You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

DIC could have cut and run, they could have bought Arsenal, they didn't. They came back for us as soon as things got back. They deserve credit. As fans we have played brilliantly in this. Well done all... but lets keep up the pressure on Monday.

Arsenal aren't up for grabs though. If they had issued a "come and get me" to Dubai then maybe they would have looked at Arsenal.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DIC could have cut and run, they could have bought Arsenal, they didn't. They came back for us as soon as things got back. They deserve credit. As fans we have played brilliantly in this. Well done all... but lets keep up the pressure on Monday.

do you not reckon it will be sorted by then rash,i got the impression that it would from you telling us its only days away?

Arsenal aren't up for grabs though. If they had issued a "come and get me" to Dubai then maybe they would have looked at Arsenal.

Arsenal asked DIC to bid, it was in their mouthpiece the London Evening Standard. DIC issued a statement saying "we are only interested in one club"... that was in May. It was posted with links on another forum and I saw it and posted the info here at the time.

I haven't posted on here for ages, but this shit is so intense I can't think about anything else.

Rashid, what about the DIC seven-year plan?

I know it was leaked and probably spun by that horrible Mihir Bose who seemed to be in Gillete's pocket throughout the original takeover period but that document clearly did exist. And the quotes from it didn't look great at all.

Bank loans to cover the buy-out, a search for additional investors, support for the original Parrybowl, potentially selling up to fuck-knows-who in seven years time...

Don't get me wrong, I want Hicks out the club so bad I'd gladly drown the fat oily twat down the docks myself, but are these saviours actually much better?

To be fair I can't see how they could be any worse, and I hear the argument about them being honourable men and born winners and all the rest, but... I'm still worried to fuck.

Someone reassure me please, I want to believe so bad

One reason why DIC probably wouldnt be interested in Arsenal is the fact that they have just built a quite large stadium. Meaning their potential to grow is dwarfed compared to ours. We could grow several hundred percents in terms of income, because we dont have a stadium big enough, we are not marketed well enough.

From what I have heard, this time round the Shiekh has actually said "get me Liverpool"... and from what I have heard they want it badly now... they will invest heavily lads, no joke. They will buy at the top of end of the market.

So new Newcastle or rich man's plaything. Brill.

Its Called Risk and they dont take any

Hicks makes his money out of other peoples money, he never uses his own that just grows and grows

That is why they wont put in their own, even £20m which is nothing to the numbers this man deals in

He is a Cunt of the Highest order making his fortune off the misfutune of others

Everything i hate in a human being

The surely it would be a risk not jumping at the chance of a significant profit in the space of one year??

Guest PaddyBerger15
according to someone on RAWK, Al Jazeera are reporting that Hicks invited DIC to bid

If that is true and its a big IF at this stage, then it looks like big wild Bill is looking for a way out and that is magnificent news. The very worst case scenario of all would have been if Gillett wanted out because he was getting jaded with all the shit and Hicks bought him out....followed closely by both of the snakes staying as the second worse case scenario.

I can live with Gillett staying as long as Hicks fucks off.

One reason why DIC probably wouldnt be interested in Arsenal is the fact that they have just built a quite large stadium. Meaning their potential to grow is dwarfed compared to ours. We could grow several hundred percents in terms of income, because we dont have a stadium big enough, we are not marketed well enough.

At 500m there is no room for profit or growth, well not until we get our own tv rights anyway,

I cant remember the last set of accounts but our operating profit prior to transfers has been around 20-25m, now you'd have to double that and not buy any players at all just to get a minimum return on your investment.

There was and is no 7 year plan. I heard Ansari say on TV that it was nonsense and he considered legal action. Rushian will confirm this. That plan was "made up" in the city by a rival consortium.

The only response I ever heard from DIC on that document was this:

Dubai investors deny exit strategy

Dubai International Capital, the investment company behind the proposed takeover of Liverpool, insist they have a long-term strategy in place for the club including significant funds for new players.

The company have responded to reports in Wednesday's Daily Telegraph that they plan to sell the club in 2014 having first made a huge profit from what the newspaper described as "purely a business deal".

A DIC source sought to assure Liverpool fans that were the takeover to be concluded there would be "the best possible" financial support for boss Rafael Benitez. They said: "What DIC is doing is planning to make sure that, if a deal is done, Liverpool has the best possible funding in place going forward under DIC stewardship."

"This is particularly important as we would need to get on with the stadium early in 2007 and it takes time to sort out the necessary financing," the source added.

"This is also important in terms of making sure cash is available for the ongoing strengthening of the playing squad.

"Should DIC acquire the club, Liverpool will be well run, both on and off the pitch, and we are currently laying the groundwork to ensure that will be the case."

But DIC officials have pointed out they are yet to successfully conclude their takeover of the club and that, as a result, talk of plans to sell it off for profit are premature.

The source said: "DIC has not yet formally made an offer, never mind completed a deal. Certainly there are no plans to exit an acquisition we have not even bought yet.

"It (DIC) is a very serious investor with considerable resources at its disposal and the ability to take a long-term view.

"Equally, we believe that we understand the responsibilities that come with owning Liverpool Football Club. DIC has made it clear that, should a deal be concluded, it would not interfere in the day-to-day running of the club."

That statement is all well and good, but quite different from saying "that document is a complete fabrication, it does not exist, we are considering legal action."

Frankly if the Telegraph libelled one of the world's biggest companies in such a blatant way thus jeopardising a massive takeover deal that was part-way through, I reckon DIC would do a lot more than "consider" legal action. Surely they'd rightly screw the newspaper for a shitload of cash. These guys care about their public image.

Do you have quotes somewhere of the outright denial mate? It would make me feel a fuck load better

Its Called Risk and they dont take any

Hicks makes his money out of other peoples money, he never uses his own that just grows and grows

That is why they wont put in their own, even £20m which is nothing to the numbers this man deals in

He is a Cunt of the Highest order making his fortune off the misfutune of others

Everything i hate in a human being

Exactly right. Why on Earth would he sell? He has a cash cow for life that he hasn't put any money into. He's laughing his nads off.