You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DUBAI TO MAKE BID

WeAreTheBest

I wouldnt believe anything those two come out with and when you get a journo like Tony Barrett saying that DIC are interested then i tend to believe him.

Its been said on here and i mentioned it on Bobhorses thread but Hicks and Gillett are not going to come out and say yes we are looking to sell the club as that would lower the price.

If they doe go ahead and get the loan secured that also doesnt mean that they arent selling but puts them in a stronger position to ask for an high price.

We should have learnt over these last 12 months to not believe a word Hicks and Gillett say so at the moment ive still got an open mind about the whole thing.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pair of sharks. Was things really so bad under Moores that we had to swap it for this chaos. I wouldn't even mind if they'd started work on the stadium, but they're even stalling on that.

I presume that's aimed at me again and another in joke. Not much I can do if you don't believe me expect deny it.

This is the only user name I've ever had, and I'd never name myself after someone as rubbish as Sissoko anyway.

Guest PaddyBerger15

The prospect of Ground Share might well rear its ugly head and liver once again if Laurel and Hardy get their financing and stay on....not wishing to depress folks further like.

I mean, they've lied through their arses about everything else and it would be one way of making the stadium less outlay. If I recall, it was Gillett who was in favour of groundsharing and that was leaked by the club as a reason as to why his bid wasn't acceptable all those months ago...only for Krusty and Moores to then deem the bid to be just fine and dandy. This shit could get seriously worse if these 2 cunts stay as owners....I'm sure the idea and prospect will have been discussed at some point during their tenure. Once they get the finance package sorted, they have the breathing space to do what the fuck they like, when they like.

Arabs refuse to play down talk of buying into Liverpool FC

Jan 17 2008

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks could be on the brink of being offered a way out of the troubled club.

A year ago this month Dubai International Capital were stunned by the last-minute failure of their bid to take control of the club but it is believed they are now set to try to buy the American’s 50% stake in Anfield.

And DIC today made no attempt to play down speculation when a spokesman said: “We do not comment on such things, we have nothing to say on this.”

But as the turmoil over the ownership of Liverpool by Hicks and fellow American George Gillett continues it has become clear DIC have never given up hope of owning the club, with lifelong fan and founder and chairman of DIC Sameer al-Ansari believed to be at the forefront of new moves.

It is the 44-year-old Loughborough University-educated financier who was the prime mover in last January’s failed bid for the club, working on behalf of the real power behind DIC Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum.

A year ago then-chairman David Moores changed his mind at the last minute with DIC expecting to clinch their deal, and opted instead to sell to the Americans.

A board meeting at a London Docklands hotel hours before last January’s match at West Ham signalled the change of heart.

But Al-Ansari has maintained close links with Liverpool, and in particular chief executive Rick Parry, and still attends matches regularly with his family.

And it is understood he has persuaded Sheikh Mohammed to become involved in a second bid.

Al-Ansari has also recently been linked with Sir Richard Branson’s move to take over Northern Rock.

His Liverpool devotion was underlined recently when he said: “It took me two weeks to get over that (the failed bid), but it didn’t dent my passion, I still go to every match when I am here.”

The Liverpool Echo, in a report today, maintain an offer for Hicks’ shares is being prepared and may even have been agreed in principle.

It was Gillett who brought Hicks on board last year when he did not have enough money to mount a solo bid for the club. Exactly where it would leave Gillett if DIC did buy into the club is open to doubt.

But the two Americans have discovered they have lost the backing of the club’s supporters in recent weeks, compounded by the shocked outcry following Hicks’ confirmation the pair had met Jurgen Klinsmann and offered him boss Rafael Benitez’s job.

Hicks and Gillett have to reach an agreement with the Royal Bank of Scotland within six weeks to refinance the loan they took out to buy the club in the first place.

And there is major opposition from within the Liverpool board, believed to come from Moores and Parry, to any move that will see the club take on some of the debt from the loan.

Hicks could accept the bid and get out now with a profit, or continue with the refinancing plans, believed to be a matter of days from completion.

But with Liverpool fans preparing further demonstrations against the Americans at Monday’s home match with Aston Villa, Hicks and Gillett could decide that their problems will only escalate if they continue to control the club from their bases in Dallas and Montreal.

However, the fact is that plans for the new stadium have still to be agreed a year after the takeover and funds to allow Benitez to compete with Manchester United and Chelsea have not been made available.

Hicks recently said he did not want to sell his shares but the reaction to his and Gillett’s tenure this week from the fans could well see a change of heart.

Arabs refuse to play down talk of buying into Liverpool FC - Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk

Guest PaddyBerger15
Nah, he makes it blatantly obvious.

How many names has he had recently? He was banned as Arbeloa only a couple of weeks ago in the last cull...was he also Romana Polizia ? I think Stu Monty got rid of that tosser the other night...is he now back again?

these are fascinating and terrifying times for LFC. I can't believe DIC's approach will be too different from the Yanks though. If it was that compelling, Moores and Parry would have gone for it originally. They believed that the Yanks would invest more than DIC in the team and commericalise the assets.

Or this hairy guy was spot on:

Originally Posted by dave u

"

Then, Gillett comes in with an offer that was significantly bigger than DIC's, and suddenly the 'concerns' they have about him disappear. Amazing what an extra £8m in your bank will make you overlook. They then try to tell people that Moores has some reservations about DIC's offer, and that Gillett may actually be the best option for the club. What actually happened was DIC pulled out because Moores decided their offer wasn't big enough.

If the truth comes out, you'll have a different view of David Moores.

"

£8m is the reason to this mess.

I have to say, I blame Moorse.