Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

I Origins

Michael Pitt stars as a scientist who studies eyes and who falls in love with a beautiful mysterious stranger.

I love this film. The ending packs an incredible punch.

9/10

5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A Prophet is a cracking film but I haven't seen the other two.

Will defo give them a look.

Deffo give Mesrine films a look. Like Chairman Meow says,he had a hell of a life too. Vincent Cassell plays Mesrine so a good performance is given.

• Upvote 1

Elvis - 8.5/10

Being born in the mid 80's I never fully understood the cultural significance of Elvis, I've seen him gyrating onstage in his flamboyant outfits and know he's an icon etc but never really knew his story. This movie fills in all the gaps and gives a real insight of what unfolded behind all the big Vegas shows and his what led to his death.

Austin Butler puts in an Oscar worthy performance as Elvis, Tom Hanks is great as usual despite his shit accent (which sounded like Adam Sandler in The Waterboy at times) and the direction of the movie is top class 

It's on for 2 hours 40 minutes but manages to stay engaging throughout. Enjoyed this immensely despite not being an Elvis fan.

As a sidenote, it's been a great month of movie releases with Top Gun Maverick, The Black Phone and Elvis. 

On 28/06/2022 at 16:04, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Been on a bit of a horror movie trip this last while.

Conjuring 1 and 2 are decent. 7/10.

Annabelle is shite. 3/10.

Watching Insidious so far and its decent too. 7/10

Insidious terrified me. Proper freaked me out. There have been a few decent horrors the last decade or so - It Follows, the Babadook, Hereditary, Paranormal Activity all spring to mind. 

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Tried to watch The Northman...tried really hard. What a disappointment absolute tosh IMO.

We tried watching it and turned it off after half an hour. Shite.

Just now, Harry's Lad said:

We tried watching it and turned it off after half an hour. Shite.

It was. They made a song and dance about being a cinematic epic but it was just looneytunes.

16 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Insidious terrified me. Proper freaked me out. There have been a few decent horrors the last decade or so - It Follows, the Babadook, Hereditary, Paranormal Activity all spring to mind. 

I like Insidious. Until the end with that fucking demon. But yeah, tip toe through the window through the tulips....... creepy as fuck. Rose Byrne is superb in it. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I like Insidious. Until the end with that fucking demon. But yeah, tip toe through the window through the tulips....... creepy as fuck. Rose Byrne is superb in it. 

I'm pretty sure they guy responsible for Insidious and The Conjuring was one of the two guys who made Saw. 

"Beavis & Butthead do the Universe" is exactly what you would expect, and all the better for it. I haven't laughed as hard at a movie in a long time. Uhuhuhuhuh...."hard"

8/10 

42 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm pretty sure they guy responsible for Insidious and The Conjuring was one of the two guys who made Saw. 

James Wan- yes, he is. Quite a resume, especially with turning low-ish budgets films into massive successes- https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1490123/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0#director

On 19/06/2022 at 01:50, John102 said:

Spiderhead 4/10

A pretty dull, film very little story to speak of. Somehow manages to eek out an hour and forty mins.

I actually went onto Netflix to watch Hustle, so feel doubly annoyed now.

If only I'd read this first I wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes. Didn't have a clue what the storyline was. Fuckraroff Netflix.

King Richard 

Will Smith plays the Williams sisters dad. I can see why he won the oscar, brilliant film. The girls who lay Venus and Serena are brilliant as well. 8/10. 

A Day To Die - -5/10. Yes, that’s a minus five. At this point I think Netflix are engaged in some sort of social experiment in which the public bear witness to the tail end of the slow, inexorable death of Bruce Willis’ career. I managed twenty minutes so you don’t have to. Surely the last decent film Kevin Dillon made was There’s Something About Mary. He looks like he’s been filled with so much Botox he can no longer move his face or body. And what the fuck is Frank Grillo doing slumming it in this shit? He can’t need the money. It can only be a favour to a mate. Awful dialogue. Action sequences that are like 12 year olds making a home movie. And the worst CGI explosions I’ve ever seen. Swerve.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

A Day To Die - -5/10. Yes, that’s a minus five. At this point I think Netflix are engaged in some sort of social experiment in which the public bear witness to the tail end of the slow, inexorable death of Bruce Willis’ career. I managed twenty minutes so you don’t have to. Surely the last decent film Kevin Dillon made was There’s Something About Mary. He looks like he’s been filled with so much Botox he can no longer move his face or body. And what the fuck is Frank Grillo doing slumming it in this shit? He can’t need the money. It can only be a favour to a mate. Awful dialogue. Action sequences that are like 12 year olds making a home movie. And the worst CGI explosions I’ve ever seen. Swerve.

It's Matt Dillon that's in Something about Mary, Kevin was in Entourage.

Lone Survivor. 7/10. Marky Mark in decent Sunday night film with a few Becks. If ever stuntman earned their wedge it's this film.

True story about how they might think they're dead hard but highlights how many fuckups they get involved in. 

21 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

It's Matt Dillon that's in Something about Mary, Kevin was in Entourage.

Fuck you Kevin.

Been tricked into watching The Princess because Dominic cooper is in it and Kodi reported it as 80% on rotten tomatoes, it lied. 

Absolute garbage, one 90 minute sword fight with terrible acting from all involved.

Definitely one for the strong, independent ladies out there and no fucker else.

Errrm 1/10

Thor: Love & Thunder.

4/10.

Too many jokes, some brilliant, but it’s unrelenting and not in a good way.

There’s a good film in there, somewhere, but this is Waititi‘s ‘cocaine album’, if that makes sense?

• Upvote 1