You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Just re-reading this thread to get some film recommendations and saw these:

Knocked Up - 9 out of 10. Very funny and also romantic, but in a good way without any schmaltz. Not sure if it'll bear repeat viewing, but it was ace the first time round.

I'll meet you half way and give it 8.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would also be close to giving it a 9. It's very grounded and relatable, whilst at the same time being hysterically funny in parts.

Do what? It was pretty fecking terrible in my humble opinion and in no way deserving of a 9. Just normal Hollywood shite.

Just re-reading this thread to get some film recommendations and saw these:

Do what? It was pretty fecking terrible in my humble opinion and in no way deserving of a 9. Just normal Hollywood shite.

But, if your avatar is anything to go by; you're old and so therefore your opinion does not count.

There Will Be Blood. A solid 9 even if it did meander for a bit. Daniel Day Lewis is just awesome in it.

Ah, man. I'm really jealous of you for the fact you've seen that. Day-Lewis' tache has got me itching to see it.

Going to watch 'The Kingdom' in a bit. Little bit of Michael Mann never hurt anybody. Even if he is only producing.

Ratatouille

ratatouille-poster.jpg

Belter film. 9/10.

The animation is out of this world, the story line is great and very original. I didn't think i'd like it as much as I did. Must see for all types of GFers!

Actually, I've got that in my bag. Think I'll watch that and watch The Kingdom tomorrow.

Thanks Wig!

Saw 3 films this weekend.

Control. 8.73/10 Impressive. Black and white worked really well. Downloaded some Joy Div songs afrer watching it.

Daywatch 6.22/10 Russian follow up to Night watch. Bit confusing unless you can remember details of first film. Very Matrix like. Subtitled.

Exiled. 4.58/10. Boring. Subtitled Asian film.

Rewatched Juno - Still did not like it.....

Romulus, My Father - Really harrowing Australian film starring Eric Bana about Romanian immigrants living in Victoria, and the horrible family breakup that the 9 year old son witnesses. Don't watch it expecting a barrel of laughs, because you won't get it, but it was a beautiful film. 8/10

Its a very good book, too.

Do films on the tele count?

If so, Hot Shots Part Duex maybe a 6 out of 10, if I'm in a good mood.

If we're talking about new films then Ratatouille (6 out of ten for me, just didn't like it that much). Watched Control yesterday for the first time since seeing it for the first time and I'll still give it an 8 as it's a quality film