You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I watched 'Gran Torino' in the company of a bottle of Bell's last night and (despite of it's grating sentimentality) quite enjoyed it, the film that is. I just went along with it for the ride and I found it more enjoyable than most drivel I often finding myself looking at.

I think I stayed with some 'Hmong' people up in the hills/jungle on the Laos border about 18 years ago and got off me tits with the shamen on 'lao khaow' (homemade rice-hooch), and despite their protests, sang them some Beatles songs (which they were curiously familiar with) and smoked a truck-load of opium, (the old-fashioned way) lying on your side with a long pipe balanced on a wee stand while watching the hosts prepare the next one. I was advised to smoke no more than two pipes, but being a fit, pissed, greedy fucker, with a couple of baubles in me pocket I went well into double figures while they sagely grinned at me and I grinned back. Come to think of it, they might have been 'Karen' people, as bad as it sounds I don't remember clearly, then again I was off my noggin with the opium. Was I there? Who cares? A solid 7/10

I watched 'Gran Torino' in the company of a bottle of Bell's last night and (despite of it's grating sentimentality) quite enjoyed it, the film that is. I just went along with it for the ride and I found it more enjoyable than most drivel I often finding myself looking at.

I think I stayed with some 'Hmong' people up in the hills/jungle on the Laos border about 18 years ago and got off me tits with the shamen on 'lao khaow' (homemade rice-hooch), and despite their protests, sang them some Beatles songs (which they were curiously familiar with) and smoked a truck-load of opium, (the old-fashioned way) lying on your side with a long pipe balanced on a wee stand while watching the hosts prepare the next one. I was advised to smoke no more than two pipes, but being a fit, pissed, greedy fucker, with a couple of baubles in me pocket I went well into double figures while they sagely grinned at me and I grinned back. Come to think of it, they might have been 'Karen' people, as bad as it sounds I don't remember clearly, then again I was off my noggin with the opium. Was I there? Who cares? A solid 7/10

What the fuck are you going on about you drunk waster

Repped

'Closer' starring Jude Law, Clive Owen, Natalie Portman and Julia Roberts. A wonderfully acted film but it leaves one feeling slightly empty. The characters, whilst beautifully realised, are cold as fuck. I would hate to bump into a bird like those two; still we get to see the delightful Ms Portman as a stripper.

Despite my comments above, Portman looks absolutely stunning in the last scene (fully clothed). I am in love with the utterly unobtainable!

As above Defiance is dull, dull and dull.

Doubt...Meryl Streep, and co....a nun v priest in a film about doubt and the suspicion of child abuse, Superbly done...8.5/10

Pineapple Express - 4/10 - Disappointing, Empire gave this 4 stars, did not find it very funny

Has anyone seen Defiance with Daniel Craig yet? is it worth a look?

I've watched a few over the christmas so here we go:

Pulp Fiction 9/10

Kill bill volume 1 8/10

Kill bill Volume 2 6/10

The Van 6/10 Nowhere near as good as the snapper or the commitments

Resevoir Dogs 10/10

A bit of a theme developing there, Robbie.