Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

Caddyshack. I haven't watched it, I'm just using it as another example of Chevy Chase gold.

Three Amigos.

oo liked that film. Beat at his best.

It certainly is.

Last night I went to watch The Warriors. It wouldn't work in my DVD player, so I give it a 2. I had seen it before though, and it's actually a 9.0173.

Instead I watched Sherrybaby. Maggie's nipples are not enough to save it from being quite dull.

The Navigator. A low budget New Zealand film set first in The Dark Ages then they tunnel through to a "modern day" (Eighties) New Zealand city. Was quite bizarre with the colour bits being fantasy and the B/W being reality of the horror of The Plague. I liked it; my flat mate hated it. 8/10.

Saw Sweeny Todd yesterday. Enjoyed it a lot. Plot didnt follow the truth all that closely, and it was a musical, but it was funny ang generally very enjoyable.

oh, and Helena Bonham Carter is a minx.

8/10

EDIT: thought i would add this in case anyone disagreed about the minxness.

hbc.jpg

Just watched the Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford.

I thought it was brilliant, absolutely loved it. Brad Pitt is amazing as Jesse James so is Casey Affleck as Robert Ford.

It's not a fast paced Western movie with shootouts it's an insight into Jesse James in his final years and what led up to his death. 9 out of 10

Saw No Country for old men.

7.8/10 - Really good film, great baddie/goodie, tailed off at the end a bit

3:10 to Yuma. Wobbly. Crowe and Bale excellent, let down slightly by a barmy ending. Wobble.

I give it ...three and a half eggs. Wibbly.

The last film I watched was Monty Python's The Life of Brian, after I watched a documentary the other day that was on recently about the hubub it caused amongst the religious types when it came out. The documentary was almost as funny as the film. The film, being easily the best film of all time, scores a 0 out of 0.

Not being a movie anorak, I had no idea until the documentary that George Harrison bankrolled the whole project after the big US movie types shit their pants at the script, hence George Harrison is the best Beatle, and in fact, scouser of all time.

I'm eating a caramel ice cream , ive bitten the chocolate off, i'm now wondering where's the fucking Caramel, is it just caramel flavoured ice cream ?? if it is, its the shittest thing ever. Anyway one missed call, watchable American take on japanese horror ring,grudge esque 6/10.

Watched Death Proof last night. Easily his weakest film, but still very entertaining: 7/10.