You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The Upside :  Bryan Cranston , Kevin Hart and Nicole Kidman. ex-con gets a job looking after a quadriplegic billionaire who has lost his will to live. A bit cliched but very funny in parts and Cranston is excellent. 8/10..

That sounds like a rip off of the French film The Intouchables.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I haven't seen any ratings on 'Love & Monsters' on here. I might be wrong though. I'm watching again tonight, first viewing was a comfortable 7/10. Funny disaster movie along the lines of Zombieland.

Yeah, I rated that when it came out on  Netflix, can't remember what score I gave but definitely at least 7 as I remember enjoying it.

Speaking of remakes, and against my better judgement I've just watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife and enjoyed it.

Reminiscent of the original and of fun films like Goonies and of Stranger Things.

Not really sure who this is aimed at however, very saccharin, very woke but still fun.

6.5/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

IMG_20220108_194308_127.jpg

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

V for vendetta. Life under a fascist government in the Uk. It’s a bit odd, great cast (john hurt, Stephen fry, that bloke is the minister on the thick of it) but the plot is very contrived and it’s very far fetched in parts. 3/10

Any thoughts on Nathalie Portman’s English accent?

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

V for vendetta. Life under a fascist government in the Uk. It’s a bit odd, great cast (john hurt, Stephen fry, that bloke is the minister on the thick of it) but the plot is very contrived and it’s very far fetched in parts. 3/10

Agreed. It's a terrible film.

Heat: Definitive cut (or whatever it's called)

Hot take incoming, it's starting to show its age and creak a bit. Stuff I'd never really paid much heed pops out and looks a bit comical - Pacino's dyed eyebrows up close, the overly baggy '90s suits, a finale that involved two flat-footed middle aged men running, a midget beating up Henry Rollins.

Still a fantastic police/crime procedural, great synth score, but that three hour run time is starting to seem too long.

6 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I remember enjoying it when watching it but it seems a long time ago now.