You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

What do you all know about DIC though ? Are you happy to accept their monies given the Human Rights Record in Dubai ? Are you happy with how they treat their workers in Dubai ? Or do you just want their dosh ?

Have a peak at this article

New Left Review - Mike Davis: Fear and Money in Dubai

I refer the honourable poster to my last reply to Owen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 500m there is no room for profit or growth, well not until we get our own tv rights anyway,

I cant remember the last set of accounts but our operating profit prior to transfers has been around 20-25m, now you'd have to double that and not buy any players at all just to get a minimum return on your investment.

No room for profit or growth ?

Of course there is. But it will take time. And that is also a great thing cause it means DIC would be in it for a long time and forced to invest heavily for us to reach our potential. And when we have reached that potential the club will not be dependant on a owner or owners with deep, deep pockets, we would be self sufficient.

how much of that is truth though

Ofc there are many things about money people and how they have got them. Its the same with schelski, Arsenal and City.

And a lot of other clubs and companies around the world.

But I dont feel that DIC are any worse than others. I dont bother to search but I bet you can find something evil about most people if you try hard enough.

Ofc there are many things about money people and how they have got them. Its the same with schelski, Arsenal and City.

And a lot of other clubs and companies around the world.

But I dont feel that DIC are any worse than others. I dont bother to search but I bet you can find something evil about most people if you try hard enough.

Even if they were feeding razor blades to babies that would be more preferable than the current Owners.

the question is how are they going to structure the deal? and will Sheikh Mo be arsed about football, I'm sceptical but we'll see

Thing is tho, why the fuck would they splash out 500 mill on something they dont intend to improve ?

That alone tells me this is more right than these two yank bastards have ever been.

the question is how are they going to structure the deal? and will Sheikh Mo be arsed about football, I'm sceptical but we'll see

Here's how that Telegraph piece said they were going to do it last time round:

"The document also reveals that Dubai International Capital are planning to borrow up to £300 million to finance their £450m purchase of the club.... One of the most revealing insights is when the document talks of how the financing will be done. A whole page is devoted to it and shows that three banks – Bank of Ireland, RBS and Bank of America – have been approached, with Bank of America the favourite."

Seriously, have they ever actually denied this? For some reason I've recently become a wee bit nervous about investors who buy us with bank loans

Thats slightly different to not letting Yossi into Dubai

I expect it is something he will ultimately accept....It will have no real impact on his future at the club, missing a friendly or two. I mean, we will be run by DIC and as far as I'm aware you're not banned from working for a Tussaud's Group company or at Travelodge if you're Jewish.

Al Jazeera are reporting now that Tom Hicks approached DIC asking them to bid.... knowing they were always interested. DIC spokesman point black refusing to comment.

Was only kidding about Al Jazeera before, nice one though, G&H have been far too cagey this past week over all this and I'm convinced something will come of it.

I think that you will find that if they are prepared to let in Russians for diamond smuggling and prostitution, then letting Yossi in will not be too much a problem!

They would have to change their laws to let him in.

Such is the fucked up world we live in that you can let in a Diamond dealing Pimp with execution squads but not some poor guy because he happened to be born a certain race