You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Frank - watched this last night & thought it was pretty good in a quirky kind of way, some of the music was interesting as well, although I suspect Captain Beefheart & Jim Morrison might have something to say about it. 6.5/10.

David Brent, life on the road, as expected, amusing throughout with a couple of belly laughs. It would've benefited from a cameo or two from the likes of Tim & Gareth & that laughy noise he makes every time he says something was starting to grate a bit, although I suppose that's the idea. 6.5/10.

Romantics Anonymous - 7/10. French Rom-Com. They're alright French Rom-Coms, as they're often actually quite interesting and funny. Unlike British and American Rom-Coms, which tend to be putrid, tedious shite.

It's on the i-player at the moment. Along with Carnage, which is a great film, and Short Term 12, which is meant to be very good.

Imperium. I think that's what it was called.

Harry Potter as an under cover FBI agent in a white supremacist gang. Sounds like casting had a brain fart but to be fair to him he pulls it off. Fine actor. Ok film.

7.1 / 10

Stopped watching this shit after an hour. If  Daniel Radcliffe was any more wooden he'd have a big fuck off long nose. I don't think I've seen worse acting since I watched Jamie Dornan in The Fall. The boy cannot act. Avoid.

Realised i'd never watched Stir Crazy (after Gene Wilder died), after years of people recommending it, decided to rectify that the other night.

Maybe i was expecting too much, in terms of a movie i actually quite enjoyed it overall, but in terms of laughs it was on the low side. 

Jason Bourne. Maybe it's time to stop the Bourne films now. Just smashing more things up doesn't improve on previous films, and the story lines are much the same. It was alright like, but maybe it's had it's day?

6/10 

I think the end of that film points to a change in how they're told and we'll start seeing him sent on missions rather than just being hunted all the time. 

Said it before about Bourne  but, for me, they never reach the heights of tension because you never feel like he's in any real danger as he's just too utterly slick and hard and ahead of the game. He could be surrounded by the entire US army and he'd still beat shit out of them all with a ruler. 

• Upvote 2

I think the end of that film points to a change in how they're told and we'll start seeing him sent on missions rather than just being hunted all the time. 

Said it before about Bourne  but, for me, they never reach the heights of tension because you never feel like he's in any real danger as he's just too utterly slick and hard and ahead of the game. He could be surrounded by the entire US army and he'd still beat shit out of them all with a ruler. 

Teh Mary Sue.

Circle.

Trawling through Netflix last night and decided to watch this. 50 random people wake in a strange room all stood in a circle. A machine in the middle counts down every two minutes and then kills someone randomly unless the group vote for who should be killed.

Some of the acting and dialogue is a bit corny so overall I give the film a 6/10 but it's still pretty good and thought provoking.

Circle.

Trawling through Netflix last night and decided to watch this. 50 random people wake in a strange room all stood in a circle. A machine in the middle counts down every two minutes and then kills someone randomly unless the group vote for who should be killed.

Some of the acting and dialogue is a bit corny so overall I give the film a 6/10 but it's still pretty good and thought provoking.

I'm assuming it's a riotous comedy?