You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Godfather 3: Coda - The Death of Michael Corleone

I think the original is a good film and gets unfairly slated because of the awful Sophia Coppola and by obvious comparisons to it's forebearers. I think Coda is a better version.

A hair shorter (5 minutes or so) and it runs more smoothly and coherently due to a juggling of several scenes and a couple of very brief voice overs / narration, but it all (mostly) works really well.

I had to have a good mooch around on Kodi to find this version, eventually digging it out on Asgard app. It has a 2:37 running time and has the wording "The Death of Michael Corleone" on the screen at the very beginning.

The film's opening scene is different too, no longer the aftermath at the dock following Freddo's murder in the 2nd film, Coda opens in the Vatican with a convo between Michael and the cardinal.

7.5/10

• Upvote 1

The Devil all the time. I thought it was a good watch. Mrs Red thought it was crap with no story. 8/10 from me 4/10 Mrs

The Town. Tried to watch this when it first came out but had to abandon it as it was one of those fashionable mumble movies. Formulaic shite 2/10. Mrs Red said it’s right up there with one of the worst films she’s ever seen. 0/10 prob cos she hates Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner. Wish we’d have left it back in 2010 where it belongs.

The Good liar - decent little whimsical con man film where you know things are gonna change but fuck me it goes all dusk till dawn in the last third. 5/10 from both.

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

The Devil all the time. I thought it was a good watch. Mrs Red thought it was crap with no story. 8/10 from me 4/10 Mrs

The Town. Tried to watch this when it first came out but had to abandon it as it was one of those fashionable mumble movies. Formulaic shite 2/10. Mrs Red said it’s right up there with one of the worst films she’s ever seen. 0/10 prob cos she hates Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner. Wish we’d have left it back in 2010 where it belongs.

The Good liar - decent little whimsical con man film where you know things are gonna change but fuck me it goes all dusk till dawn in the last third. 5/10 from both.

I’d give The Town 7/10, possibly a little more.

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’d give The Town 7/10, possibly a little more.

Yeah The Town was decent to be fair. 

58 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah I know, l was just being a childish cunt there. Al spotted me.

I was going to reply he was in it and that, but I don't think he was in the others which would have let the joke down.

Just watching Witnail and I and film 4 and I know it's been repped a million times but one of the producers is George Harrison. How ficking great is George? Could of just left it there being in best rock and roll band in the world but no he goes on to lend a hand in the making of life of Brian and Withnail and I. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

Is it any good? Shyalaman being the director really puts me off.

If you've seen Unbreakable and enjoyed it, you'd enjoy Split and Glass. Otherwise probably not.