You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them.

Not arsed what people say, but I like the Harry Potter films. Not immensely, but they're a good watch.

Always meant to watch this kind of tenuous prequel. Got round to it last night. I enjoyed it. Although I did find Eddie Redmayne a bit annoying with touches of the Hugh Grant about him.

7 Liverpool City Centre locations out of 10.

Molly's Game : A good old-fashioned true-to-life account of a sports star turned poker organiser. Lots of great inter-linking stories and it's hard to believe at times it's even remotely true - very good story. 8.5/10

The actor (player X) is apparently Tobey Maguire. He is depicted in this as a right cunt.

Iron Men. 7/10. An enjoyable enough documentary about West Ham leaving Upton Park for the new stadium. Their supporters weren't nearly as annoying as I thought they'd be.

The Titan. 6/10. Thin on story but I liked the idea. Some of the main complaints on IMdB are that the acting was poor, but I thought the characters were all believable enough.

Isle of Dogs

If you like Wes Anderson, you'll quite like it. If you don't, you'll probably hate it.

I like Wes Anderson - 7/10

I like Wes Anderson but Isle of Dogs is 5/10 for me despite amazing animation - plot is a mess and

the deus ex machina at the end - the hacker - was annoying.

Mother! - 1\10

This is a marmite film. I can see why some people would love it and rate it highly. However I thought it was shite and struggled to watch to the end. I gave it 1 point for Jennifer Lawrence's marvelous rack.

Mother! - 1\10

This is a marmite film. I can see why some people would love it and rate it highly. However I thought it was shite and struggled to watch to the end. I gave it 1 point for Jennifer Lawrence's marvelous rack.

I'm one of the people that enjoyed this nonsensical film as it was completely outlandish, thoroughly pointless and overly complicated. It appeals to my outlandish, pointless and complicated nature.

Oh, and Jennifer Lawrence is a spectacular actress and a beautiful woman to boot. And it has Michelle Pfeiffer in it who is also a spectacular actress.

I watched the newest Thor film last night, found it to be generally very enjoyable for what it was & really funny in places.

However, I'm getting a bit fed up with Hollywood having to force strong female characters into everything where it isn't really required. The recent Star Wars film & this were perfect examples of this new trend, which is shite. Either write a decent female part into the film or just leave it, don't wedge them in where it's so obvious that you might as well stop the film for 5 minutes & make an announcement that a 'strong female character' is about to appear. 

Maybe these kiddies films aren't for sexist dinosaurs like me.

The Sons of Katie Elder - 6/10. Nowhere near as good as I remembered.

Gunfight At The OK Corral - 9/10. Fucking love this film. It must be at least twenty years since I last saw it, but it’s still ace. The casting is fantastic. I was trying to think of contemporary equivalents to Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster but I don’t think there are any. Of course there are big stars today but I don’t see any with the charisma of these two. Both of them exude danger and threat in a way modern stars would probably not even want to portray never mind be able to.

• Upvote 1

I'm off work this week so sat up late nights watching shit on Netflix..

Humanoids from the deep. 4/10. Early eighties Roger Corman special. Bad acting, paper thin plot basically everything you would expect from a film where mutated fish men come to shore to get it on with nubile young ladies.

Paranormal Activity. 3/10. Never seen any of this franchise before and now I know why. Boring, no tension and nothing here you haven't seen done better elsewhere.