You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

And definitely nothing like all that vampire and werewolf shit?. i.e. skinny blokes with their shirts off so 40+ year old women who should know better can drool from both ends over them.

Might have to give them a look then.

I thought the first one was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Right down there with The Viilage, The Happening and The Heat.

I thought the first one was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Right down there with The Viilage, The Happening and The Heat.

I think its boss. Watched the first one on a plane as it was the only film on the iPad i hadn't seen, didn't expect much but really enjoyed it

Saw Blue is the Warmest Colour, which is a 3 hour French, explicit lesbian coming of age story.

The 2 lead actors were amazing, but it needed to be about an hour shorter. You know you have problems when men are thinking "this lesbo scene is going on a bit, isn't it?"

Watched Pacific Rim again last night.  I can't understand all the hate for it, its really good. I actually enjoyed it more than I did at the cinema.

Was everybody expecting some deep and meaningful sci-fi like Moon or 2001? It was never going to be that, It's giant robots fighting giant dinosaurs!!!

Yes, it's cheesy and a bit gay but it's meant to be a diet B-movie and it pulls off what it wants to be really well.

8/10. 

• Upvote 1

The World's End

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Plenty of laughs and, as always, a very British amalgamation of comedy and drama. Not up to the same standards at the previous two parts of the Cornetto Trilogy but then that's a very high bar in my opinion as I love both those films.

"It doesn't know what it wants to be" is a very strange accusation. It wants to be exactly what it is.

• Upvote 1

Not that I watched anything illegal I wouldn't do that. However massive disappointment. Big Alan fan and hated this movie 4/10

I wouldn't go as far as to say I hated it, but I also thought it was a disappointing.  It's Partridge, there was always going to be a few inspired moments peppered throughout, but overall I just thought it was all a bit dull. 

I'd probably go a bit higher than 4/10, a generous 6/10.

I've just watched Alpha Papa. Literally just got back from the cinema now. Honest. 

Anyway, I enjoyed it. I think it's always difficult to transfer the shorter, 30 minute comedy format to the longer, big screen format. But, it worked for me. Just. By no means classic, top notch Partridge, but I liked it. A solid 7 out of 10 for me. 

And the Sparks track in the closing credits is a beast of a tune. 

Some films I've watched recently:

Riddick - 4/10. Trying to be as good as Pitch Black and failing miserably.

Alpha Papa - 8/10. Not my words, the words of top gear magazine.

Captain Phillips - 6/10. Quite realistic and Tom Hanks was pretty good, just not my thing.

Amelie - 9/10. Never expected to like it so never watched it before, which was stupid because it was ace.

Avengers Assemble - 5/10. Run of the mill super-smash-em-up.