You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Lucky

Cracking little film starring the brilliant Harry Dean Stanton as a solitary man coming to terms with his advanced age and his fear of death.

Sounds like a laugh a minute eh but lots to warm the heart in this charming film.

Great supporting cast and soundtrack.

8/10

The Captain

Watched this purely because of the reviews on here, can't say I enjoyed it but it was an excellent, very interesting film.

During the middle of the film, certain scenes within the camp, my face must've echoed that of the long suffering Freytag.

Some truly revolting scenes rubbing shoulders with some jet black comedy, and I'm still far from certain how successful that was.

7.5/10

Our Towns - 8/10. HBO Documentary/Film about how some small towns in America have brought themselves back from rock bottom but how some may now become the victim of their own success. A quiet study in community and how it can make a difference. I’d love to live for a couple of years in Eastport in Maine, or Bend in Oregon, just for the experience. It’s a shame it ends just as the pandemic hits as it would be interesting to see what affect it’s had.

8 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Le Mans

I'm not a motorhead, I thought this would be tough going, but it's really quite a decent watch.  Nobody's getting an academy nod but an interesting yarn about Ford Vs Ferrari, and drivey vroom vroom cars, and swarthy Italian blokes Vs cowboys and Brummies.  

7/10

The film was up for Best Picture. Pretty sure Bale was up for Best Supporting Actor.

I really enjoyed the film. It’d have been better had it remained being called Ford v Ferrari.

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The film was up for Best Picture. Pretty sure Bale was up for Best Supporting Actor.

I really enjoyed the film. It’d have been better had it remained being called Ford v Ferrari.

Havent they already had a film named Le Mans from years ago? Grand Prix from 1966 is still the best Motor Racing film I've seen and I have no interest in the sport at all.

44 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Havent they already had a film named Le Mans from years ago? Grand Prix from 1966 is still the best Motor Racing film I've seen and I have no interest in the sport at all.

Errrrrr Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Mortal Kombat.

Nonsense story, weak script, dreadful acting... but strangely enjoyable in a completely crap way.

Yes proper shite movie. Watched it yesterday and just thought it was shit throughout. 

Its up there with power rangers 2017 shite in that the ending leaves it open for a sequal but you know its never going to happen cos this films just shote and going to bomb. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Mortal Kombat.

Nonsense story, weak script, dreadful acting... but strangely enjoyable in a completely crap way.

I cant stand these films but after watching the trailer I want to watch this. 

Used to play this against my Mrs on the PS1 when we’d get home from a night out, but we had to stop once I learned how to do scorpions get over here move cos I spoil everything.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, scottthecanuck said:

Recently saw The Battered Bastards of Baseball. Doc on Netflix about the last independent baseball team in the US. Great story even if you have no interest in baseball, classic anti-establishment yarn.

Yep. Saw that a while back. Twas very good

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

I cant stand these films but after watching the trailer I want to watch this. 

Used to play this against my Mrs on the PS1 when we’d get home from a night out, but we had to stop once I learned how to do scorpions get over here move cos I spoil everything.  

Strange alternative to sex.

4 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Yes proper shite movie. Watched it yesterday and just thought it was shit throughout. 

Its up there with power rangers 2017 shite in that the ending leaves it open for a sequal but you know its never going to happen cos this films just shote and going to bomb. 

It’s a bad film. But it’s bad in a good way. Accept its going to be shit with a couple of hilarious deaths and that’s what you get. 

The whole set up of it is obviously nonsense but you’re really only watching it to see somebody have their spine ripped out. The games stories are hardly Metal Gear Solid. 

Like Mega Shark V Giant Octopus or whatever, it’ll find its niche in that sort of category. 

I can’t say I enjoyed it, I knew it was shite. But I wasn’t bored by it, if that makes sense.

Mortal Kombat. 3/10. Unimaginative fight sequences and complete lack of meaningful character development or backstory. I just don’t see how you can tell any sort of story with this many characters in a 1hr45m film. It would probably work better as a mini series do that you could let it breathe. There’s clearly some major beef between Scorpion’s and Sun Zero’s clans (they spend enough time on it at the beginning while telling us virtually nothing) but we never get to find out what, why, or why Sub Zero speaks Chinese. Who are the gods referred to. What is their relationship to the tournament. What’s the beef between Earth and Outworld. None of it is explained. Fine if you are a fan of the game and know the backstory, but you’re not carrying a general audience with you. It would be one point but the other three are for the amusing garden gnome revenge and death by circular saw hat.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Mortal Kombat. 3/10. Unimaginative fight sequences and complete lack of meaningful character development or backstory. I just don’t see how you can tell any sort of story with this many characters in a 1hr45m film. It would probably work better as a mini series do that you could let it breathe. There’s clearly some major beef between Scorpion’s and Sun Zero’s clans (they spend enough time on it at the beginning while telling us virtually nothing) but we never get to find out what, why, or why Sub Zero speaks Chinese. Who are the gods referred to. What is their relationship to the tournament. What’s the beef between Earth and Outworld. None of it is explained. Fine if you are a fan of the game and know the backstory, but you’re not carrying a general audience with you. It would be one point but the other three are for the amusing garden gnome revenge and death by circular saw hat.

Is Sub Zero Chinese? Just a guess but if so that might be why. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is Sub Zero Chinese? Just a guess but if so that might be why. 

Possibly, but there’s no explanation and he switches between Chinese and Japanese. Clans are mentioned by name but not why one wants to wipe out the other. For the casual viewer you’re just annoying them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Possibly, but there’s no explanation and he switches between Chinese and Japanese. Clans are mentioned by name but not why one wants to wipe out the other. For the casual viewer you’re just annoying them.

What were you expecting?