You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

2 votes for Marathon Man so far. Might have to go with that.

A post-apocalyptic tale based on a novella by Harlan Ellison. A boy communicates telepathically with his dog as they scavenge for food and sex' date=' and they stumble into an underground society where the old society is preserved.

Sounds good.[/quote']

Looks it too.. I think

gu9fESAlGc4

There's a lot of horror and bleakness on there. I tend to find those type of films keep my attention more these days. Grave of the Fireflies is supposed to be absolutely tragic if anyone fancies a nice cry. - New page so here's the list again IMDb: Dan500's Watchlist

I got a heavily cut version of that with my copy of Cannibal Holocaust many years ago (as in before I had the internet) and it was pretty much un-watchable. I only just remembered it recently and stuck it on there. It sounds right up my street though.

That looks like the type of film that would haunt me for days after watching it' date=' even that trailer has put me on a right downer now.

Fucking hippies.[/quote']

Sorry mate, it does seem rather bizarre. I just hope the dog gets through the film unscathed.

Edited by Adebisi
I

Serpico (1973)

I'm well into classic '70s cinema at the moment, and this is amongst the very best of that era. Al Pacino's lead is perhaps the coolest character committed to film. Watch this and you'll realise what even 'grown up' modern films fail to deliver. A true classic.

8.76/10 crooked cops.

A post-apocalyptic tale based on a novella by Harlan Ellison. A boy communicates telepathically with his dog as they scavenge for food and sex' date=' and they stumble into an underground society where the old society is preserved.

Sounds good.[/quote']

Sounds like Stronts !

Only God Forgives. 3/10, and its only getting 3 mark because Kristin Scott Thomas is sexy as fuck in it.

shite film though. Too much slow motion and shitty atmospheric loud noises in the background.

Oblivion. 5/10. I wont ive it the full Barry Norman. In a nutshell, its a bit shit, i even fell asleep during it, woke up 15 minutes later and the missus informed me i missed the square root of fuck all.

fuck it, im even going to spoil it, he's a fucking clone. There, i saved you the 2 hours you'd never get back if you bothered to watch it. Pure crap

Serpico (1973)

I'm well into classic '70s cinema at the moment' date=' and this is amongst the very best of that era. Al Pacino's lead is perhaps the coolest character committed to film. Watch this and you'll realise what even 'grown up' modern films fail to deliver. A true classic.

8.76/10 crooked cops.[/quote']

Brilliant film this. Back when Pacino was great.

I ended up watching In the Company of Men because I couldn't find a link that would work for Marathon Man. Eckhart is brilliant in it and there's some quality lines in there. I remember watching it on BBC2 years ago. I dunno what's happened there, they used to have some quality films hidden away at daft o'clock in the morning like Happiness and Boys Don't Cry. Anyway, ITCOM is great, gonna add it to my collection eventually - 8/10

Adebisi,

Manhunter is epic.

Some interesting ones on that list. Phantasm is a hoot. The 3 Fulci ones, well, you have to be in the right mood for those. I liked HBTC the best of the three.

The Italians were knocking out some quality horror films in the 70s and 80s like, I dunno the state of horror in Italy now, but I don't have a lot of interest in modern horror anyway. I don't seem to see many British horrors recommended from the same era, but I probably haven't looked into it enough tbf.

I've heard great things about Manhunter, I wanted to watch it before Silence of the Lambs but could never find a copy.

Gangster Squad - Oh my. What a total and utter shitfest. Didn't even bother watching til the end, that's how disjointed, badly scripted, hammy and downright fucking awful it was.

I don't even think I can give it 1/10

I'm gonna give it 0.0025 awful writing out of 10 pathetic acting.

Just got one of those cineworld unlimited cards so me and 2 of the lads watched 16 films from June 30th until now!

Last 4 we have seen are...

Wolverine - 3/10 - very pointless addition to the X-Men franchise. Wolverine has been done to death now, Hugh Jackman needs to take a back seat role and let them explore another character.

The Heat - 7/10 - didn't expect this to be funny at all, the trailer made it look a bit dull but it was a proper laugh out loud comedy. Basic plot, but a funny film.

The Conjuring - 7/10 - first horror I've seen at the cinema, probably the last because I'm a shit bag but it was a good film with a decent story. It was rather obvious, but my mate said all horror's are like that.

Only God Forgives - 1/10 - the worst film I've ever seen in all my life, fucking dire.

support your local sheriff,

saw it on tv, its just a western spoof, but quite enjoyable, James Garner when he was at his best and Jack Elam finally gets a decent role and is very funny, also has Harry Morgan aka colonel from Mash 7/10.

Boss film but the original, Support Your Local Gunfighter, is even better.

The Italians were knocking out some quality horror films in the 70s and 80s like, I dunno the state of horror in Italy now, but I don't have a lot of interest in modern horror anyway. I don't seem to see many British horrors recommended from the same era, but I probably haven't looked into it enough tbf.

I've heard great things about Manhunter, I wanted to watch it before Silence of the Lambs but could never find a copy.

Yeah, though most of them are acquired tastes, especially Fulci. Argento films are good too - Tenebre, Phenomena, Inferno, Suspiria, Deep Red. All of those are worth watching.

There definitely are some good British horrors from the 1970s. The Wicker Man obviously is a classic for a start. The couple of Pete Walker films I've seen are good too - House of Whipcord and Frightmare. The Legend of Hell House is a good film too.

Manhunter tends to pop up on the ITV channels now and again.

Pacific Rim. Lame characters, lazy storyline. There is nothing at all to recommend about this movie except that it has giant monsters and robots fighting. But when you've got that you don't need anything else. In fact since some films are considered classics with neither monsters nor robots PR is worth 7.5/10.

The Lone Ranger. Loved it. 9/10

This Is The End. I have no idea who half these famous actors are but it's a very enjoyable movie with some funny dialogue. 8/10

Quick question

I tend to mostly watch films that have been released on DVD (live in foreign country etc, etc). However this means that I often look for films to watch by hitting this thread and going back about 6 months. Is it worth making my life easier by having a "Rate the last DVD you watched" thread, or will it die on it's arse?