Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

I've been called a lot of things in my time, but never obtuse.

Luckily I'm not easily offended, as it's insulting.

There's no way you are more than 90° but less than 180°

I'd put you at about 270° myself.

• Upvote 3

My view is at odds with most people, who would have Episode VII comfortably ahead of the prequels.

What I like about the prequels is that they don't look or feel like any other movies I know.  Lucas was brave and created something different.  By comparison I found The Force Awakens over familiar.  There are parts of it I enjoyed and I nearly welled up when Han said "yeah, I knew Luke".  That scene was brilliantly done and totally got me, but from that point onward the movie deteriorated even on the first viewing.

I struggle to find things to go back to and enjoy on repeat viewings of it.  I'm eager to find out what happens next and that seems to be the movie's greatest success rather than it being an interesting episode in its own right.  It's almost completely dependent upon where the story is taken in the next episode, and as such lacks depth.

Spot on. Will be back to rep. 

What I like about the prequels is that they don't look or feel like any other movies I know.  

That's because they're 2 hour long video game trailers, and not good ones, they lack any weight both in story and on the screen (especially attack of the clones).

• Upvote 1

Can we move on from Star Wars now, you bunch of nerds.

Agreed.

Deep Throat. I found it a little hard to swallow, 6/10.

The prequels are wank and need to be tossed into a bottomless pit.

Especially as Hades is just regurgitating the same bile he did when TFA originally came out.

Hell or high water, 7/10, good film, just missing a bit of added weight really, maybe it's because I had no country for old men in the back of my mind and that's one of my favourite films.

Genuinely astounded how anyone could rate the prequels above Force Awakens though, the shit it gets all smacks a bit of when people were raised watching Connery Bond films and just refuse to countenance anyone else in the role. 

Seriously, just watch the first minute of this cut scene, I've seen channel 5 straight to video films which were ten times better than the shite this trilogy served up: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFh35U3go

• Upvote 1

Hell or high water, 7/10, good film, just missing a bit of added weight really, maybe it's because I had no country for old men in the back of my mind and that's one of my favourite films.

Really looking forward to that has very high reviews.

I applaud TK. If those people who actually like the Star Wars prequels don't stand up and say so, we won't know who to hang.

• Upvote 4

Haha, I have a low threshold when it comes to the prequels.  I even find Jar Jar funny.

Whilst i admire your guts in stating that you like the prequels, i'm afraid the Jar Jar comment was a step too far. 

• Upvote 2

Captain America: Civil War 9/10. Brilliant and now the best Marvel movie ahead of Winter Soldier.

*Awaits the comic movie haters onslaught*.

Captain America: Civil War 9/10. Brilliant and now the best Marvel movie ahead of Winter Soldier.

*Awaits the comic movie haters onslaught*.

Are you scoring that 9 out of 10 in the context of it's genre, or it is literally in the upper echelons of all the movies you have ever seen?

• Upvote 1