You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

21 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The Death of Stalin 

Probably one of my favourite films now, it's stood up to repeat viewings well. Buscemi, Whitehouse, Tambor, Palin and a scene stealing Jason Isaacs really is a cracking cast. It manages to draw humour even out of the darkest moments.

I meant to watch that, bastard, it must be on catch up I imagine? 

You Are Here: A Come From Away Story

A documentary about the grounding of 38 planes in a small town in Newfoundland on 9-11.

I'd like to say it's a reflection of all of Canada, but I think it's more a reflection of the fine people of Newfoundland specifically and the people of the east coast of Canada in general.

8 of 10

Same score for "Hunt for the Wilderpeople".

I laughed/smiled throughout both, which doesn't go amiss these days.

Midnight Sky - 3/10. Might have sounded good on paper, but very underwhelming in execution. What the fuck were the end credits all about? I guess they forgot to turn the cameras off and the film crew had fucked off - can't say I blame them. 

Dunkirk - 10/10. I remember not liking it first time round. Not sure why, I must have been a twat. Absolutely loved it this time round. I even got emotional at the end.

Krull /Masters of the Universe / Legend / The Never ending story - had a bit of an 80s fantasy Fest recently and fuck you they're all 10/10 masterpieces. Actually, Legend loses a point I had to watch the non-Tangerine Dream version. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Peanut Butter Falcon - beautiful. A proper buddy road-trip movie, wonderfully acted and full of joy. 8.5/10.

What's Shia LaBeouf like in this? I mostly avoid his movies as he tends to be a bit too Shia LaBeouf for me. But I'm hearing good things about this film, so I'd like to watch it, as long as Shia LaBeouf isn't too Shia LaBeouf in it.

2 hours ago, General Dryness said:

What's Shia LaBeouf like in this? I mostly avoid his movies as he tends to be a bit too Shia LaBeouf for me. But I'm hearing good things about this film, so I'd like to watch it, as long as Shia LaBeouf isn't too Shia LaBeouf in it.

That’s the most Shia LaBeouf I’ve ever read in one paragraph. Shia Lebeouf. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Escape Room - 6/10. R13 version of Saw. Not that I’ve ever sat through any of the Saw films as they don’t float my boat, but I’ve seen the trailers and this looks like Saw without the meat grinding. Entertaining but entirely forgettable.

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

That's the main reason why it flopped commercially. As he's not the central character, it takes the focus away from his performance. If you're thinking any moment a Transformer will popup on screen, rest assured you won't experience that.

6 hours ago, General Dryness said:

He’s really good in it, in my view. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

That’s the most Shia LaBeouf I’ve ever read in one paragraph. Shia Lebeouf. 

6 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

That's the main reason why it flopped commercially. As he's not the central character, it takes the focus away from his performance. If you're thinking any moment a Transformer will popup on screen, rest assured you won't experience that.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

He’s really good in it, in my view. 

Cheers, I'll take this advice on board. 

Not yours Al, there's way too much Shia LaBeouf in there. Have a word.

On 25/12/2020 at 20:45, Elite said:

The Devil All The Time - 8.5/10 

Cracking film this, the best film I've seen since 3 Billboards. Could easily watch it again tomorrow it's that good.

30 minutes in and I'm binning it if the film doesn't cheer up even just a little bit soon; hard watch this.

On 01/01/2021 at 04:18, General Dryness said:

He's great in it to be fair. 

2 hours ago, Stouffer said:

30 minutes in and I'm binning it if the film doesn't cheer up even just a little bit soon; hard watch this.

How did you get on? 

BlackKKlansman 

In my head I thought this would some Hot Tub Time Machine style movie so have steered clear. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Brilliant film. 8.5/10 

I'd like to point out I've not watched Hot Tub Time Machine (I don't think) so no wonder I was wrong. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

He's great in it to be fair. 

How did you get on? 

BlackKKlansman 

In my head I thought this would some Hot Tub Time Machine style movie so have steered clear. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Brilliant film. 8.5/10 

I'd like to point out I've not watched Hot Tub Time Machine (I don't think) so no wonder I was wrong. 

You need to watch Hot Tub Time Machine. It's great.

• Like 1