You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DUBAI TO MAKE BID

WeAreTheBest

DUBAI International Capital is ready to make an offer for Tom Hicks’s stake in Liverpool FC.

It is understood that senior executives at the Dubai-based international investment company were given the go-ahead by Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum to launch a second bid to buy into Liverpool in a year.

An offer has been agreed in principle.

Seems like Hicks is willing to sell. Maybe his Klinsmann-outburst was his final (cheap) shot af Rafa.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frying pan > Fire. Joint owners isn't a good idea full stop.

It's a tough one, Hicks is a cancer and everything he touches turns to shit. Gillett has been quieter but he has been tainted by Hicks and the way he brought him in now looks amateurish at best. I want them both out but if that is too difficult at this moment in time, I'd settle for Hicks being removed.

The way I see it, I think that DIC have seen the way Hicks is acting and feel that he is more likely to sell that GG. They are targeting his half first to get a foot in before testing the waters with GG about his half.

Therefore they have a long term plan to have full ownership but are doing it a piece at a time.

half share in the club with the Arab consortium willing to enter into a dual ownership deal with George Gillett.

What exactly does this mean Hicks is out? That Gillett and DIC will be making decisions on behalf of the club now? Can they not afford full ownership?

If the deal goes ahead ofcourse.

Gillett has always wanted to be involved in LFC but dragged Hicks into the deal, to be fair to Gillett he's been quiet in all of this and by all accounts has been willing to invest unlike Hicks.

Preferably I'd want them both gone just to get rid of the smell, but Hicks is the priority.

Imagane if you were getting mugged and the mugger was scared off by a passer by and then said passer by took your wallet anyway, thats how i see this current situation.

The DIC should they come in are not "saviours" they are as much in it for the money as those 2 jokers are but they may have deeper pockets. This club sold it's soul already and we should all realise that anyone who wants in at this point is doing it for thier own ends and nobody elses and especially not we the fans.

I think it is more like being attacked by a tiger and your only refuge is a room full of really angry geese. You'd take that option.

Unfortunatly we now find ourselves in the hands of the money men. There is no perfect scenario for us anymore. As the Clown stated 'You can only sell the Family silver once'. All we can hope for is that the club will be run with more stability than it is at present. Hoping the stadium issue is sorted sooner rarther than later & there is a reasonable amount of money for the manager.

DIC having only 50% of the shares is a concern, but it can't be any worse than it is at present. I'm sure that if DIC were to purchase Hick's share then it would only be a matter of time before the required the other half from Gillete.

At least DIC are still interested, but make no mistake that the future of the club from now on will always be in the hands of the money men.

It's interesting that it's only Hicks' stake that they're after. I think it's becoming clear that people who said that Hicks was the worst of the two, are possibly right.

Gillett has been really quiet throughout all of this so it seems that they've had a major falling out and obviously disagree about the running of the club.

Interesting times indeed.

I'm still worried about what will happen when DIC take over though.

I'm of a similar mind to you on this one, mate. I'm far from convinced that Hicks will sell. He's clearly an unpredictable person (see his Klinsmann revelations for evidence) and I reckon he will only do what he wants to do and strictly on his own terms. As for DIC, I'm also cautious about them. However, I'm now of the view that anyone bar these two is a step forward. I'm far from buying all this shite about it all being Hicks, either. Clearly he's the bigger nutter of the two, but his former mate is no innocent, either.

In Wild West terms, Hicks is Stumpy in the jailhouse firing his shotgun at anyone who comes near the door. Gillett is the guy who rides into town in the Medicine Wagon selling snake oil.

Half good news this. Ronnie Barker out Ronnie Corbbet to go, is the way i see this.

For those going on about DCI not being a savour but in it for the money.

Everyone involved in top flight football is in it for the money? Player's, Manager's, Owner's, so that isnt an issue.

The real issue is how they take the club forward and how they conduct themselves.

On these points DCI will be almost faultless.

They will ensure that the Club grows and moves forward to become the best in the world because that is all they want for all of there investments to be world leaders in there fields.

The proof of the pudding in this case will always be in the eating but given a choice between change and continuing with the two Ronnie’s its a no brainer

I don't see what Gillette has done wrong to be honest. He was the one who was in for us from the start and only brought Hicks in for a bit more financial muscle. He has kept his mouth shut and all the signal seem to have been that it was hicks having a go at Rafa. Not that he is innocent in all this.

I am guessing but I think Gillette may have forced Hicks hand over this and given DIC an in. If Gillette was refusing to the terms of the refinancing (it was he who said no debt on the club) Hicks has no choice but to either pay the loan with his own capital or sell.

This may yet prove to have been a masterful game of chess played by GG.

Half good news this. Ronnie Barker out Ronnie Corbbet to go, is the way i see this.

For those going on about DCI not being a savour but in it for the money.

Everyone involved in top flight football is in it for the money? Player's, Manager's, Owner's, so that isnt an issue.

The real issue is how they take the club forward and how they conduct themselves.

They will ensure that the Club grows and moves forward to become the best in the world because that is all they want for all of there investments to be world leaders in there fields.

The prove of the pudding in this case will always be in the eating but given a choice between change and continuing with the two Ronnie’s its a no brainer

Ye I agree. They can't be worse than what we have now. I couldn't imagine them talking to the media about approaching another manager when someone else is in the job!

The projects they are involved in are run to make profit yes, but they aim to be the best in everything that they do (from what I can make out anyway)

The prove of the pudding in this case will always be in the eating but given a choice between change and continuing with the two Ronnie’s its a no brainer

I'm not sure the owners of Chelsea and Arsenal are purely in it for "the money".

Anyway, your optimism about DIC is vaguely pathetic, and brings to mind all of the quacking divvies who used Staler & Waldorf's imminenet arrival as a stick to beat and denigrate Moores & Parry.

"Oh, they'll sort out the ticket office"

"Oh, look at how well they did running their "franchises" in the States"

"They'll sort out the "marketing" and revenue streams"

"Hicks gave out the biggest playing contract ever to A-Rod"

"They'll drive expansion into untapped markets"

"They're experts when it comes to stadia"

Where are all these tub-thumpers now? Desperately pinning all their hopes to the Arabs? Posting messages about the "great, untapped Islamic market"?

Fucking hell.