You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I tried to watch sicario last night but didn’t get all the way through it. It was good up to the point that it got turned off and I’ll revisit the end tonight, but it wasn’t as gripping as I was expecting. Got about another 45 mins to go though

The Cove is a disturbing documentary about the plight of dolphins in a small town in Japan. Genuinely eye opening and hopefully the footage from the movie will see big changes. Hopefully.

Very insightful, 9/10.

All The Money In The World

Christopher Plummer is superb (replacing Kevin Spacey) in Ridley Scott's take of the Getty kidnapping in the 70's.

Excellent film.

8/10

Yeah good film that.

Plummer is far better than Spacey would of been.

Dead Man’s Shoes.

Hadn’t seen it in probably ten years. Still a superb film, Meadows’ best in my opinion.

The bullying scenes, and especially their brutal denouement, were an even more gut-wrenching watch than last time round.

As a side-note, I like how familiar faces pop up in his films when you watch them back. Hadn’t realised Shaun’s Mum was the wife of the last gang member, also Banjo as the guy who gets the back of his jacket painted.

Still find it weird watching Gary Stretch without the ITV Big Fight Live music preceding his appearance though. He’s excellent as menacing lowlife.

Considine obviously steals the show though, leading me onto now making a mental note to watch his new picture ‘Underdog’, which opened this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Dead Man’s Shoes.

Hadn’t seen it in probably ten years. Still a superb film, Meadows’ best in my opinion.

The bullying scenes, and especially their brutal denouement, were an even more gut-wrenching watch than last time round.

As a side-note, I like how familiar faces pop up in his films when you watch them back. Hadn’t realised Shaun’s Mum was the wife of the last gang member, also Banjo as the guy who gets the back of his jacket painted.

Still find it weird watching Gary Stretch without the ITV Big Fight Live music preceding his appearance though. He’s excellent as menacing lowlife.

Considine obviously steals the show though, leading me onto now making a mental note to watch his new picture ‘Underdog’, which opened this weekend.

Journeyman?

Annihilation.

Despite it sounding like the goal of the Isrealis towards the people of Gaza, its a sci-fi/horror staring Natalie Portman.

I was really enjoying it for the first hour then it went up its own ring piece. It was something different from the norm though so worth watching.

5/10. Got 7.7/10 on IMDB.

Phantom Thread

Surprisingly I loved this. Brilliant Paul Thomas Anderson film.

Vicky Krieps steals the show. Daniel Day-Lewis and Lesley Manville also put in top notch performances.

Jonny Greenwood did the entire soundtrack which added to it.

9/10

I read up on this earlier today and thought I'd give it a miss but as there was fuck all on mainstream telly tonight I decided to give it a go and so glad I did. It wont be for everyone but it was right roller coaster of emotions. At one point I felt like putting my foot through the telly into DDLs head. 9/10.