You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

View To A Kill just started on ITV2.

Roger and his eyebrow in a white ski suit, a Christopher Walken Bond villain and one of the great theme tunes. Pure nostalgia and perfect hungover Bank holiday weekend viewing.

Loses one mark for the song not being called Dance Into The Fire. Sloppy.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Had my Nan staying with us for a couple of days, she loves that Mrs Brown shite, I can just about take the 25 or so minutes its on.

Took the dog out, returned to see my Nan, missus and kids watching 'D' Movie'. Fucking abysmal, easily the worst thing I've ever seen and I'm a big Italian horror fan.

They paid £5.99 for the privilege. The dickbags.

1/10.

Roger and his eyebrow in a white ski suit, a Christopher Walken Bond villain and one of the great theme tunes. Pure nostalgia and perfect hungover Bank holiday weekend viewing.

You missed out Tanya Roberts, the hottest Bond girl ever.

48c5f9691abaaff392a80f8cc401fd79.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bridge of Spies

Interesting cold war story about the Gary Powers capture by the Soviets brought to life by great performances by Tom Hanks and Marl Rylance.

Spielberg tries to spoil it at the end with a couple of unnecessary minutes of schmaltzy family reunion screenplay when the story ended on a bridge in Berlin. 8/10   

Zootropolis - 8/10.

Good kids film with a nice theme and some laugh out loud moments.

Amy - 8/10.

Wasn't a fan of her music but realised she was very talented. This was a very well made documentary and quite insightful for someone who wasn't a fan and was therefore not overly familiar with the situation. A real shame, overall.

The Force Awakens - Watched it again and really enjoyed it again.

Had my Nan staying with us for a couple of days, she loves that Mrs Brown shite, I can just about take the 25 or so minutes its on.

Took the dog out, returned to see my Nan, missus and kids watching 'D' Movie'. Fucking abysmal, easily the worst thing I've ever seen and I'm a big Italian horror fan.

They paid £5.99 for the privilege. The dickbags.

1/10.

I like those japanese Godzilla movies, with the guy in the suit. And anything with Mrs Brown in it is still comfortably the worst thing I've ever seen. That so many people think its the funniest thing ever is a a massive indicator of how stupid humanity has become.

Grace Jones. My word. That body looked like it had been sculpted out of marble.

I would willingly let her destroy me.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if it counts

Brookside The Lost Weekend. 5/10

Starts off with a marvelous Cher impersonation by Claire Sweeney, reminding me of her short but fantastic singing career. Also had a young brooding Barry Grant calling some young buck a wanker after he petrol bombs his car. Id recommend it to anyone with some time on their hands

• Upvote 2

Deadpool - the two Dark Knight films aside (with an honorable mention for Ant Man too) I'm not really a big fan of the superhero/comic book genre.

However, I thought this was great. Action packed, a decent storyline, good flow to it even though it was a bit jumpy going from present to past a fair bit. And it was absolutely hilarious in parts too. Some actual LOL'ing moments. Oh, and Morena Baccarin too. She's absolutely unreal in parts of that film. Goddamn!

9/10.

• Upvote 1