You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

That is one of those films that is actually better when it has finished as you just think back on it and it is only then you realise how much you were brought into it and how much it affected your thinking.Not always in a nice way either .

You also think about what you would have done in their position .

Yeah it was a great film, surpurb acting/directing from brothers Affleck

Made me think of what I would have done in his situation, long into the night.

A sign of a good film

Castaway : 6/10 - Another one of those i just never went to see. Massive product placement as you'd expect with Zemeckis, and the final 15-20 minutes are cringeworthy. Very funny when he loses 'Wilson' his volleyball friend, even though it's supposed to be poignant! Middle part is pretty good watching though. Worth seeing once i suppose. Maybe.

Gran Torino - 8.5/10. Another solid film from Clint Eastood. Definately more a film for the soul than it is a film for the mind but it is a good piece of work. Also refreshing that the Hmong are finally acknowledged and someone at least attempts to clear up why they're in the U.S. and the respect they ought to be given.

Jarhead. 5/10 Gulf war crap. Yet to see Jake Gyllenhaal not suck in a film. Er, ha- see what I did there!

Seven Pounds.

It's a very good film. If you don't realise what is happening, I would imagine it could be hard going, but if you get onto the storyline it's one of those films when you hold your breath during certain scenes because it is just so tense.

It's brilliantly directed by Gabriele Muccino and I was particularly impressed with the performance of Rosario Dawson (of 25th Hour). She's got such a presence. Will Smith is also very good. I have to admit that since Ali I really like him as an actor.

The missus cried all the way through it, get it watched when it comes out, it's very good.