You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

It was utter drivel. Just an attempt to make a film were the lead actor doesn't talk. Fools thought it was "drama" and great acting.

That prick gosling tried the exact same wooden acting in beyond the pines and it just doesnt work.

The fact I am in agreement with this absolute nutter is making me rethink my opinion.

I also thought Drive was absolutely terrible. It was like you were constantly waiting for the intro to finish and the storyline to start and then the film ended. Nothing happens and there is barely any acting to speak of never mind it being any good. One of those films I really wanted to like and just hated it and the hatred got worse the longer I've gone from seeing it, probably due to my mates raving on about how good it was.

SubUrbia - By the bloke who did Dazed and Confused. Pretty decent and pretty funny in places. It's a 2 hour film and nearly the entire film revolves around a bunch of 20something slackers talking, but I found it really enjoyable. Maybe because I too am a 20something slacker. Got a decent soundtrack too. Sonic Youth wrote Sunday for it. Check out the live version of that, it's proper racket - 7.5/10

Despicable me 2. 3/10 I love kids films but though this was a bit shit.

Man of Steel 8/10. Cracking film. Every character was good (exceot Lois)and great acting.

Place beyond the pines. 6/10 Enjoyed it, good story but lacks a ending/a reasoning behind it whatever. Didn't quite get it.

Despicable me 2. 3/10 I love kids films but though this was a bit shit.

Man of Steel 8/10. Cracking film. Every character was good (exceot Lois)and great acting.

Place beyond the pines. 6/10 Enjoyed it' date=' good story but lacks a ending/a reasoning behind it whatever. Didn't quite get it.[/quote']

Gutted, i thought i was up for an oscar nomination at least

Seriously? IMO it probably in the top 3 best bonds ever.

I tried watching it again the other day to see if I was rash in my first opinion of it.

No I wasn't, it's shite.

I thought Daniel Craig was good when he had to act and not leap around, and there were occassions where Bardem delivered some good dialogue, but they were up against it because of the piss poor script.

The finale in the house was utter wank, what sort of Bond is this? Calor gas bottles, exploding lightbulbs, booby-trapped floor boards, old men with shotguns, it was cringey. Oh look, they've hired a helicopter and blown it up, fail, it just looks even more rediculous now.

Judi Dench. That's all. Dame Judy Dench. 2/10. If she wasn't in it and hamming the fuck out of it then it might have achieved 4/10.

Some good news now.

Margin Call - 8/10

Really liked it, great dialogue, great casting, and strangely absorbing considering the subject matter. I watched it twice in a week, just felt like it.

House - It's like a Japanese homage to Scooby Doo or something. I watched it after a few doobies and I was laughing/staring open mouthed in absolute bemusement the entire time. I dunno how good it would be sober, the guy who made it was off his mash on acid apparently and you can tell. Very enjoyable though, I don't watch a lot of Asian cinema but I really liked this. Gotta hand it to the Japanese, they know how to melt your brains 8/10

Hunger Games. Watched it last week for the first time, fucking good film. Really not like I was expecting. Developed a bit of a thing for the bird in it while I was watching it. They are bringing out a sequel as well which I reckon will be decent.

7.5/10 - really enjoyed it. Although.... the games-master being able to send fire down and weird dogs n shit spoilt it a little.

Surprised at that review of skyfall above, i thought it was a brilliant bond film.

I've given this Bond thing a bit second chance to be honest.

I agree somewhat with funnneee and his review of Skyfall but I think it has become a victim of the franchises recent journey into realism.

Looking back at old Bonds they were almost all based around bizarre and outlandish villains. Hiding out in volcanoes or undersea worlds and launching space weapons and the like. Employing midgets with killer bowler hats or giants with metal teeth. Attempting to murder Bond and chick with laser knifes or killer sharks.

All complete fantasy but we were somehow able to suspend reality and still believe this guy was a top secret agent saving the world and shagging the bird.

Craig pays a completely different character. IMO he is superb but his previous film have little if anything in common with the tongue in cheek nature of Connery and Moore. The realistic and sometimes even brutal nature of the previous films makes these the first Bonds I would not let my 5 year old watch. Cracking films but different.

Skyfall for me was an attempt by the director to get Bond back to his original manifestation. He does not quite pull it of as it is somewhat of a halfway house between the realism and fantasy of previous films.

Maybe that is more my problem as I am unable to see Craig in the same light as past Bonds. Interesting to see where they go next.

Dredd 9/10

Ultra-violent, dirty and clearly created and directed by someone who understood the appeal of the comics. Fucking awesome.

Is right. The only thing wrong with it was the comic book Dredd would never have let Anderson pass after losing her weapon.