You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Made of stone is boss

I think Meadows made a cunt of it by spending half the documentary interviewing fans outside the gig at Parr Hall.

I watched it once & have never felt the need to go back to it, that's coming from a massive Stone Roses fan as well.

Mr Dynamite the James Brown documentary is class as well.

45a954f9-f58e-46b8-a30f-0aae16863b6a.jpg

Dr Strange 7.5/10

Really enjoyed that, a lot more than I thought I would.

Not one of Marvels characters I've really liked in the past, thought it was all a bit shite when a kid and he kept popping up in comics, so I was surprised to enjoy the film a great deal.

Plus Benedict Cumberlandyerbandland wasn't too bad either. Less annoying than expected.

Top stuff

*Does swirly hand thing*

I'm off to the pictures with the missus on Saturday night & am stuck between going to see I, Daniel Blake or Arrival...

What one should we go & see?

Based on reviews, Arrival is the winner here.

I am definitely on board the Arrival bus first chance I get.

Cafe Society

6/10

Meh. It begins well, it's filmed beautifully and just when you think Allen might be back, all the usual  faults creep in. Blue Jasmine remains his only decent recent film. Off to watch Irrational Man, but not keeping my hopes up. 

I've booked Arrival, I think the other one might be a bit of a downer on a Saturday night so I'll watch that in the house at some point.

Plus I fancy Amy Adams.

beeb62657871305ae209acb125d777d14fd808a4

Good decision, it looks both boss and immense. One word is not enough here.

Dr Strange - 7/10. Not the best Marvel story but entertaining and some spectacular effects.

Arrival - 8/10. Very good and cleverly done. Nice twist at the end and I'm not afraid to say as a parent who's child has had health issues, I reared up at.

Sausage Party - 2/10. A couple of half amusing moments but I don't believe anybody with a full compliment of pubic hair will find this funny. Dreadful.

• Upvote 1

Got confused and posted in the war film thread so posting it in the right place now. 

Anthropoid.

A bit hit and miss, biggest problem for me was the fact it had English actors speaking English with a Czech accent, I get they're trying to make it clear that this wasn't carried out by English people but I had to keep going back to listen to bits again as it was really hard to understand them until it got a decent way into the film. 

Overall it's pretty good, it still portrayed the tension of the attempt on Heydrich and the ending of the film really well even though I was watching it as someone who knew the story really well anyway. Trying not to give anything away there for anyone who either hasn't seen it or doesn't know the story already.

Solid 6/10, would have been a lot higher if they either skipped the accents or just got it played by local actors and subtitled it. 

• Upvote 1