You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

Something has to give, if G+H arent prepared to invest in the team to a greater level than we've seen in the last 2 or 3 seasons we're going to be scrapping for 4th place at best. They have to understand that a team that isnt successful on the pitch isnt going to be successful off it. At the rate other teams below us are spending all it takes is 1 season where they dont support the manager and we'd be struggling to make CL football and with 40 million in loan repayments each year they'd be committing financial suicide.

I think what could save us here is that they dont have enough money to pull this off, i really hope this is all posturing at the moment trying to get the best price for themselves, but i just dont see how they can make it work if we need to be qualifying for CL at worst each season yet for that to happen they have to invest in the team, also i just don't see how they could stay here knowing their hated by the fans that they are relying on to put money in their pockets.

At some point something will have to give, if they stay and dont invest in the team the most likely scenario is we get progressively worse as the teams below us get better and we lose out on CL football and the money that brings, that will put stress on their loan repayments and they'd probably be forced to sell at a much lower price.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We WILL go the same way as Leeds if they remain in control - that's obvious to anyone with a brain. Thus, it facilitates the necessity to verbally cajoule and show our general hatred of these people at every game from now until their departure.

As always, it must be done peacefully, without sinking into violence but sometimes a bit of vitriol, a bit more passion than normal is what is needed. We need to make these people feel very, very uncomfortable by making our voices heard consistently. If it only occurs at the Villa match it will be a pathetic, pointless effort.

Rafa of Arabia

Kop in new £350m buy-out

Kop in new £350m buy-out | Sport | News of the World

Exclusive by Chris Bascombe

LIVERPOOL will be bought for £350million by Dubai International Capital to end the club's American nightmare.

The Arabs are likely to make their move as early as the end of the week to oust owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The Americans, who have had a tempestuous relationship with manager Rafa Benitez, controversially want to dump their debt on Anfield as they seek to re-finance to the tune of £350m. DIC had been negotiating with Gillett in a bid to oust Hicks but now they are determined to buy out BOTH Americans.

Hicks and Gillett can still sign a re-finance package with the Royal Bank of Scotland and American bank Wachovia.

That might give them six months breathing space but could cost them millions and insiders say it would only strengthen DIC's resolve to kick them out.

Debt

The last thing club insiders want is for them to maintain control, even for a few more months.

An Anfield source said: "In a strange way DIC may think it's worth waiting for the Americans' to refinance because it will lessen the value of the club because of the level of debt.

"But the best thing that can happen is for the pair of them to get out now. It's clear the old board has made a huge mistake selling to these two."

New snippits from the BBC:

The interest has now been seriously revived, but DIC is insistent it will not pay over the odds to buy the club, and until Gillett and Hicks agree to certain terms contained within the deal, an impasse has been reached.

Joe McLean, who is a football finance expert with accountants Grant Thornton, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The talk at the moment is that there will be some hard bargaining going on and it may take a few weeks before it is resolved."

DIC has put together a package of around £350m to put to Gillett and Hicks, which also includes taking on the debts incurred by the pair when they took control in March last year.

The Americans are currently attempting to finalise terms on a £350m loan that would enable them to repay money borrowed for their £218.9m takeover, repay loans used to sign players, and enable them to start work on a re-scaled plan for a new stadium in Stanley Park.

DIC hopes the offer would present the American duo with a get-out clause before they take out the massive loan.

McLean believes that bankers could try to encourage that to happen and he says that even if Gillett and Hicks do strike a refinancing deal, it would only be a prelude to them selling the club.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Liverpool braced for takeover bid

not getting my hopes up for two reasons

1) the yanks bought lfc to make a big profit

2) the DIC wont want to be shown to pay over the odds (future sellers to the DIC will know they over payed once so why not again) and the DIC have walked before

G&H may dig in their heels once they secure the finace and decide to ride the storm out if DIC don't present them with enough of a profit they will cling to the hope when the stadium is complelted that's when the real money will start to flow.

If DIC were that desperate to own us they'd pay whatever it took, within reason. The fact that they won't pay over their own valuation confirms that they see us as an investment and will at some stage want a return.

G&H may dig in their heels once they secure the finace and decide to ride the storm out if DIC don't present them with enough of a profit they will cling to the hope when the stadium is complelted that's when the real money will start to flow.

They don't appear to have enough money to get the stadium completed and even if they secure this loan it will be very tricky to double it in a year or so.

not getting my hopes up for two reasons

1) the yanks bought lfc to make a big profit

2) the DIC wont want to be shown to pay over the odds (future sellers to the DIC will know they over payed once so why not again) and the DIC have walked before

Completely agree with that. I'm 100% convinced that the Yanks won't sell.

If DIC were that desperate to own us they'd pay whatever it took, within reason. The fact that they won't pay over their own valuation confirms that they see us as an investment and will at some stage want a return.

Or just that they are sensible business people not willing to get fucked up the arse.

Or just that they are sensible business people not willing to get fucked up the arse.

I'd be happy with that. But it kind of dispels the idea that they'll come in and start spending like drunken sailors, like someone on here mentioned yesterday. And if they did, would we eventually end up footing the bill.

I want the Americans out, but something about DIC is niggling away at me.

I'd be happy with that. But it kind of dispels the idea that they'll come in and start spending like drunken sailors, like someone on here mentioned yesterday. And if they did, would we eventually end up footing the bill.

That's just fantasy Rashid in action.

I wish Ebola was niggling away at you instead.

You really thought someone would come in and buy us just because of their affection for the club?

What we need is serious businessmen to take us over, to make a long-term profit from their investment. The only way to do that is to invest on and off the pitch, and the value of the club could triple (just guessing).

Ideally DIC could come in, invest sensibly in the club, get a stadium built, and over a period of time help us be financially stable and more importantly a self-sufficient club.

Essentially not requiring continuous outside investment but creating our own transfer funds through a rise in attendances in a bigger stadium, better marketing and merchandising, and most importantly, success on the pitch.

If they can make us into a well oiled machine, and then sell us to an individual or company who can just maintain a possibly efficient and quality level of management they seek to bring, I have no issues whatsoever.