You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

On 08/03/2021 at 12:38, Total Longo said:

Where can i locate this film?

On 08/03/2021 at 17:52, Paul said:

Just checked the Just Watch app and it’s on Prime apparently. 

Watched this again last night free on Amazon prime, (Dark Blue) I'd seen it years ago and thought it was great and on second viewing my opinion hasn't changed. 

Kurt Russell film set in the days leading up to the LA Riots when the 4 cops got acquitted for beating Rodney King up. He is a cop in a very corrupt and dirty police force. It's even got the sleazy saxophone music in it like the best cop movies even though it came out in 2002. Also starring Ving Rhames and Brendan Gleeson. 8/10. 

Watched Bridge of Spies last night, I'd kind of half watched it with someone ages ago when I wasn't really paying attention.

Really enjoyed it, solid 7/10 for me. Also interesting to see the Russian spy was actually born in Benwell which isn't all that far from where I was born, so it was nice to see a local boy done good. Although it did then make me question what accent the guy playing him was trying to do as it certainly wasn't accurate for up here. 

4 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Watched Bridge of Spies last night, I'd kind of half watched it with someone ages ago when I wasn't really paying attention.

Really enjoyed it, solid 7/10 for me. Also interesting to see the Russian spy was actually born in Benwell which isn't all that far from where I was born, so it was nice to see a local boy done good. Although it did then make me question what accent the guy playing him was trying to do as it certainly wasn't accurate for up here. 

Brilliant film. Has anyone got a better filmography than Hanks? 

I watched a Clint Eastwood film yesterday, about a man in prison on death row whilst 'Dirty Harry' is a journalist convinced he is innocent.

This film should be in the weird films list. Still OK though, 6.5/10.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry film? That was good.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Any film where the protagonist is killed with a harpoon gets a thumbs up from me.

It's a terrible film. The worst "car chase" in cinema history, Liam Neeson's risible cockney accent, the antagonist turns up literally in the last act out of nowhere, Jim Carrey hams it up for about five minutes and Guns n Roses turn up at his funeral. I could watch the first two Dirty Harry films all day, even The Enforcer and Sudden Impact are decent enough in comparison to this twaddle. I think Clint even hinted that he did this solely to finance his Charlie Parker film. 

31 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

It's a terrible film. The worst "car chase" in cinema history, Liam Neeson's risible cockney accent, the antagonist turns up literally in the last act out of nowhere, Jim Carrey hams it up for about five minutes and Guns n Roses turn up at his funeral. I could watch the first two Dirty Harry films all day, even The Enforcer and Sudden Impact are decent enough in comparison to this twaddle. I think Clint even hinted that he did this solely to finance his Charlie Parker film. 

A man's got to know his limitations.