You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

22 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Nighthawks (1981)

Prime Stallone, prime Rutger, prime Lando Calrissian, prime gritty NYC action.

7.5/10 - i've docked half a point for the two times Stallone takes his glasses off in order to help him see things more clearly... 

Great Keith Emerson soundtrack as well.

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

Nighthawks (1981)

Prime Stallone, prime Rutger, prime Lando Calrissian, prime gritty NYC action.

7.5/10 - i've docked half a point for the two times Stallone takes his glasses off in order to help him see things more clearly... 

Have you seen Dark Blue with Kurt Russell? 

Sherlock Holmes goes to Washington. 

Found this by accident when looking for something on Amazon prime.

Sherlock rocks up to Washington in search of a missing MI6 agent carrying secret documents that can change the course of WW2. 

I’m a sucker for these old films and this doesn’t let you down. A lot seems familiar but then you remember when it was made and how much of an influence these films had on movie making over the following decades. 

Anyway, there’s a dearth of boss thrillers with a story to tell nowadays and if I can watch anything without picking up my phone then it’s highly recommended.

8/10 They don’t make em like this anymore

I was tempted to give it an extra point for sherlocks anti establishment haircut

A266800F-B4E2-4128-BD04-769EFCA8D882.jpeg

A4A154D0-720B-43ED-87B0-219A21EA0167.png

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Sherlock rocks up to Washington in search of a missing MI6 agent carrying secret documents that can change the course of WW2. 

I’m a sucker for these old films and this doesn’t let you down. A lot seems familiar but then you remember when it was made and how much of an influence these films had on movie making over the following decades. 

Anyway, there’s a dearth of boss thrillers with a story to tell nowadays and if I can watch anything without picking up my phone then it’s highly recommended.

I was tempted to give it an extra point for sherlocks anti establishment haircut

It looks like his hairline was at war with his forehead.

17 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It looks like his hairline was at war with his forehead.

As someone in a similar situation to Baz, I’m hoping the forum give this hairdo a bit of support so I can carry on his tradition. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

I love the Rathbone/Bruce portrayal of Holmes and Watson although I’m not usually a fan of the the propaganda war one’s that one isn’t too bad

They’re always on TCM, I watched The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes the other day in which Moriarty is planning the crime of the century (when isn’t he ) and is for my money along with The Scarlet Claw their best and is unusually for these films is set in the original late Victorian Period .

• Upvote 1

This is technically a show, as it's six episodes, but go and watch Behind Her Eyes on Netflix.

Do yourself a favour - don't find out anything about it, just go and watch it. It's a slow burner, takes 2-3 episodes to get going but stick with it all the way to the very end because the ending is brilliant. I actually shouted at the screen when the climax of the story resolved in the last episode. Don't think I've ever done that before.

8 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This is technically a show, as it's six episodes, but go and watch Behind Her Eyes on Netflix.

Do yourself a favour - don't find out anything about it, just go and watch it. It's a slow burner, takes 2-3 episodes to get going but stick with it all the way to the very end because the ending is brilliant. I actually shouted at the screen when the climax of the story resolved in the last episode. Don't think I've ever done that before.

I saw the missus watching that the other week and usually that's a good rule of thumb in not watching something.

18 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Every single aspect of this show was bad, just complete and utter drivel.  The sheer shitness of it actually angered me.

36 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is that the one hosted by Richard Hammond?

No, it has loads of guests skits inbetween footage of his life and career, including George Hamilton, his son Robbie Knievel and his business partner Shelly Saltman.

You may be able to watch it free with a VPN set in United States here...

https://www.amazon.com/Being-Evel-Johnny-Knoxville/dp/B0149M41IQ

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

No, it has loads of guests skits inbetween footage of his life and career, including George Hamilton, his son Robbie Knievel and his business partner Shelly Saltman.

You may be able to watch it free with a VPN set in United States here...

https://www.amazon.com/Being-Evel-Johnny-Knoxville/dp/B0149M41IQ

To be fair,and as much as I dislike Hammond,his documentary(BBC made,I think?) wasn't bad at all. It came across as very sad and tragic to me.