You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Father - Anthony Hopkins plays the lead and central figure - an elderly father of two daughters, as his age has progressed so has his poor mental health.

A million miles away from a happy film, although it is quite amusing in a "did he really say that?" kind of way. Hopkins delivers a tour de force in his best performance since Hannibal Lecter. It's experienced almost like a play on screen.

A tough one to watch but well worth gritting through, I believe it's a remake of or tribute to a French film called Amour.

*Barefoot In The Park* Classic 60s.

Starring Jane Fonda and Robert Redford. Great support from Charles Boyer. 

Found myself consistently chuckling through this and sometimes laughing wholeheartedly. Redford has good comedic delivery, Fonda is not only drop dead gorgeous and highly fuckable but very very clever at conjuring up her character.

Solid 8/10

• Upvote 1

Sound of metal, fortunate to have watched two films that although far from happy or exciting,  tell very emotional stories. This one centres on a drummer in a metal band who suddenly and rapidly notices his hearing deteriorate. Incredible performance by Riz Ahmed. 8.5/10.

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sound of metal, fortunate to have watched two films that although far from happy or exciting,  tell very emotional stories. This one centres on a drummer in a metal band who suddenly and rapidly notices his hearing deteriorate. Incredible performance by Riz Ahmed. 8.5/10.

Where did you watch this?

I looked the other day & it said it was due on Prime on 12th April.

3 hours ago, Mook said:

Where did you watch this?

I looked the other day & it said it was due on Prime on 12th April.

I drove a Delorean to 88mph.

(I watched it on a TV/Movie service I sub to which puts all paid services together)

The Social Dilemma. 10/10. Just reaffirms to me that the day I finish my job will be the day I divest myself of any contact with social media and any work email save for this forum. I’m going to make sure that my brother sits my nieces down to watch it as well.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Paul said:

Jackie Brown - 9/10. Far more enjoyable than I recall (think I’ve only ever seen it once before and that was on release at the pictures) and Pam Grier is incredible. In every way. 

It's an underrated Tarantino film. I've watched it many times and it never disappoints, it only gets better. I'm not sure Pam Grier is a very good singer (I'm sure she sang one of the songs on the soundtrack) but she absolutely shines alongside the ensemble cast.

Judas and the Black Messiah - exceptionally well made biopic detailing the FBI's infiltration of the Black Panthers. Powerful, moving, and still, sadly, all too relevant today. Genuinely struggling to find something I could criticise, so it's a full 10/10.

Godzilla vs. Kong - a crime against cinema and everyone involved should be sent to the Hague.

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

The Social Dilemma. 10/10. Just reaffirms to me that the day I finish my job will be the day I divest myself of any contact with social media and any work email save for this forum. I’m going to make sure that my brother sits my nieces down to watch it as well.

Call this a companion piece on race, even more disturbing.

I've been waiting for this to come out forever and it keeps getting put back.

https://goldmovies.to/watch/ExoWscTk/coded-bias-2021/T2j7PjEnHT/online-for-free.html

Great doc.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Castaway 

I’d never actually watched it all before. Hanks is the greatest I reckon. Wilson is superb as well. 9/10

Hanks is up there with the greatest rises of all time. I think he started in a filthy teen comedy, like the ones John Belushi was in. 

Re-watched The Omen trilogy over the last week. 

The Omen - a brilliant, tense, original horror/thriller that builds up the pace gradually until it's incredible climax. The kid is deeply unsettling as well -  9/10  

Damien Omen 2 -  a pretty run of the mill, predictable sequel.  Never quite got my head around why Satan would bump people off in such ludicrous ways (the doctor in the lift, the fella under the ice etc) when a bogstandard heart attack would suffice. He's just a massive show off.  5.5/10   

The Final Conflict -  I'd forgotten almost everything about this and it was a pleasant surprise, Sam Neill hamming it up as the grown up antiChrist trying to foil a bunch of murderous monks out to end him. The only real letdown was the end - a massive anti-climax after all the shenanigans of the  preceding 4.5 hours of people trying to kill him.   7/10           

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Been watching Zak Snyder's Justice League for about the past 36 hours and still waiting for something to happen, will keep you posted. 

Have you tried pressing play? 

On 05/04/2021 at 11:02, Chip Butty said:

Godzilla V's Kong.

Watchable shite.

4.75/10

I watched the first half of it last night. I agree with this assessment. 

Turn your brain off before pressing play, you won't be needing it for the next 2 hours.

Kong vs Godzilla seems to be getting a positive reaction on rotten tomatoes. Not sure if that reflects on the film or the website. Maybe it's people are happy to have anything at all. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Kong vs Godzilla seems to be getting a positive reaction on rotten tomatoes. Not sure if that reflects on the film or the website. Maybe it's people are happy to have anything at all. 

Yeah I imagine this is your standard Rotten Tomatoes critic

hqdefault.jpg