You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DUBAI TO MAKE BID

WeAreTheBest

I think Parry and Moores might be trying to get DIC now in the hope that a "favour" will lead to them keeping their jobs.

TBH i think they are trying to protect their legacy. Hicks is a loon. A disaster in motion. They are not stupid, they want him out regardless if they put him in.

It's damage control at full speed.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gillett could force an issue in the fact that he could refuse to accept a loan off the bank meaning that Hicks is forced to sell his share otherwise they wouldnt be able to payback the RBS.

Yeah. That's what I said at the beginning of the thread. If Gillett wants to fuck Hicks off, all he has to do is refuse to sign the forms for the loan with RBS and go with DIC. There's little Hicks could do to prevent such a scenario, unless he was prepared to stump up his own cash.

Yeah. That's what I said at the beginning of the thread. If Gillett wants to fuck Hicks off, all he has to do is refuse to sign the forms for the loan with RBS and go with DIC. There's little Hicks could do to prevent such a scenario, unless he was prepared to stump up his own cash.

We know thats not going to happen.

These quotes have been removed from the original article now.

A source close to DIC today has said the bid would be for a half share in the club with the Arab consortium willing to enter into a dual ownership deal with George Gillett.

He said: “It is a very delicate situation but DIC has reignited its interest in Liverpool Football Club.

“The terms of the offer, which will be made to Tom Hicks, have been agreed and DIC are hopeful they will be finally be able to invest in Liverpool.

“The offer is now being written up and it should be only a matter of time before it is delivered to Hicks.”

This made me laugh. Some people shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

Prem: DIC Liverpool link - Setanta Sports

Anon - 17 January 2008 14:23

Mark this date in your calenders - February 18th 2008. Massive press conference being planned at Anfield as we speak. The club has been sold to DIC for 375 million pounds that will give the current owners $710 million - a $70 million profit. Al Ansari, CEO of DIC has completed his due diligence. The players and staff were made aware of this prior to the Luton game. Rafa's job is safe but he has to bring in an assistant, this will be Gary McAllister. Rick Parry who offended members of DIC last year, will 'step down' and the new owners will bring in David Dein as a replacement. No more money will be available for transfer's in the January window as the current owners will not sanction any deals, unless players are sold. The Summer will see massive player investment from DIC, believed to be in the region of 85 million + whatever is made from player sales. This could see a transfer budget of around 115 million. This is not a rumour, this is all ligit.

Seems that 'anon' has got all the info!!

That's the thing isn't it.

Apart from Rash, who is crazy for DIC, I think most people just reckon it can't get any worse.

Moores did not have the money or eye for management(did hire RP) to bring the club forward...

The two yank clowns are about to destroy the club....

Surely DIC must be a better solution, I just can't see what could be worse....

They do have financial clout to get the loan deals happening.

Their CEO is a fan like us.

They want everything they invest in to be the best.

They do probably see that investing in a better squad makes a better team, in turn that wins trophies, and with success you get additional sales, commercial revenues and television deals.......

Even if they do sell up 5-10 years down the line, they will have improved this football club if they expect a profit for doing so......

Perhaps they can even get some interest free islamic loans to pay of the purchase of the club and the building of the new stadium ;)

Tony Barrett mentions in that last article there that the DIC interest is for at least 50% so i wouldnt be surprised if they are looking at still buying us outright.

Gillette won't last, I'd stake everything I own on it. He comes across as too soft to be able to hold his own against this lot, it'd be like putting Bill Gates in a room with the owner of a fruit and veg stall.

These quotes have been removed from the original article now.

A source close to DIC today has said the bid would be for a half share in the club with the Arab consortium willing to enter into a dual ownership deal with George Gillett.

He said: “It is a very delicate situation but DIC has reignited its interest in Liverpool Football Club.

“The terms of the offer, which will be made to Tom Hicks, have been agreed and DIC are hopeful they will be finally be able to invest in Liverpool.

“The offer is now being written up and it should be only a matter of time before it is delivered to Hicks.”

Two ways of looking at that. One they are wanting more then 50% or two Hicks has made it clear he wont sell so they wont be making a bid.

when the yanks bought our club everyone was overjoyed and pretty much concluded that we had made the right decision.

what are the negatives that made us doubt the arabs first time round?

I don't think I was overjoyed, I reserved the right to judge them later, however their lies sounded alright I guess....

please god let it happen get rid of that DIC Hicks please DIC.

I still think Hicks is a stubborn bastard who will do everything not to sell so my hopes aren't that high right now.

My guess (and guessing is what we’re doing) is Hicks wants out, He’d be happy to end his Liverpool story with a profit. But I can’t really see DIC offering him much more than they offered Moores last year. I hope there’s enough pressure on Hicks, so that he’ll have to sell even if he doesn’t gain.

Gillette won't last, I'd stake everything I own on it. He comes across as too soft to be able to hold his own against this lot, it'd be like putting Bill Gates in a room with the owner of a fruit and veg stall.

He will end up with a small stake and be bought out when the stadium is finished. That will be his reward for shafting the most shaftiest potential shaftee I have ever come across. I really hope he gets shafted the cunt.

Two ways of looking at that. One they are wanting more then 50% or two Hicks has made it clear he wont sell so they wont be making a bid.

I'd say it's the second one. Hicks won't sell. He sees us a huge cash cow and all the protests in the world won't do a thing.

One thing is for certain, they've soured the relationship with the fans forever, unless they turn things around drastically, and that means getting the stadium up and running, coming out with a full statement giving Rafa full backing for at least another season, and giving him a big pile of cash to spend on snoogy doogy.