Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 1244 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

On 09/01/2021 at 21:21, Bruce Spanner said:

I was in stitches throughout.

Loved it.

Casting Isaacs as a gruff Northern headcase is perfect.

I saw it in the local Odeon. It was alright and pretty funny but quite ruined by a cinema full of Surrey pseudo intellectuals loudly and ostentatiously laughing at every obscure politburo joke. The same people who loudly laugh at Shakespeare comedies. By the end I hated the cunts. 

7 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Wasn't that a TV show?

I refuse to be bound by your bourgeois classifications of threads oppressing free speech. I’m going to start posting about Nabby Keita next being a waste of money next. 
p.s no I’m not. 

On 06/01/2021 at 19:45, Carvalho Diablo said:

I thought it was shite. Didn't laugh once.

As wrong opinions go, that's pretty fucking wrong.

It's not laugh a minute, but it's not meant to be.  It's a black comedy about real-life monsters, so some of the stuff leaves you gaping rather than giggling.  Still, there are plenty of laughs.

Feels Good Man 9/10

Documentary about a cartoonist and his creation Pepe The Frog who gets hijacked by the internet, featuring such crazies as 4chan, Donald Trump and Alex Jones. A mad old tale. Gets an extra point as it features Richard Spencer getting decked. 

Outside The Wire - 4/10. Netflix near-future military schlock which promises so much but delivers so little.

Sicario - 7/10.

Bit of a bonkers movie this one. You assume that Emily Blunt will be the main character but the story revolves mainly around Benicio Del Toro's character (he's really good in it).

I liked it but thought it was a bit muddled in parts.

51 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Sicario - 7/10.

Bit of a bonkers movie this one. You assume that Emily Blunt will be the main character but the story revolves mainly around Benicio Del Toro's character (he's really good in it).

I liked it but thought it was a bit muddled in parts.

One of the few films I've actually loathed. Ridiculous plot holes and story, the only saving grace is the stunning cinematography. After this and the disappointing Blade Runner 2049, Villeneuve better not fuck up Dune.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Crawl 

Kaya Scodolerio  goes to rescue her dad from a Hurricane in Florida. Alligators decide to make life a bit more difficult. Best Gator film I've ever seen. 7/10. 

The Public 

Emilio Estevez stars and directs, Cristian Slater and Alec Baldwin. It's freezing cold in Cincinnati and a load of homeless decide to sleep in the library. Different kind of film and quite heart warming. 7/10. 

Wall Street. Apart from Douglas and Martin Sheen, it's absolute fucking garbage. How the fuck did Sheen get the part for this, absolute cardboard. And that scene crying when he's being marched out of the office, and the way it just stops at the end. Fuck off!! 4/10 

15 hours ago, Mudface said:

One of the few films I've actually loathed. Ridiculous plot holes and story, the only saving grace is the stunning cinematography. After this and the disappointing Blade Runner 2049, Villeneuve better not fuck up Dune.

Negged for being disappointed in Blade Runner 2049 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Negged for being disappointed in Blade Runner 2049 

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY YOUR BULLYBOY TACTICS.

To be honest, I was stoned, but even so I just found it a bit dull, especially compared to the original.

News of The World

Tom Hanks western about an orphaned girl he chances upon.

Great cinematography, Hanks does his gentle and weary thing so well, the little girl is good too.

Really enjoyed this, heartwarming and most welcome.

8/10 4k The Shadow / Kodi

On 17/01/2021 at 11:09, Mudface said:

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY YOUR BULLYBOY TACTICS.

To be honest, I was stoned, but even so I just found it a bit dull, especially compared to the original.

It is, and the original is my favourite movie of all time. 

Spiderman : into the spider verse 8/10

Absolutely jaw dropping animation, just astoundingly good. All i could think about (particularly during the climactic fight scenes) was that i wished i was 20 again so i could experience this whilst tripping. 

Midnight Sky

Against my better judgement I've just watched this. Not especially a sci-fi fan, it wasn't as bad as I feared, just massively boring and the "twist" was completely predictable.

3/10

JFK. 9/10. Epic film, Stone's best film for me. Not seen this since around the time it came out when I would have been about 15/16, it's one of those films that is just never on TV, so great to watch it again after all these years. Some brilliant dialogue, especially the long act from Donald Sutherland when his character gives Jim Garrison a full run down everything that led to the coup d'etat and then the final presentation that Costner, as Garrison gives to the jury in the trial against Clay Shaw.

Great stuff all round.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Donnie Brasco. 8.2/10. If ever a movie needed another hour, it was this one.

I've only ever watched this once so thought I'd look it up to watch it. Amazon has it listed at 2hrs6mins. IMDB lists it at 2hrs7mins. Unless I'm mistaken I watched the version listed as the Extended Cut which was 2hrs27mins. It seemed a lot more graphic than I remember it to be.

Edit: Indeed there is an extended cut...

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4056

14 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Donnie Brasco. 8.2/10. If ever a movie needed another hour, it was this one.

Superb and often overlooked film in that genre. Maybe people don’t see Depp as gritty enough but he’s outstanding in it and Pacino is as usual superb 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb and often overlooked film in that genre. Maybe people don’t see Depp as gritty enough but he’s outstanding in it and Pacino is as usual superb 

Depp was poorly cast but the rest of the cast were mostly excellent. Having read the book a few years before seeing the film Depp is the film's version of Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Depp was poorly cast but the rest of the cast were mostly excellent. Having read the book a few years before seeing the film Depp is the film's version of Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher.

Repped for sheer consistency.

I searched for a Donnie Brasco thread the other day & there were about thirty posts from you criticising the casting of Depp, going back years.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Depps Donnie was a lot skinnier and slicker than the real Donnie but if you take the film on its own he's great in it.