You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's welcome news that the 2 gobshites may be on their way out, but I find it staggering that DIC seem willing to spend £500m on the club now, but they seemed to dither last year when the price was far less. Can anyone explain why they would be willing to spend so much on buying the club now?

Nice work by the Yanks if they walk away with a £250m profit.

As you say, hardly great business practice, it's almost like Parry works for DIC !

That said,I'd obviously much more comfortable with DIC in charge. Lets keep our fingers crossed eh !

A £500 million bid sounds about right as Gillett and Hicks are wanting to loan £350 from the bank as they owe the cash from the pruchase of the club and transfers from last summer. They would also have been able to get the stadium started.

If they accept the offer from DIC they would pocket £150 million to share between them so hopefully they will see this as been an acceptable way of getting out.

As you say, hardly great business practice, it's almost like Parry works for DIC !

That said,I'd obviously much more comfortable with DIC in charge. Lets keep our fingers crossed eh !

They pulled out on principle - they felt that Moores had shook hands on a deal and then was going behind their backs. They also felt it would look bad for their image if they were seen to be gazumped so they pulled out before that could happen.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Motty on Football Focus says a source 'well placed in the City' confirms the DIC bid is REAL.....now its a case of whether its accepted....good news.

Guest PaddyBerger15
"Motty" doesn't know what day it is half the time.

Thats true enough, but he did say that it was a well placed source in the City who had confirmed the deal was going to be plonked on the table....Motty, however, is a well meaning old duffer with a degree in buffoonery.

The club has the potential to be worth close to £1bn. Value and price, in the world of business are two separate things. The fact that we were given fresh permission to build this new stadium design might have added fresh impetus to their attempts to buy us.

I think Dirk is spot on here and this is a very important factor in the renewed interest from DIC. Remember, when the first offer was made, before planning permission had been granted for the new stadium, we were a club that was severely limited by its physical location. Any prospective buyer must have looked at this and realised that much of the potential for profit lay in the hands of the City Council, and was pretty much an unknown.

Think about the opportunities for advertising and prestige the building of a new super duper stadium opens up for DIC. They have their own construction arm I believe and would relish the thought of the Dubai International Anfield Stadium being seen week in and week out all over the world.

These boys are in it for money ...and profit for them means dragging us up by the scruff of the neck and realising every bit of potential in the club.

I'm sure Tom & Jerry started out with a vision but they simply don't have the clout behind them to exploit the potential that is Liverpool FC.