Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 50 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

Got me baffled there mate.:|

I might try and watch it again but I kept checking the timer on it to see how long was left. Like I said, everything was portrayed really well and all the parts were well acted. I just don't think the film itself told much of a story. I guess some films don't but they usually have something else which is interesting in them such as excellent dialogue or character chemistry; just something to latch on to and keep you interested.

I think whenever I watch a good film I usually feel a bit of a loss or something when the credits roll but I was pretty grateful with this one.

The Curious case of Benjamin Button - beautiful film, quite similar to Forrest Gump with regard to the timeline/historical event thing, but overall enjoyable.

8/10

Magnolia

Watched it when it first came out and thought it was trash. 520/1000

Watched it again last night and thought it was brilliant. The only reason it loses ponts on the fink-o-meter is because it about 20 minutes too long

835/1000

I might try and watch it again but I kept checking the timer on it to see how long was left. Like I said, everything was portrayed really well and all the parts were well acted. I just don't think the film itself told much of a story. I guess some films don't but they usually have something else which is interesting in them such as excellent dialogue or character chemistry; just something to latch on to and keep you interested.

I think whenever I watch a good film I usually feel a bit of a loss or something when the credits roll but I was pretty grateful with this one.

Fair enough. Personally, I thought 'The Wrestler', for any of it's plot failings, was well worthy of the hoo-ha about the central performance of Mickey Rourke. I can't stand wrestling and am not a particular fan of mickey Rourke but the character of 'Ram' engaged me and I genuinely 'felt' for him and the troubles he had, and when a film 'moves' you emotionally, that's got to be a good thing.

I watched Reservoir Dogs for the first time the other day and to be honest i don't know what all the fuss is about. People have always said to me how good it is and they couldn't believe i hadn't seen it. It's an ok film, nothing special really. I kept checking how long was left in it, i just didn't get in to it at all.

Just re-watched Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull to pass some time in work.

The bit where that lad swings through the trees is a disgrace.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

V For Vendetta.

Really wasn't expecting to like this. Not the type of film I'd've picked up (but Mr C bought a batch of cheap blurays in Zavvi). I know nothing of comic book heroes so came to this as a complete V novice.

It was ace. I loved it. Natalie Portman is excellent as Evey and the character of V is very well done. Unexpectedly moving and thought provoking.

Captured the 1980s paranoid political thriller genre brilliantly.

Read a few online reviews afterwards and apparently it's not true to the original comic. Well tough shit nerds, get a life.

8/10