You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Shape of Water.

Enough to keep me interested. Something different than fucking Marvel films is always welcome.

Bit of a WTF film but it's well shot and for that I give it a sold 6.5/10.

The actual best thing about the film was this review by some utter fruitbat. Gotta love America......

"I am way to late for this and I'm sure this will get blocked because I am a Christian and conservative but...you should probably figure out where this is going from my first sentence. I unfortunately paid money to see this movie. I feel pretty dirty about it to be honest. Yah this was a liberals only movie. The heros were two women, a gay guy and a communist. The villains were the military, straight men, and more to the point, white Christian men. Family values was also a disparaging thing and very much a farce compared to a liberal way of living. There were large plot holes but the plot wasn't the point of this movie. This was propaganda. If you liked getting spoon fed liberal ideas you will love this movie. It will make you feel warm and righteous all over just like the end of Avatar. If you like entertaining movies or have a less liberal world view skip this disgusting thing."

• Downvote 1

Black Panther. 8/10.

Enjoyed it, particularly the design of Wakanda, but it struggles with how to fit serious themes about historical treatment of black people into the overall tone of the MCU. It needed a bit more of Klaw's irreverent villainy and more time to develop Killmonger, who is a surprisingly sympathetic villain.

Watched Lion last night, I'd bough the Mrs the book and thought we'd watch it together. True story about a lad who gets lost from home in India when he's five and is eventually adopted by an Australian couple. When he's an adult he uses Google Earth and eventually finds his real family again. Cracking film, I'd give it 9/10.

Well I guess that’s Lion spoiled then.

• Upvote 1

It is, but it's also about the relationship between mother and daughter.

Very funny and witty too in parts aside from that.

Don't really fancy it but It may come in handy for when my daughter gets to that age in about 7 years!

Don't really fancy it but It may come in handy for when my daughter gets to that age in about 7 years!

I didn't really fancy it to be honest, but another one crossed off from last year that I haven't watched. Was pleasantly surprised.

I started watching The Greatest Showman the other day and fucked it off when they started singing after 5 mins into it (I don't do musicals).

I didn't really fancy it to be honest, but another one crossed off from last year that I haven't watched. Was pleasantly surprised.

I started watching The Greatest Showman the other day and fucked it off when they started singing after 5 mins into it (I don't do musicals).

I enjoyed the Greatest Showman but I watched it at the Cinema which makes a big difference I feel.

Isn't it interesting that with all the visibility from the Oscars and Golden Globes and good reviews and controversies and discussions on various platforms, the combined US box office of the two main Oscar contenders, The Shape of Water and 3 Billboards is about the same as that of the latest instalment of the Fifty Shades saga alone, which everybody seems to agree (critics and audiences alike) is a complete turd of a movie.

So much about the importance of exposure, reviews, awards, culture wars over controversies, et cetera. 

Fair do’s. Have you watched his latest, ‘War On Everyone’?

Keep meaning to but not got round to it.

I don’t think so. I’ll check it out.

Glad I saw lion before reading this thread, and when I knew absolutely nothing at all going into it. It was ace and I cried.

Watched Lion last night, I'd bough the Mrs the book and thought we'd watch it together. True story about a lad who gets lost from home in India when he's five and is eventually adopted by an Australian couple. When he's an adult he uses Google Earth and eventually finds his real family again. Cracking film, I'd give it 9/10.

I loved Lion. Incredible film. The end left me in floods.

• Upvote 1

I loved Lion. Incredible film. The end left me in floods.

I've luckily never watched a film and left the bath running. When I watch this I will make sure to leave the bath taps off, as usual.

Raw - French film about a young vegetarian girl who goes to veterinary school, has to eat rabbit kidney as part of a hazing ritual and develops a craving for meat or, more specifically, flesh. It's not quite horror, more body horror, and there's some sequences that are not for the squeamish but it succeeds because it treats the bizarre subject matter in a straightforward manner rather than making it overtly creepy. I'm sure the story was tied with sexuality and coming-of-age but the reason why the lead character gained the hunger certainly seemed to point that way. Not for everyone but an interesting film. 7 out of 10.

Raw - French film about a young vegetarian girl who goes to veterinary school, has to eat rabbit kidney as part of a hazing ritual and develops a craving for meat or, more specifically, flesh. It's not quite horror, more body horror, and there's some sequences that are not for the squeamish but it succeeds because it treats the bizarre subject matter in a straightforward manner rather than making it overtly creepy. I'm sure the story was tied with sexuality and coming-of-age but the reason why the lead character gained the hunger certainly seemed to point that way. Not for everyone but an interesting film. 7 out of 10.

Where did you watch this? It's on my list of films to watch.

I've just got through half a French film called Elle on Terrarium TV.

I had to download the subs. The subs were working fine, but got fucked up half way through. Had to abandon it.

That's why I only try to watch films that require subs on recognised services.