You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

3 hours ago, stringvest said:

The Vanishing.  it was on the other night.  Managed to capture both the oppression and isolation endured by the lighthouse keeping crew.  The changing interpersonal dynamic was fascinating, and then the story itself was great, as was the acting. 8.5/10

Agreed. I watched it the other night too, purely on the basis that Peter Mullan was in it, great actor.

Kajillionaire.

For some reason, before watching, I had the impression it was not a well received film but I watched it anyway because of the cast.

Anyway I loved every minute and was questioning myself, but then I read some reviews afterwards to discover it was mostly very well received with some great reviews.

Different, very different.  

Probably an 8/10 from me.

Is it worse than Predators with Aiden Brody a truly fucking horrifically dogshit actor whose awful performance I thought couldn't be topped until I saw him in Peaky Blinders and thought his shitness excelled even further. Like Tom Hardy with the odd acceptable performance and an absolute shit list of sheer corny crap acting.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is it worse than Predators with Aiden Brody a truly fucking horrifically dogshit actor whose awful performance I thought couldn't be topped until I saw him in Peaky Blinders and thought his shitness excelled even further. Like Tom Hardy with the odd acceptable performance and an absolute shit list of sheer corny crap acting.

It makes Predators look like the greatest sci fi film ever made. 

News of the World. 8/10

No sex, no swearing, cowboy violence so not normally my thing. Just Tom Hanks doing what Tom does.

I would pay a nickel to listen to him read the news. Bit slow at times.

Way of the Dragon. 7/10

Phoney acting/script/dubbing, but Bruce Lee kicking every cunt, shithouses or not. Took me back to the seventies when he was the real deal.

A master craftsman.

Valkyrie (2008)

Tom Cruise tries to kill Hitler who is portrayed at a Darth Vader type character. 

Again, looked spot on but found it a little underwhelming. And I like Tom Cruise, but didn't think he was right for this role. Plus, the accents were all over the shop.

6/10.

MV5BMTM5MTI2MTMyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk5Mjc3NA@@._V1_.jpg

Sexy Beast (2000)

image.png

Remember the first time I saw this, don't think I've ever been so tense watching a film. Still brilliant.

9/10.

People say, "Don't you miss it, Gal?" I say, "What, England? Nah. Fucking place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a shit hole. What a toilet. Every cunt with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me." They say, "What's it like, then, Spain?" And I'll say, "It's hot. Hot. Oh, it's fucking hot. Too hot? Not for me, I love it."

donlogan.jpg

• Upvote 1

Black Widow. 

I was really enjoying the more stripped back Marvel attempt at a Bourne film, but the ending turned into usual OTT Marvel ended with something huge crashing from the sky. 

I was still good, I enjoyed it, but would have preferred a more grounded ending - no pun intended. 

Florence Pugh was very good. I love her. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Ha ha. Much prefer full on violence/sex/swearing but Tom is ok.

I always like film ratings “May Contain….”.

Tell me if it does or not so I can decide if it’s worth watching. 

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I always like film ratings “May Contain….”.

Tell me if it does or not so I can decide if it’s worth watching. 

Me too mate.

Everything on Netflix contains everything, when it clearly doesn't.

Always liked anything on HBO or Starz for all your manly watch alone having a few drinks.

Black Widow. 

load of shite. 50 minutes in and turned it off. All that happens is they’re on the run and black clad robots with red lasers on the guns are following them everywhere they go. 

you’ve seen these scenes in all the other captain America films etc

34 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Black Widow. 

load of shite. 50 minutes in and turned it off. All that happens is they’re on the run and black clad robots with red lasers on the guns are following them everywhere they go. 

you’ve seen these scenes in all the other captain America films etc

I thought you were watching the Theresa Russell film from 1987. That one was decent.

• Upvote 1

King Of New York - 7/10

First time I've watched this. It's a peculiar movie, great cast but a bit all over the place in terms of story and the action is very over the top. It's good fun though.

Walken is such a unique actor, a true one off. Good to see a young Gus Frings in the cast as well, alongside Laurence Fishbourne and Wesley Snipes.

It lacks that cutting edge to be a great movie but I've seen far worse.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Elite said:

King Of New York - 7/10

First time I've watched this. It's a peculiar movie, great cast but a bit all over the place in terms of story and the action is very over the top. It's good fun though.

Walken is such a unique actor, a true one off. Good to see a young Gus Frings in the cast as well, alongside Laurence Fishbourne and Wesley Snipes.

It lacks that cutting edge to be a great movie but I've seen far worse.

Decent isn't it. I know what you mean about lacking that 'umph' but still a boss film. Walken is ace 

On 15/07/2021 at 14:02, johnsusername said:

Valkyrie (2008)

Tom Cruise tries to kill Hitler who is portrayed at a Darth Vader type character. 

Again, looked spot on but found it a little underwhelming. And I like Tom Cruise, but didn't think he was right for this role. Plus, the accents were all over the shop.

6/10.

MV5BMTM5MTI2MTMyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk5Mjc3NA@@._V1_.jpg

Just goes to shows how reviews and opinions differ, I thought that was one of Cruise's better films.