You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Dune

Saw it last week and am still thinking about it

Immense, epic

Loved the cinematography and the music and thought they did a pretty good job with the dialogue

Heard some people going on about how shit it was on the way out... it's not for everybody

Dune - 8/10. Looks incredible (we saw it on an IMAX screen), brilliantly cast (Timothy Chalomet is perfect as Paul)  and whets the appetite perfectly for the now confirmed part two. It’s not a thrill-a-minute blockbuster, but it’s still superb. Ultimately though, final judgement will depend on how the story is completed in the next one. 

Had a movie night with my youngest last night, we pick a film each.

I picked The Prestige, of course I've seen it before but I knew he hadn't. It's a great film and I would give it 8/10 which is slightly less than I would have rated ok a first watch, for me it's not a film that stands up on repeat viewing. My son really liked it although at the beginning I had to tell him that Batman, Wolverine and Black Widow were in it.

His pick was Bloodshot. I watch a lot of films and this could be the worst one I have ever watched from start to finish. If a film is bad or boring I usually switch off but as this was "movie night" and he picked it, I sat through, ironically he left with about half an hour to the end to go an play Fifa and I finished it almost due to disbelief, fuck me it's horrendous.

I'm offended at how bad this was, I do remember seeing a trailer ages ago and this looked like it would be an 18 rated film along the lines of Upgrade, or going further back Universal Soldier so was surprised to see it was 12 rated. It is an absolute mess which leads me to think they may edited it heavily to get the lower rating and to target a younger audience, I also think they blew most of their budget on getting Vin Diesel and Guy Pearce and then dragged people off the street to fill the other roles, if you think the English speaking actors in Squid Game were bad, some of the acting in this makes the SG actors look like they were channeling their inner Daniel Day-Lewis. This film has no redeeming features, it's truly appalling, you have been warned. I'm not giving it a rating, it was that fucking shit.

I've told my son that next time I'm picking twice.

• Like 1

Army of Thieves - 6/10.

Prequel to Army of the Dead. Watchable and reasonably entertaining and amusing. Best bits are Nathalie Emmanuel, Nathalie Emmanuel, and Matthias Schweighöfer (who is a very likeable actor). And did I mention Nathalie Emmanuel?

8 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Went to the imax in york tonight to see Dune and thought it was ace. Loved it. cant wait to see part two, is that out next week or the week after?

Could be out by the end of 2023.

The Little Things. Not seen much on this, enjoyable crime thriller romp with an all star cast. Not as good as Se7en (9.5/10) but similar premise. I'd give it 7.5/10.

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Supersonic 

You can tell a film is great when you can watch it over again.Obvs helps if you are a fan.

Wtf happened to noel as he comes across sound in this and liam seems to be a tit(seems the other way round now)

The talk tonight story is great

8/10

Brilliant isn’t it. Can’t believe how much old footage they’ve got of them 

Maniac 2/4

Elijah Wood cast against type as a serial killer of beautiful young women in a stylish but shallow remake of the notorious 1980 slasher movie. Not really sure what it's all supposed to mean, and the first person perspective makes it look like an exceptionally bloody episode of Peep Show (boy, does it earn that 18 rating).

The Mrs suggested (as she does annually) that we watch a "scary" film on Saturday night as it was Halloween the next day. We plumped for the original "Halloween". What a load of boring nonsense. How does he learn to drive a car after being incarcerated as a small boy? And the Donald Pleasence character was laughably bad, hanging around in bushes and acting weird in front of kids. I know this is considered a classic of it's time, but it's time definitely is in 1978 and not 2021. Woeful stuff. 3/10.  

32 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The Mrs suggested (as she does annually) that we watch a "scary" film on Saturday night as it was Halloween the next day. We plumped for the original "Halloween". What a load of boring nonsense. How does he learn to drive a car after being incarcerated as a small boy? And the Donald Pleasence character was laughably bad, hanging around in bushes and acting weird in front of kids. I know this is considered a classic of it's time, but it's time definitely is in 1978 and not 2021. Woeful stuff. 3/10.  

Probably got driving lessons with his Captain Kirk mask before wearing it as a serial killer. (the mask is a face mould of captain kirk of the TV series)