You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

4 hours ago, Juniper said:

The Colour out of Space 8/10

I don’t tend to watch a lot of current day Nicholas Cage films as, lets face it, he makes a lot of absolute garbage these days. However I saw ‘The Colour out of Space’ as free to watch on Amazon Video and after seeing a really positive review recently so I decided to give it a go. 

The outline? A horror where a meteor crash lands in a remote farm and aliens fuck shit up for a family.

You know what? it was absolutely brilliant, I really enjoyed it. One of the most visually stunning films I’ve seen in a long time, so much so I wish I’d seen this on the big screen.

Nicholas Cage is fairly good, he does his usual over the top performance but it was a decent and fast flowing thriller/‘horror film that was different.

It’s an absolute treat on the eyes at times though. So much so I might need to go in for a second helping. It’s that good.

Great stuff, even the film poster is fucking mental. 

87E0A159-25E4-4817-9D93-0BDE1B9135C5.jpeg

I want to see that. Love a bit of cosmic horror, and there aren't enough film adaptations of Lovecraft stories. Guillermo del Toro is doing "In the Mountains of Madness". It should be ace, but it's been stuck in development hell for about ten years.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I want to see that. Love a bit of cosmic horror, and there aren't enough film adaptations of Lovecraft stories. Guillermo del Toro is doing "In the Mountains of Madness". It should be ace, but it's been stuck in development hell for about ten years.

It’s really, really decent and worth checking out if you have Amazon Prime Video. 

Apparently the director of Colour of Space is doing another 2 adaptations of Lovecrafts work.

According to him he’s currently writing The Dunwich horror screenplay as the next one.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Is he really? fantastic.

It originally got canned because the film company refused to allow him to make it an 18 film. If that decision has been reversed, it'll be brilliant. Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Juniper said:

It’s really, really decent and worth checking out if you have Amazon Prime Video. 

Apparently the director of Colour of Space is doing another 2 adaptations of Lovecrafts work.

According to him he’s currently writing The Dunwich horror screenplay as the next one.

Oh wow. The Dunwich horror as a film would be ace.

I thought the Colour out of Space was 10\10, but I'm a Cthulhu fan. Not sure non-fans would love it at all. Had one friend who called it garbage and switched off half way through, but each to their own.

• Upvote 2

I've been wanting to watch Color Out Of Space for a while as Nic Cage has a penchant for making cult horror films. Mandy was brilliant and this film is possibly better. Only watched both once so I think it calls for a double bill.

7 hours ago, Juniper said:

I hope it's better than the Roger Corman one, which was not great as I recall.

Red, White & Blue.

Excellent McQueen ‘film’.

It’s an hour or so long and genuinely engrossing.

Boyega is brilliant and McQueens directorial choices to allow the cinematography to fill in some gaps and leave some things open to interpretation makes it feel sweepingly artistic at times.

8/10*

*Possibly 9/10 if her indoors and her friend hadn’t waffled all the way through it about how ‘photogenic’ Boyega is.

21 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Red, White & Blue.

Excellent McQueen ‘film’.

It’s an hour or so long and genuinely engrossing.

Boyega is brilliant and McQueens directorial choices to allow the cinematography to fill in some gaps and leave some things open to interpretation makes it feel sweepingly artistic at times.

8/10*

*Possibly 9/10 if her indoors and her friend hadn’t waffled all the way through it about how ‘photogenic’ Boyega is.

Is that already on BBC? I thought it was this weekend.

23 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I certainly didn't see the end coming. I thought they'd kill Hitler and get away with the cash and the plutonium.

If only they'd found a way to generate the 1.21 gigawatts needed to power the tank. 

On 10/11/2020 at 07:53, Juniper said:

The Colour out of Space 8/10

I don’t tend to watch a lot of current day Nicholas Cage films as, lets face it, he makes a lot of absolute garbage these days. However I saw ‘The Colour out of Space’ as free to watch on Amazon Video and after seeing a really positive review recently so I decided to give it a go. 

The outline? A horror where a meteor crash lands in a remote farm and aliens fuck shit up for a family.

You know what? it was absolutely brilliant, I really enjoyed it. One of the most visually stunning films I’ve seen in a long time, so much so I wish I’d seen this on the big screen.

Nicholas Cage is fairly good, he does his usual over the top performance but it was a decent and fast flowing thriller/‘horror film that was different.

It’s an absolute treat on the eyes at times though. So much so I might need to go in for a second helping. It’s that good.

Great stuff, even the film poster is fucking mental. 

87E0A159-25E4-4817-9D93-0BDE1B9135C5.jpeg

Just watched that, wasn't impressed I'm afraid.

The only visually stunning thing I saw was Joely Richardsons conk which looked more like Karl Maldens every time you saw it.

Nicolas Cage was, well, Nicolas Cage.

Like they say, to each their own, but we just got bored with it.

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Just watched that, wasn't impressed I'm afraid.

The only visually stunning thing I saw was Joely Richardsons conk which looked more like Karl Maldens every time you saw it.

Nicolas Cage was, well, Nicolas Cage.

Like they say, to each their own, but we just got bored with it.

Fair play, cosmic horror can be an acquired taste and it's not for everybody.