You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Ambulance 

Juergen Klopp plays the quirky chief of the LAPD hunting down master bank robber Jake Gyllenall in the worst transformers movie yet. 

Quite possibly the worst movie I’ve ever watched to the end. 

Michael Bay needs to be brought to The Hague for crimes against humanity.

Minus 1 billion. 

Birds fit as fuck but far too heavily made up to ne taken seriously. 

Watched Jurassic thingy last night. That is 2hrs and 20 odd minutes of the same old shite that I’m not getting back. It’s the same as the others, just in slightly different places. She loved it, the gonk. 

This whole franchise needs to be extinct for the next 160 million years and that’s probably too soon a return to life.

4/10 at best. 

Watching Everything Everywhere all at Once, over the weekend.

Heard really good reports about this so can’t wait. 
Hope it’s not too time travely, me missus is not good with time shift films, which in turn has her constantly asking - who’s he? when’s that? where are they now? The Inception debacle come major kick off, is still a touchy subject in the House of Butty. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Red74 said:

Ambulance 

Juergen Klopp plays the quirky chief of the LAPD hunting down master bank robber Jake Gyllenall in the worst transformers movie yet. 

Quite possibly the worst movie I’ve ever watched to the end. 

Michael Bay needs to be brought to The Hague for crimes against humanity.

Minus 1 billion. 

Birds fit as fuck but far too heavily made up to ne taken seriously. 

How many choppers in the sky going past the sun?

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

How many choppers in the sky going past the sun?

Ha. I know. I kept waiting for starsceeam to come and blast them out the sky.

Where did Juergen get that bag of Cheetos from during the chase

Thor: Love & Thunder - 4/10. Lost the balance of jokes and seriousness, turned author into a walking joke rather than the odd bit of comic relief, and wasted Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. Bit of a misstep.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Thor: Love & Thunder - 4/10. Lost the balance of jokes and seriousness, turned author into a walking joke rather than the odd bit of comic relief, and wasted Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. Bit of a misstep.

Yeah I wasn't overly impressed. Marvel need to take a step back as I think people are getting bored of them at the moment.

Thor - Love and Thunder: As above, it's just ok.

Given the story of Gor it could have been darker and more focused on his journey rather than a Btec Ragnarok with Gor's origin wrapped up so early but the depiction of the Gods (including the god that set's his arc in motion) was too jarring.

Thor also has no development in this movie and, if anything, he's regressed back to the start of Ragnarok.

All the cool stuff seems to happen off screen.

• 2 weeks later...

The Phantom of The Open

Brilliant little biopic of Maurice Flitcroft, the eponymous Phantom and a down to earth working class dad.

Mark Rylance is brilliant in the lead role, I laughed out loud countless times.

If you enjoyed Eddie The Eagle then you're guaranteed to feel the same way about this, a brilliant little feel good film.

8/10 Nodi Ezra Real Debrid

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Scream (2022)

I'm a sucker for anything with a whodunit angle, but they really need to stop this franchise. It's trying so hard to be meta that it's no longer entertaining.

I thought it was good.

And I'm not a fan of horror let alone horror reboots.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I thought it was good.

And I'm not a fan of horror let alone horror reboots.

I felt it had trouble walking the tightrope of enjoyable cliche, and ended up using that formula as a crutch.

- SPOILERS -

They threw in one supposedly unexpected death of an established character, but it was telegraphed. 

The whole twist being there wasn't really a twist, and it's the most obvious killer, but with a lame reason. Meh.

It was easy-watching hokum I guess.

The Gray Man - 8/10. (10/10*).

Latest Netflix offering. An 80’s Arnie action vehicle with modern sensibilities. Two or three decades earlier and Arnie would have been all over this. Big, over the top, action set pieces. Quips. It even riffs on the plot from Commando. Gosling and Evans are clearly enjoying themselves. Particularly Evans, who’s channeling his inner Bennet. Just good, silly, entertaining popcorn fun. 

* Usual upgrade to 10 for Ana de Armas applies.

Die Hard 2. Good solid action romp. The villain lacks the gravitas of Hans Gruber and there are a lot of familiar tropes from the first movie but who gives a fuck? It’s Bruce single handedly saving everyone from terrorists at Christmas.

I’ll give it 7.5 out of 10. 

3 hours ago, Shitty Arse said:

Die Hard 2. Good solid action romp. The villain lacks the gravitas of Hans Gruber and there are a lot of familiar tropes from the first movie but who gives a fuck? It’s Bruce single handedly saving everyone from terrorists at Christmas.

I’ll give it 7.5 out of 10. 

Is it called

a)Die Hard 2

b)Die Harder or

c)Die Hard 2: Die Harder.

Also worth mentioning the terrorist leader on the plane is from the same place (Val Verde) mentioned in both Predator and Commando.

It's also based on the book 58 Minutes.

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Is it called

a)Die Hard 2

b)Die Harder or

c)Die Hard 2: Die Harder.

Also worth mentioning the terrorist leader on the plane is from the same place (Val Verde) mentioned in both Predator and Commando.

It's also based on the book 58 Minutes.

When the opening credits roll it’s just Die Hard 2. So Die Hard 2 for me. I think it said die harder on the movie poster. 
I love the first 2 Predator films. I’d never seen Commando first time around so tried to watch it a couple of months ago. It really hasn’t aged well at all. I know it’s supposed to be a cheesy action flick but everyone is so wooden in it. I struggled with it. Unpopular opinion on here as it seems to get a lot of love. 

38 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

I’d never seen Commando first time around so tried to watch it a couple of months ago. It really hasn’t aged well at all. I know it’s supposed to be a cheesy action flick but everyone is so wooden in it. I struggled with it. Unpopular opinion on here as it seems to get a lot of love. 

We’ve found a witch. May we burn him. He weighs the same as a duck.

2 hours ago, Shitty Arse said:

When the opening credits roll it’s just Die Hard 2. So Die Hard 2 for me. I think it said die harder on the movie poster. 
I love the first 2 Predator films. I’d never seen Commando first time around so tried to watch it a couple of months ago. It really hasn’t aged well at all. I know it’s supposed to be a cheesy action flick but everyone is so wooden in it. I struggled with it. Unpopular opinion on here as it seems to get a lot of love. 

I see what you did here.

The Duke

True story about down on his luck Geordie Kempton Bunton, accused of stealing a Goya portrait of The Duke of Wellington from the National Gallery.

Jim Broadbent stars as Bunton with Helen Mirren as his long suffering wife.

Witty and very enjoyable.

7/10