Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

Recommended Posts

Skin, true story about a guy that leaves a neo Nazi group in the States, pretty grim as you'd imagine Jamie Bell is excellent in it. 7/10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free Solo - 9/10. Think I’ve knocked a mark off this since the last time I watched it because it inevitably loses something once you’ve seen it before. However, it remains a compelling insight into a truly unique individual. The climb itself remains unbearably tense, even when you know the outcome. When he tackles The Boulder Problem, it’s almost unwatchable. The mouthed, “Fuck yeah!” down the lens of the camera once he’s through is euphoric though. A great film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Godzilla v Kong

 

Shit. Not in an amusing so shit its good way. Just shit in a its shit way.

 

CGI is dodgy. Acting non-existent. Plot...fuck off.

 

You cannot even enjoy this in a turn of your brain and enjoy the ride kind of a way because even at that its shit

 

0/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Paul said:

Free Solo - 9/10. Think I’ve knocked a mark off this since the last time I watched it because it inevitably loses something once you’ve seen it before. However, it remains a compelling insight into a truly unique individual. The climb itself remains unbearably tense, even when you know the outcome. When he tackles The Boulder Problem, it’s almost unwatchable. The mouthed, “Fuck yeah!” down the lens of the camera once he’s through is euphoric though. A great film. 

Have you seen The Dawn Wall or The White Spider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, redheart said:

Godzilla v Kong

 

Shit. Not in an amusing so shit its good way. Just shit in a its shit way.

 

CGI is dodgy. Acting non-existent. Plot...fuck off.

 

You cannot even enjoy this in a turn of your brain and enjoy the ride kind of a way because even at that its shit

 

0/10

What sort of plot were you expecting mate? You sound like Fowlers God when he came on here after seeing Jurassic World at the cinema and moaned about the plot. 

 

But i'm glad you've given it a 0/10 because she said she fancied watching it over the weekend. Fuck that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redheart said:

Godzilla v Kong

 

Shit. Not in an amusing so shit its good way. Just shit in a its shit way.

 

CGI is dodgy. Acting non-existent. Plot...fuck off.

 

You cannot even enjoy this in a turn of your brain and enjoy the ride kind of a way because even at that its shit

 

0/10

Nah I enjoyed it as I didn't expect anything another than a CGI fest for two hours.

 

its not great, it just is what it is. A brainless movie that's heavenly geared towards Godzilla and King Kong fighting each other and others with a wafer thin plot and characters.

 

I did laugh a lot around the middle of the movie though as it was even dafter in the middle world bits. Probably wont watch it again though. I'd watch King of The Monsters and the first Godzilla again, mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Have you seen The Dawn Wall or The White Spider?

Yes to the former. What’s The White Spider about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Godzilla vs Kong. 6/10. Does what it says on the tin but overall feels like a Kong film in which Godzilla is the guest star. If you like watching giant monsters pummel each other and other people’s property then it’ll pass a couple of hours without you having to engage your brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sentinelle. 6.5/10. French action thriller in the Haywire vein with Okga Kurylenko on arse-kicking duty as a French soldier who’s sister is raped, beaten and left for dead. Limited plot with some decent realistic action including a nicely inventive spine snapping.

 

Nest of Vampires. 0/10. Low budget British film with acting so bad it makes your local amateur dramatic society players look like Oscar winners. I got ten minutes in and had to jib it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nest of Vampires. 0/10. Low budget British film with acting so bad it makes your local amateur dramatic society players look like Oscar winners. I got ten minutes in and had to jib it.

@rb14 said it gets good after about 15 minutes then he jibbed it in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A treacherous ascent of the Eiger. Another brilliant climbing film.

Are you sure you’ve got the name right? I can’t find any trace of it on IMDb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAS: Red Notice - 1/10. Given some of the actors attached to this - Tom Wilkinson, Andy Serkis and Noel Clarke - you’d expect much, much better. But it’s shit. Wrapped in a roll of shit. And dipped in liquid shit. But just about better than Nest Of Vampires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Anubis said:

SAS: Red Notice - 1/10. Given some of the actors attached to this - Tom Wilkinson, Andy Serkis and Noel Clarke - you’d expect much, much better. But it’s shit. Wrapped in a roll of shit. And dipped in liquid shit. But just about better than Nest Of Vampires.

Did you finish it? I gave up after about 25 minutes. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Paul said:

Did you finish it? I gave up after about 25 minutes. 

I’d had a couple of drinks and just sat there, staring at it. I really should have gone to bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Paul said:

Are you sure you’ve got the name right? I can’t find any trace of it on IMDb. 

Not sure I have tbh Paul, it's been a while. Brilliant documentary though, about the deathly "White Spider" ascent route on the north face of the Eiger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Anubis said:

SAS: Red Notice - 1/10. Given some of the actors attached to this - Tom Wilkinson, Andy Serkis and Noel Clarke - you’d expect much, much better. But it’s shit. Wrapped in a roll of shit. And dipped in liquid shit. But just about better than Nest Of Vampires.

 

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Did you finish it? I gave up after about 25 minutes. 

Yep not one to fuck things off so soon but I RB'd that shit after about half an hour. Utter shite. Watch Ultimate Force, now thats decent. 

 

Le Mans 66 - 9/10 

 

Brilliant. Just fucking brilliant. Christian Bale is some actor. Might watch it again later. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Not sure I have tbh Paul, it's been a while. Brilliant documentary though, about the deathly "White Spider" ascent route on the north face of the Eiger.

Maybe this one?

 

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/beckoning-silence/

 

Or this?

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tlwj3

 

Both sound really good.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

 

 

 

Le Mans 66 - 9/10 

 

Brilliant. Just fucking brilliant. Christian Bale is some actor. Might watch it again later. 

Yeah it's sensational.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Is that Ford vs Ferrari? Why the name change?

I might be wrong but one of the companies contested the version of events and insisted their name was removed. 

 

Edit: nope this is wrong, to do with using brand names which is not allowed in the UK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×