You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

24 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Top Secret - 1984

Early Val Kilmer flick by those who made airplane with him playing an elvis type superstar who goes behind the iron curtain to play a concert only to be drawn in to an East German plot to destroy the wests submarines that he has to help stop. 

Now this was a film that I loved as a kid when it first came out. Never saw it since but there’s been loads of clips doing the rounds on Twitter lately that have had me chuckling so I thought I’ll have to watch this again. 

Some genuinely laugh out loud scenes in the early part of the film but runs out of steam halfway through and the 2nd half is taken up by Vals character singing song after song to kill the running time. Turns out they released an album of these songs on the back of the movie. 

6/10 prob best left in the past. 

Skeet surfing made me chuckle.

Not to mention "he's just a little horse"!

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Skeet surfing made me chuckle.

Not to mention "he's just a little horse"!

Omar Shariff had me howling when he’s with the street magician and then when he comes back from being crushed in the taxi.

Fun fact: the prosthesis they used for Peter Cushings face with the magnifying glass scene was found in the studio when they were making Rogue One and that’s why we get to see Grand Moff Tarkin again. 

50 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Omar Shariff had me howling when he’s with the street magician and then when he comes back from being crushed in the taxi.

Fun fact: the prosthesis they used for Peter Cushings face with the magnifying glass scene was found in the studio when they were making Rogue One and that’s why we get to see Grand Moff Tarkin again. 

I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I love mad shit like that happening.

Unlawful Entry (1992) 

Ray Liotta, Kurt Russell and the quite amazing Madeleine Stowe. 

LAPD cop becomes obsessed with the wife when victims victims of a break in. Gets really sinister and loses his mind while trying to ruin the husbands life. I’d. ever heard of this but I quite enjoyed it. Mainly for Madeleine Stowe who is genuinely beautiful. 7/10 

IMG_9013.jpeg

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Unlawful Entry (1992) 

Ray Liotta, Kurt Russell and the quite amazing Madeleine Stowe. 

LAPD cop becomes obsessed with the wife when victims victims of a break in. Gets really sinister and loses his mind while trying to ruin the husbands life. I’d. ever heard of this but I quite enjoyed it. Mainly for Madeleine Stowe who is genuinely beautiful. 7/10 

IMG_9013.jpeg

Classic 90s thriller. No one plays unhinged psychotics quite as well as Ray. 

• Upvote 1

Civil War 

I didn’t mind this. Good to see Wagner Moura not playing Escobar. I’d like to see a full blown blockbuster about a modern day American Civil war. This certainly isn’t it. Still very watchable. 7/10 

Trigger Point - 2/10. Another film greenlit by Netflix’s woeful quality control department. It’s basically the usual A-Team small town conspiracy episode with more brutal violence. At least they haven’t allocated note than a tv episode budget to it. I didn’t even recognise the lead was Jesica Alba until the opening credits.

Upgrade - 9/10

Probably one of the most underrated films since it's release, not particularly all that keen on sci-fi's but I can appreciate a superbly well made and creative film like this 1.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Binomial said:

Upgrade - 9/10

Probably one of the most underrated films since it's release, not particularly all that keen on sci-fi's but I can appreciate a superbly well made and creative film like this 1.

I really enjoyed that. For such a low budget film, it was quite exceptional. With that, and the Saw and Insidious films, Leigh Whannel must be one of the biggest 'bang for buck' writers and directors going.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

I really enjoyed that. For such a low budget film, it was quite exceptional. With that, and the Saw and Insidious films, Leigh Whannel must be one of the biggest 'bang for buck' writers and directors going.

Insidious is a brilliant film. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, diamondjoe said:

The end we start from 4/10

That Jodie Comer flick on Netflix. What a boring old bag o' shite. Nothing happens of any interest ( apart from a good look at her nebs) 

Fast forwarded through most of it. 

Haven’t seen it but a certain detail there puts it at an 11 before it even starts 

2 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

The end we start from 4/10

That Jodie Comer flick on Netflix. What a boring old bag o' shite. Nothing happens of any interest ( apart from a good look at her nebs) 

Fast forwarded through most of it. 

One of the shittest films I've ever watched. Absolutely pointless film with it building up and building up only to end before anything actually happens.

8 hours ago, Binomial said:

Upgrade - 9/10

It's brilliant. One of the best recentish Sci-Fi movies 

• Upvote 1

In a violent nature 6/10.

Good premise to see a slasher film from the POV of the killer. A lot of the film is watching him trudge through forests though. Has a very odd ending and one of the most gruesome kills you'll see. Would be interesting to see a sequel by a different director. 

Fresh- 8/10. A real oddity, it's a black comedy/ horror/ feminist/ anti-capitalist satire that doesn't quite nail any of those tropes and inverts quite a few , but is still very entertaining. Best bit is a character noping out at one point; it's superbly set up and executed, completely pulling the rug out from under what you thought was going to happen.

Bike Riders - 7/10

Solid cast and the performances were decent but the story itself was very tame and not befitting a big screen adaption.

Scorsese could do a movie on your local darts team and it'd be grittier.

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

Bike Riders - 7/10

Solid cast and the performances were decent but the story itself was very tame and not befitting a big screen adaption.

Scorsese could do a movie on your local darts team and it'd be grittier.

Looking forward to watching this but that’s a downer. Twat 

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire 6/10

Really enjoyed the previous one but this just didn’t do it for me. It wasn’t bad it was all a bit “meh” from the plot, the villain, the new characters, the comedy.

It started, it had a middle and then an end. Suspect I’ll have forgotten about most of it soon enough. 

Very forgettable Blockbuster, the Mrs thought the same. Glad I didn’t waste money seeing it in the cinema.