You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Walerian Borowczyk's ' Dr Jekyll And His Woman'. Lovely bit of Euro Sleaze, grubby but at the same time actually quite disturbing. It stars Udo Kier as Jekyll/Hyde and Patrick Magee as an unhinged general, a typically odd performance from him.

Love shit like this, the Blu-ray looks fantastic, a world away from the scratchy VHS I used to watch.

I Daniel Blake - 8/10

Very powerful but a hard watch.

There were a few patchy bits when some scenes felt a bit forced but then other scenes were unbelievably authentic and powerful.

Plenty in the theatre were in tears at the end hell even I had something in my eye. And then we all applauded. Never done that before at the pictures.

• Upvote 1

Watched the remake of the Jungle Book Saturday night.

Although it more closely follows the book rather than the Disney film it was better than I was expecting.

7.5/10

It's very good. They are doing a remake of The Lion King in a similar vein.

I watched Pans Labyrinth for the first time last night, really enjoyed it, good storytelling & some really gruesome bits, 8/10.

I've decided I'm going to watch more subtitled films, it stops me from dicking about on my phone so any suggestions are welcome.

• Upvote 1

I watched Pans Labyrinth for the first time last night, really enjoyed it, good storytelling & some really gruesome bits, 8/10.

I've decided I'm going to watch more subtitled films, it stops me from dicking about on my phone so any suggestions are welcome.

The Pope's Toilet.

• Upvote 1

Watched that Russell Crowe thing the other night. "The Water Diviner"

Utter garbage, Badly acted , stupid story, barely audible or intelligible script for the most part, characters you ended up not giving a shit about and terrible music at deafening levels, Glad when it finished ,

Do yourself a favour and give it a swerve

3/10 .  The girl in it is cute although why she would fancy a middle aged overweight tramp twice her age is an enduring mystery

The Intouchables, We Are The Best, Suburra, Gomorrah.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I love Pan's Labyrinth, great film.

Check out Amelie, The City of Lost Children, Let the right one in, City of God, Life is Beautiful, The Lives of Others, Oldboy (from 2003), Amores Perros...

Just for starters, all very good.

• Upvote 2

Downfall, brilliant film about Hitler's final days in his bunker...9/10

• Upvote 1

Downfall, brilliant film about Hitler's final days in his bunker...9/10

I went to the pictures to see that in 2004 & recorded it off the telly last night.

Tremendous film although maybe not a first date-type, popcorn, soda & drive thru, one for the family style comedy caper.

• Upvote 1