IMHO

I agree i did not want to come over like i have said they are putting in under par performances to sack the manager, but performances havent been of the highest of late for whatever reason.

Its just adds flames to alot of speculation and in dont know what to believe i just want to end to it all either way.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Reading the replies on this thread is not doing my well being any good:(. I should be enjoying the result today, but I feel like shit. Does anybody else feel pretty low?

Fucking terrible, and it won't get any better for a while