You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds pretty conclusive. Thought so all along. There's been no official interest from DIC and it just sounds like certain people have been leaking stories to the press to drum up their interest and unsettle the Americans. A complete shambles.

That sounds pretty conclusive. Thought so. There's been no official interest from DIC and it just sounds like certain people have been leaking stories to the press to drum up their interest and unsettle the Americans. A complete shambles.

If you carry on making such massive mental leaps based on so little, you may have a breakdown.

From a man with a long track record of lying ...

Nothing's changed as far as I can see ... no-one still has any clue what's happening.

No offer has been made yet from what I can see. That's not really anything new. As for him saying he has "no intention," if you are the seller you have to take this stance because it makes it a buyers market otherwise. I'm with you, nothing has changed, we still don't know what is happening.

If you carry on making such massive mental leaps based on so little, you may have a breakdown.

Whatever. I'm entitled to my opinion and concerns about the future of the club.

if they get their finance we're really fucked long term, DIC will be able to pay about £1 for us with hundreds of millions in debt, won't be long until players like Torres are sold to fund future transfers, wages slashed, CL a distant memory, etc. sometimes you have to take a bit of pain

I'm not having a coronary. I'm just saying I've felt all along that the Americans are here to stay and that the DIC interest was manafactured.

I'd like to believe that Hicks is lying in every statement he makes about not selling up, but I think we're just deluding ourselves.

if they get their finance we're really fucked long term, DIC will be able to pay about £1 for us with hundreds of millions in debt, won't be long until players like Torres are sold to fund future transfers, wages slashed, CL a distant memory, etc. sometimes you have to take a bit of pain

The mad mental leaping is catching.

I'm not having a coronary. I'm just saying I've felt all along that the Americans are here to stay and that the DIC interest was manafactured.

I'd like to believe that Hicks is lying in every statement he makes about not selling up, but I think we're just deluding ourselves.

That makes no sense what so ever, especially with DIC refusing to comment on the matter.

And with several good sources claiming the opposite.

the statement isnt that emphatic, just says they haven't received an offer and they have 'intentions' of sticking around

Can you point out the non emphatic parts? I've put the emphatic parts, in bold.

Hicks added: "I have not received any offer to purchase the club from the DIC or anyone else, much less accepted any such offer. Nor do I have any intention of doing so.

"Whoever is behind this false report, the facts are that I and my family have always been, and remain, fully committed to co-owning the club; that no-one in my family has ever indicated any intention or desire to sell our stake in the club; and that we expect and intend to be co-owners of the club, and to actively and enthusiastically support the club's manager, players and fans for many years to come."

That's not to say I think this over, as I don't, because I don't trust a word that he says.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks today insisted he has no intention of accepting an offer for his stake in the club.

Reports over the weekend had suggested Dubai International Capital - the investment arm of the Dubai Government - was preparing to launch a £500million bid to buy the club.

BBC Sport reported yesterday an offer was in the process of being made to American co-owners Hicks and George Gillett.

And a report from a Merseyside-based media agency went so far today as to suggest the club had indeed been sold to DIC.

However Hicks this evening released a statement in which he described the latest report as "a complete fabrication and ... absolutely and categorically untrue".

Hicks added: "I have not received any offer to purchase the club from the DIC or anyone else, much less accepted any such offer. Nor do I have any intention of doing so.

"Whoever is behind this false report, the facts are that I and my family have always been, and remain, fully committed to co-owning the club; that no-one in my family has ever indicated any intention or desire to sell our stake in the club; and that we expect and intend to be co-owners of the club, and to actively and enthusiastically support the club's manager, players and fans for many years to come."

Hicks' statement was released to PA Sport through financial and corporate communications consultancy FD.

Reports had claimed yesterday that DIC were set to make an offer for the complete buy-out of the American duo.

The Dubai-based group were close to their own takeover of the Anfield club 12 months ago before the Reds' then chairman David Moores decided to go with the USA investors.

On Thursday a spokesman for Hicks insisted neither of the owners was considering selling their share and both remained fully committed to the club.

Hicks insists he has no intention of selling up at Liverpool | the Daily Mail

Just fuck off you fat cunt, nobody wants you here. (Not WATB obviously)

Take your leveraged Weetabix and jam them right up your ass, with a load of stinging nettles.

I think we've just got to be patient now, and continue our efforts to make sure they know that we no longer want them. DIC can't just fax to Hicks or Gillett "300m, take it or leave it.". Just got to be patient, wait for DIC to put their bid together and make sure they're not getting ripped off.

If Hicks wasn't lying, and he really did support the manager (even if that was after a change of heart) and really did want us to start winning the league and so on, he'd need to do a lot more than speak via a third party to the press.

He should be speaking directly, and he should be speaking live, on Radio or TV.

We want honesty, and you don't get that by releasing carefully-worded statements via a PR company, which is what his last two statements have been.

I read somewhere that his statements about Klinsmann were also done in an email, rather than an interview.

He's choosing which questions to answer.

So, if, as unlikely as it seems, he really is Rafa's biggest fan now, and really does want us to win the league, and intends to do all he can to make that happen, why can't he give a live interview?

Because he knows that a half-decent interviewer will trip him up?

I am sure DIC want to buy the club but Im pretty sure he doesnt want to sell, he's just one stubborn barstard and until the fans make it clear that they dont want him big style then he'll just think he can win us round