Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 1227 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

The Invisible Man (the new one)

I actually enjoyed it. Quite a few small things pissed me off like “well whose been feeding the dog” kind of stuff but on the whole it was decent viewing. The restaurant scene with her sister properly kicks it off.  7/10 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I actually enjoyed it. Quite a few small things pissed me off like “well whose been feeding the dog” kind of stuff but on the whole it was decent viewing. The restaurant scene with her sister properly kicks it off.  7/10 

Good film that. Didn't see the ending coming but that's the point, isn't it? He's invisible.

12 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Good film that. Didn't see the ending coming but that's the point, isn't it? He's invisible.

Massive spoiler that mate telling everyone he's invisible.

Filth 7/10 

A dark comedy about an off the rails, coke snorting copper who's life is spiralling further and further out of control as he tries to solve a murder.

Just seen probably the weirdest film I’ve seen in years. 

Horsegirl on Netflix, don’t duplass brothers film starring Alisson Brie. Just bizarre but you see her tits.

Don’t even know how to score it.

1 minute ago, JagSquared said:

Just seen probably the weirdest film I’ve seen in years. 

Horsegirl on Netflix, don’t duplass brothers film starring Alisson Brie. Just bizarre but you see her tits.

Don’t even know how to score it.

You see her tits. 10/10.

• Upvote 2

The Mortuary Collection - 7/10. Anthology film that’s a cross between Phantasm and Tales From The Crypt/Creepshow. The individual stories are very much at that comedic comeuppance level of the latter, rather than actual horror. The twist becomes pretty obvious from a few minutes into the final tale. And you’ve gotta have some love for Clancy Brown, who’s always good value. Decent if forgettable fun.

On 31/10/2020 at 09:34, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I thought it was decent too. The literal gaslighting near the start was a nice touch.

• Upvote 1

On 29/10/2020 at 09:25, Paul said:

Of course it makes sense within the (high) concept of the film: he’s dying, she loves him, there’s a way to save him and she wants to go. The “elders” swore they wouldn’t leave and so they let her go because, as has already been established, she’s capable and there aren’t any actual dangers for her to face as the monsters aren’t real. Like I said it requires some suspension of disbelief but it completely works within the world of the film. 

Spoiler: it’s not real. It’s just a tall tale. 

Totally agree with this. The point is - as they spell out - the whole reason for setting up their scheme was to protect their loved ones. It’s a well-made, well-acted suspense movie with a couple of stand out scenes.

• Upvote 1

The Invisible Man - Elizabeth Moss is a woman in a controlling, abusive relationship who escapes her partner but finds that he's died and she is now menaced by an invisible force. I liked this, had fresh ideas about what to do with an old story, didn't lean into horror but instead went with endless tension and suspense. I would guess this is because of the budget ($7m), which is small by modern standards (Blumhouse know how to produce decent, cheap films,) and allows for lingering shots, wide shots and a lot more subtlety than you'd get otherwise. There are a couple of plot holes that you shouldn't concentrate too hard on but this is decent Saturday night entertainment. 7.5 out of 10

Richard Jewell 8.5/10.

Clint Eastwood directed film about the Security Guard at the Atlanta Olympics who discovered the bomb in Centennial Park and then went on to become the FBI's prime suspect.

Surprised how much I enjoyed this. Performance and story driven and superbly shot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Qwikage said:

Richard Jewell 8.5/10.

Clint Eastwood directed film about the Security Guard at the Atlanta Olympics who discovered the bomb in Centennial Park and then went on to become the FBI's prime suspect.

Surprised how much I enjoyed this. Performance and story driven and superbly shot.

Easy to properly feel sorry for Richard Jewell during it. Simpleton who just wanted to be respected. The thing that pissed me off with it (And does with a lot of American films with a crowd) is the crowd shots just looked amateurish. I dread them doing the vegas shooting as a movie. I know what will piss me right fucking off and it wont be the cunt hanging out the window with the machine gun. I'm pissed off now. Fuck you 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Easy to properly feel sorry for Richard Jewell during it. Simpleton who just wanted to be respected. The thing that pissed me off with it (And does with a lot of American films with a crowd) is the crowd shots just looked amateurish. I dread them doing the vegas shooting as a movie. I know what will piss me right fucking off and it wont be the cunt hanging out the window with the machine gun. I'm pissed off now. Fuck you 

You're welcome.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You say it like you know how crowds act when someone shoots a gun at them and chucks nail bombs in the middle of the group.

Got anything you want to admit to?

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

You say it like you know how crowds act when someone shoots a gun at them and chucks nail bombs in the middle of the group.

Got anything you want to admit to?

My farts fucking stink. 

Just finished the first Terminator, doesn't really need reviewed. 

Looks very old and aged now but still great. 

Watching The 1991 Adams family for a bit of fun

Watched The Devil All The Time on Netflix the other night. I honestly don't know how to rate it. I've not felt like that since There Will Be Blood. I can't work out if its very very good or batshit crazy. Or both. 

Commando - Probably the greatest action film of all time. How Schwarzenegger didn’t win an Oscar for this portrayal of John Matrix, I’ll never know. 10/10

• Upvote 1