Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

Recommended Posts

The murder of Stephen Lawrence.

 

More factual than dramatic than the recent drama.

It's still jaw dropping the levels of incompetence the met got upto.

There are clear parallels between what the family want through(what was he doing there?)and the families of the 96.

The family essentially tried to get justice on their own whilst  the people paid to protect us,were too busy covering up their mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

The murder of Stephen Lawrence.

 

More factual than dramatic than the recent drama.

It's still jaw dropping the levels of incompetence the met got upto.

There are clear parallels between what the family want through(what was he doing there?)and the families of the 96.

The family essentially tried to get justice on their own whilst  the people paid to protect us,were too busy covering up their mistakes.

Is that the one from about 1999 with the fella from Rise of the Footsoldier in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is that the one from about 1999 with the fella from Rise of the Footsoldier in? 

Yeah mate it's on the ITV hub.

Another that shit it's good film!Carlton?yeah he plays one of the lads ,but it doesnt really focus on them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I've been listening to The Rewatchables podcast a lot, and yesterday listened to the Goodfellas one, brilliant, so last night I put the movie on and watched it again.  Brilliant.  

 

One thing bugs me still... In the film Jimmy (De Niro) meets Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) when Henry is a teenager, and Jimmy is supposed to be a 20 something.  Jimmy then introduced Henry to Tommy (Pesci) who is supposed to be a similar age, two young men starting to do bits for him. 

 

But when we move to present day in the film, Liotta looks like he's early 30's, Pesci looks like he's late forties, and De Niro looks the same as he did before.  

 

In real life Pesci and De Niro are the same fucking age.  

 

Nit-picky I know, but cmon...

Sean Penn was close to being Henry Hill.  Well....he would have been equally brilliant, perhaps better, I dunno. 

 

Fucko. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Sean Penn was close to being Henry Hill.  Well....he would have been equally brilliant, perhaps better, I dunno. 

 

Fucko. 

Michael Madsen was nearly Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction. It wouldn't have worked as well. 

 

tumblr_o2e8m0PSiN1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Michael Madsen was nearly Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction. It wouldn't have worked as well. 

 

tumblr_o2e8m0PSiN1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

 

 

Totally disagree. Travolta is a shite actor but with a script that good even Les Dennis would have been great in the part.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Totally disagree. Travolta is a shite actor but with a script that good even Les Dennis would have been great in the part.

Bullshit mate. He owned that role and nobody would have been close. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Bullshit mate. He owned that role and nobody would have been close. 

Travolta was great there, Madsen would have struggled to bring the audience along with him.  You needed the audience to give a fuck about the happiness of that character.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cry Macho

 

A typically beautiful and wonderful sounding Malpaso production with plot holes bigger than the Rio Bravo Canyon.

 

Mr Eastwood stars in this road movie / buddy movie and if you can suspend your disbelief there's much to enjoy here, but I watched in the knowledge that this could be Clint's final bow.

 

Wonderful, melancholy, sadly underwhelming.

 

6/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Travolta was great there, Madsen would have struggled to bring the audience along with him.  You needed the audience to give a fuck about the happiness of that character.  

He was cool as fuck in it. Possibly one of the coolest film characters of all time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malignant - 5/10. One from James Wan stable. Feels like an update of a certain 80s horror movie which I won’t name because it would give the basic premise away. Not in the least bit scary. Has a few decent ideas but beyond that…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help 10/10

 

Jodie Comer is just superb. Very powerful, superb cast. It just makes me more and more angry at the tory lies, the mis-management, the lack of compassion for human life and the utter dickheads who played down covid even when people were dying in their hundreds daily in this country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Peanut Butter Falcon

 

Almost enough for me to forgive Shia LeBeouf for the terrible fourth Indiana Jones film.  Also Dakota Johnson has a bit of a funny fat face and in real life she's probably a pain in the arse, but I find her to be sexy as hell.  Have obviously not watched the 50 shades of grey film, but I bet she looks good naked.

Anyway this is a nice little film, even if it does flub the ending a little bit. 

 

7.5 / 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2021 at 21:50, Bjornebye said:

Michael Madsen was nearly Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction. It wouldn't have worked as well. 

 

tumblr_o2e8m0PSiN1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

 

 

So it would have meant Vic and Vincent Vega being twins then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shot Caller - Netflix

 

Brutal crime thriller with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaimie Lannister - Game Of Thrones) and Omari Hardwick (Ghost - Power)

 

Regular family man accidently kills his mate in a car crash while over the limit. Gets sent down then mixed up with gangsters. Surprisingly unpredictable ending, well worth a watch. 7/10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zone 414 - 3/10. Low budget, boring, Blade Runner rip off, in which Travis Fimmel manages to take the art of overacting to an entirely new level. Almost an achievement in itself, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lockout - Massively underrated Sci-Fi action film, comes in at a nice easy 90 minutes (most films should), Guy Pearce saves Maggie Grace from Space Prison after it's taken over by the inmates - 8/10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Nobody - 7/10

 

Exactly what it says on the tin. Great over the top action and Bob Odenkirk is ace, like usual.

What, no-ones in it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×