You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

57 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have never seen Top Gun and will never watch Top Gun 2,but I loved the Hot Shots and Hot Shots Part Deux films.

You’re missing out. Massively. 

54 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've never watched Top Gun 1&2 either but Maverick is top class.

Maverick is Top Gun 2 you fucking volleyball 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Top Gun 2 Maverick 

As a huge fan of the original I absolutely loved this. I was aroused about 6 times during the film but a completely different state of arousal than in the first film. Honestly one of the best films I’ve seen in the pictures. I nearly burst into tears at the start. Penny Benjamin for those familiar with the first film was a great addition. Rooster who played Gooses son is great and Phoenix can be my wingman anytime. 

10 Mach 10’s out of 10 

So they recreated the beach volleyball scene?

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I've never watched Top Gun 1&2 either but Maverick is top class.

No-one has ever seen Top Gun 2. Even Tom Cruise has never seen it.

Operation: Mincemeat

Colin Firth reminds me once again, of just what a shit actor I think he is.

A great story which is rendered boring as fuck by the usual prim and proper plummy voiced poseurs. Ah, just git tae fuck the lot o yiz.

No suspense, no tension, looks great but the direction and the acting are by the numbers.

3/10 Ezra Nodi Real Debrid

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A great story which is rendered boring as fuck by the usual prim and proper plummy voiced poseurs. Ah, just git tae fuck the lot o yiz.

No suspense, no tension, looks great but the direction and the acting are by the numbers.

3/10 Ezra Nodi Real Debrid

It bored me to tears that.  Wasted most of the film on a pointless love story.

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Since gay-themed cinema seems to be all the rage in this thread right now, have you not seen A Single Man? He's excellent in that.

Candyman (2021)

Hooked me in with it's sweet interpretation. Not quite a mirror of the original but it's within a wasp's sting. 6.5/10.

On 26/03/2022 at 22:43, Gooch said:

Turning red - This was really great, best Pixar film I've seen in a long time. Would highly recommend. One of those I think anyone can get something out of it.

It is excellent. Apparently, a lot of people complained that it wasn't relatable because the main character was a Canadian-Chinese girl (rather than, y'know, she turns into a giant red panda!)

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A bit late, but I watched Knives Out recently - a proper Agatha Christie style murder mystery, excellently executed by all concerned.

I've just seen that this is on Film 4 on Monday. If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth a look.

Last Night in Soho. Not what I expected at all, very good mixture of genres that works very well. Helped by having the beauty Anya-Taylor Joy plus the unheard of Thomasin McKenzie. 7.5/10

Anya-Taylor-Joy-Thomasin-McKenzie-attend-Last-Night-in-Soho-premiere_upi_th_lg.jpg

36 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Last Night in Soho. Not what I expected at all, very good mixture of genres that works very well. Helped by having the beauty Anya-Taylor Joy plus the unheard of Thomasin McKenzie. 7.5/10

Anya-Taylor-Joy-Thomasin-McKenzie-attend-Last-Night-in-Soho-premiere_upi_th_lg.jpg

Where would one find this gem ?