You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Nightmare Alley - Very, very slow.

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows Parts 1 & 2 - My 6 year old daughter loves Harry Potter so I promised to watch them with her. They are both completely shite. I don’t get why it’s so popular. 

I watched all the Potter films with my 8 year old. I thought the earlier ones were quite dated. I never understood why Harry was the chosen one when he barely did any decent magic.

I quite liked the Deathly hallows films - particularly because of Emma Watson's cleavage.

Also, it was apparent that Helena Bonham Carter should have had her own films as Bellatrix, she was great. 

I'd give them 7.89/10.

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

The Man With Two Brains will never not be absolutely side splitting either. 

You could have a Steve Martin comedy week and have an absolute ball. One of the greatest mysteries is how he went from films like these to Father of the Bride.

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You could have a Steve Martin comedy week and have an absolute ball. One of the greatest mysteries is how he went from films like these to Father of the Bride.

Still one of my all time favourite movie scenes

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

32 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Impressive that it lasted the extra two minutes to still be one of your favourite scenes.

38 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Flee 10/10

Quite brillaint film making.

A man's journey fleeing the Taliban in Afghanistan and the various stages on that journey all told through news reports and cartoon renderings.

It's stunning.

@Carvalho Diablo If you've not seen it already it's right up your street.

Thanks Bruce, saved that to my watchlist.

The still looks very similar to the graphic from Waltz With Bashir, if it's similar to that then I'm really looking forward to it already.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's better than Waltz and Persepolis, it's brilliant.

Just finished watching Flee and thanks Bruce, loved it.

Heartbreaking and uplifting in equal measure; goodness and decency, endurance and resolve fight on against oppression and cruelty. If ever I was a refugee I would hope to be greeted with warmth and compassion, there but for the grace of God etc.

I've been having a whinge recently at some of the films I've watched not justifying their lengthy run times, Flee is the opposite, at 90 minutes I felt it was maybe 20 minutes too short...SPOILER...and felt a bit let down that the resolution with his Ma and elder brother was only explained in a single sentence in the post film credits. The film loses a point for that.

Interesting also that 2 of the executive producers of Flee were actors Riz Ahmed and Nikolai Jamie Lannister. Much respect to those lads.

This film serves as a huge Fuck You to Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson and tin pot little Hitlers everywhere. Loved it.

9/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

• Upvote 2

On 25/01/2022 at 20:24, Carvalho Diablo said:

Belfast

Been wanting to watch this film about a young kid growing up during The Troubles. Got to say though, what an odd film.

First things first, Belfast looks incredible. Shot in 8k and black and white, I watched on my 4k telly and the look of the film was striking throughout.

Van Morrison does the soundtrack but in the context of this film it didn't sit at all well imo.

Is Kenneth Branagh from Northern Ireland or something? He produces and directs and mostly misses the mark. A strange choice to realise this film, especially if he has no first hand knowledge.

The acting, again, very very hit and miss. The young lad, the dad, most of the supporting cast, and Judy fucking Dench are mostly appalling. As unconvincing and alien as Dench's laughable accent.

Cairan Hinds is excellent though and even some of the poor performers (the mammy and Dench), even they have some good scenes.

My biggest gripe though is apparent right from the start; when was La La Land ever based in 70s Belfast?

Inappropriate and extremely confused and contrived sweeping sequences of happy bustling streets and choreography just totally undermines the entire film, from the very start.

Extremely disjointed, tbh Belfast came across as a Branagh vanity project, although the end was stronger than the start.

Extremely curious to see what you guys think if it.

5.5/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

Was going to watch this as there are similarities to my childhood but reading this and others here, I don't think i'll bother.

10 hours ago, A Red said:

Is Kenneth Branagh from Northern Ireland or something? 

I haven’t yet seen it but he was born in Belfast. The film is supposedly semi autobiographical.

It’s had mostly good reviews, other than yours. I’ll get to it at some point. 

Oops, replied to the wrong person. 

Edited by YorkshireRed