You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes for depressing reading.

A ground share under different ownership would - undeniably and unequivocally - have been better than what they have in store for us with their stadium plans. Debt, debt, debt, more debt and all with the Hicks/Gillett 'sheen'.

With hindsight, we might have gotten more interest, interest from parties more capable of running our club, if the possibility of such a share was considered a goer. It might have been pissing on our club and traditions from a great height, but if it had been against the backdrop of a stable, affluent future then - fuck - it'd be better than we've got now.

Funny how things change, isn't it? You spend years blasting the possibility of sharing with the pile of excrement across the park, only to be purchased by the sort of people who make such fecal matter look like a glorious meal in comparison. Come to think of it, now I'm going to worry about the ultimate nightmare scenario of sharing with shit while being owned by shit of an even more rancid variety. Fuck.

As disillusioned as I am about the whole mess and the people running our club. The futured does look bleak indeed but as most of us know we will continue following and supporting the club.

That for me will never change. I cannot get out of my head how stupid Parry and Moores have been, wether Moores heart is in the right place or not he has sold us

down the river.

some people are saying its unlikely hicks can use the DIC interest to secure the loan, why not? He saye to the banks 'hey, if it all goes tits up the DIC will buy us out, therefore you will get your money regardless'

the DIC need to talk to the banks and tell them if they loan that money they will walk and never come back.

DIC have already said that they will not pay over the odds for the club and have more or less stated that if Hicks and Gillett get their loan then DIC will walk away.

There is no way that DIC will allow themselves to be made to look foolish by making a bid and it turned down therefore i think Hicks will announce the new loan and DIC will say fair enough you have made your bed now lie in it.

DIC will not overpay but Hicks will want a huge profit, unfortunatly for me them securing the loan means that we are stuck with them.

I dont know, the loan buy the yanks more time but it still wouldnt cover the cost of the stadium it just covers the initial loan and a bit more on top (or am I completely wrong here?)

they will still need money, which they dont have, to build the stadium to realise the potential they think is in the club

I think (hope) they are just looking to buy themselves more time so they can sell up on their terms rather than have a buyer forced upon them

I dont know, the loan buy the yanks more time but it still wouldnt cover the cost of the stadium it just covers the initial loan and a bit more on top (or am I completely wrong here?)

they will still need money, which they dont have, to build the stadium to realise the potential they think is in the club

I think (hope) they are just looking to buy themselves more time so they can sell up on their terms rather than have a buyer forced upon them

They are getting a loan to pay back the cash they borrowed to purchase the club and get the stadium started.

If they are still at the club then in a years time they will need to borrow another £300-400 million to build the stadium.

The interest rates on their inital loan is expected to be between £30-40 million a year so that would double when they take out the next loan for the stadium.

jesus, worse than I figured it, £30-40m a year is not sustainable... we are fucked

Hicks and Gillett are banking on Champs Leauge football every season. Whilst a club the size of Liverpool qualification should be a minimum requirement it isnt guranteed as this season is proving.

Teams around us are all getting better whilst we seem to have stayed still. You could blame this on Rafa but whoever was the manager unless the are given cash they are going to struggle to match teams net spending £40-50 million each season.

Its been said before and i probably agree with them and that is Hicks and Gillett are not bothered about challenging for the league its just that fourth place they require but shortly that is going to be cut to third place so we will have to beat either Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea in the league.

consistent fourth place finishes are a big ask if we dont have funds for players, all the teams round us a improving and spending freely, if we stand still we've no chance

why the fuck could Jurgen have explained that to them the thick wankers?

Like ive said above very soon fourth place wouldnt be enough as UEFA are going to make it that only the top three qualify for the Champs League so that means we have to step it up a few gears.

I have to be honest i can not see us getting any higher then fourth this season and on recent form we are going to struggle to achieve that.

By taking on more debt have Hicks and Gillett got the ability to sustain payments to the bank and find cash for new players to allow us to compete with Man Utd,Arsenal or Chelsea over the course of a season.

Whilst DIC would obviously want to make cash out of us at least they have the financial muscle to achieve this in the short term as well as the long term and are able to find cash available for squad strengthening.

Hicks and Gillett are banking on Champs Leauge football every season. Whilst a club the size of Liverpool qualification should be a minimum requirement it isnt guranteed as this season is proving.

Teams around us are all getting better whilst we seem to have stayed still. You could blame this on Rafa but whoever was the manager unless the are given cash they are going to struggle to match teams net spending £40-50 million each season.

Its been said before and i probably agree with them and that is Hicks and Gillett are not bothered about challenging for the league its just that fourth place they require but shortly that is going to be cut to third place so we will have to beat either Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea in the league.

It's staying as the top four. The top three qualify automatically but the team in fourth have to face an extra qualification round, entering at round 2 instead of round 3.

Guest The Chimp

Would it be a disaster if we didn't qualify for the Champions League? Any profit is not going to go into the club anyway only into servicing these two joker's repayments. To be honest, I fully expect other clubs to be monitoring the situation and any disaffection keenly - a quiet word in a few of our players agent's ears? This could all go very very bad. To be honest, I just want the Yanks out. The club will be here no matter how high or low we are. Maybe, I'm talking absolute shite and completely out the loop as I'm not in the city and as close to things as a lot of you, but I support Liverpool as it's where I'm from and it's been a big part of my life - winning nothing is a disappointing, but I can live with that. Having these two utter cunts in charge is something I really can't. Awaiting a verbal kicking now, but I'd rather be completely honest.

Would it be a disaster if we didn't qualify for the Champions League? Any profit is not going to go into the club anyway only into servicing these two joker's repayments. To be honest, I fully expect other clubs to be monitoring the situation and any disaffection keenly - a quiet word in a few of our players agent's ears? This could all go very very bad. To be honest, I just want the Yanks out. The club will be here no matter how high or low we are. Maybe, I'm talking absolute shite and completely out the loop as I'm not in the city and as close to things as a lot of you, but I support Liverpool as it's where I'm from and it's been a big part of my life - winning nothing is a disappointing, but I can live with that. Having these two utter cunts in charge is something I really can't. Awaiting a verbal kicking now, but I'd rather be completely honest.

I understand where you're coming from. It's getting to the point, now that I'm nowhere near as confident that DIC will rescue us as I was a few days ago, that I just want G&H out of the club, and that anything else is almost irrelevant. I can't be objective about Rafa, or the players whilst these two utter cunts are in charge. It's clear that they have no desire to put us back at the top of the game. I'm very, very scared about the future of the club.

Every day you come on here, the belief in whether DIC will buy out changes. It's getting worse by the day though. The longer this goes on, the more I am thinking that the takeover will never happen and we will be stuck with the pair of twats that are in charge now.

I personally do not want to finish out of the top 4. I just feel that if we are getting £20 mil or whatever you get for getting in the Champions League less in income, that would just result in Rafa getting even less money for transfers. If we do not qualify for the Champions League, what chance have we got of keeping The Chief??

you what fucks me off more than anything is moores could have done what the yanks are doing took out a loan againsts his own assests and then refinanced it against the club, moores is a fuckwit but at least he is a fan.

5 years to search the globe for those two cunts, well liverpool fc wont get another PENNY from me whilst those two cunts are in charge

Please let the other one fall off the page.

Dubai Investment Capital - Ask them to buy Liverpool FC

Dubai Investment Capital - Ask them to buy Liverpool FC

Click on that link....

Example Message from Tom @ 18892..

Dear DIC

Recent online polls on the major Liverpool FC websites show levels of support in favour of a DIC takeover running between 87 to 95%. The majority of match-going fans also support DIC as seen by the recent demonstrations.

As fans we believe that DIC as an organisation most closely matches the Liverpool ethos of dignity in its business dealings and modesty in on-field success.

Please persevere in your takeover plans, even if the current owners manage to borrow the money they need in the next 2 days.

Hicks and Gillett are banking on Champs Leauge football every season. .

Too optimistic I’m afraid.

We can’t compete at the top level and at the same time service the £350M loan. We know it, I’ll bet you the yanks know it too.

If (let’s pray not) they get their loan, the yanks would’ve saved their own asses and probably have taken out a small profit as well. Part one of Butcher plan accomplished. Then undoubtedly we’ll be presented with new stadium plans, and tales of a rosy red future. Then it’s time for Butcher plan part two; milking the cow. I don’t know how they’ll do it but they will do it. Maybe they’ll start working on a new stadium maybe not. Eventually, after the yanks have pocketed another £100M we’ll be left to die.

Loan granted = RIP Liverpool FC.