Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 1220 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

Round Midnight, 1986 film starring Dexter Fletcher as an alcoholic tenor player, drinking himself & his genius into oblivion in Paris. Absolutely loved this & the amazing Herbie Hancock soundtrack. Great wee cameo from Martin Scorsese too. 8.5/10

Funny Cow, 2017 film starring Maxine Peake as a Yorkshire comedian. Typical gritty, British effort. Enjoyable enough. 6.5/10

• Upvote 1

On 20/09/2020 at 09:31, RedKnight said:

Terminator: Dark Fate - Instantly forgettable sequel to... Terminator 2? This is the sixth film in the series and probably the best since Terminator 2. When the competition is Rise of the Machines, Salvation and Genisys that's very much damning with faint praise. Good idea bringing Linda Hamilton back, bad idea to have this be yet another chase movie; that the Terminator films can never break out of that mould is their biggest flaw. They see no other way to tell a story, probably because the premise isn't as large as they think it is and it was wrapped up in T2. This, Aliens, Predator and Robocop - these films aren't franchises. They're limited premises made at the right time by the right film-makers, they need to stop making them. Forgettable villain, vague premise and a really shaky reason to bring back Arnie. 5.5 out of 10

Just watched it, I'd agree.

Also agree with section that they have moved from psychological thrillers to a mess of special effects which mean nothing 

12 hours ago, Mook said:

Round Midnight, 1986 film starring Dexter Fletcher as an alcoholic tenor player, drinking himself & his genius into oblivion in Paris. Absolutely loved this & the amazing Herbie Hancock soundtrack. Great wee cameo from Martin Scorsese too. 8.5/10

Funny Cow, 2017 film starring Maxine Peake as a Yorkshire comedian. Typical gritty, British effort. Enjoyable enough. 6.5/10

Was dexter fletcher in a show called press gang? 

12 hours ago, Mook said:

5 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Was dexter fletcher in a show called press gang? 

Yep, Mook means Dexter Gordon though- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090557/

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I think it's safe to say that @Mook has definitely made a gaff here. 

Look at his voting in the band tournaments. Someone needs to check on him. 

He's gone full on Spud. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Look at his voting in the band tournaments. Someone needs to check on him. 

He's gone full on Spud. 

Coming from someone who would've had Journey & Oasis winning their respective tournaments, I'll stick with the smack thanks very much.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mook said:

Coming from someone who would've had Journey & Oasis winning their respective tournaments, I'll stick with the smack thanks very much.

Hahaha. Fair. 

Enola Holmes - 6.5/10. One for 10-14 year old girls everywhere. Competent, with top notch production values, and a script that makes good use of breaking the fourth wall. You could probably add a couple of points to the score for the target age range.

Vampires vs The Bronx - 0/10. No idea what Netflix were thinking save for paying Zoe Saldana a wedge for literally three minutes work. Somebody clearly saw The Lost Boys and thought we can do that. As it turns out, badly. Very badly. Appallingly badly.

3022, described by Sky as a 'gripping' a sci fi film. It was so shite, not only was it 90 odd minutes of my life that I'll never get back, Im not going to mention a plot cos there fucking wasnt one. Zero out of ten and dont waste your time watching this drivel.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

3022, described by Sky as a 'gripping' a sci fi film. It was so shite, not only was it 90 odd minutes of my life that I'll never get back, Im not going to mention a plot cos there fucking wasnt one. Zero out of ten and dont waste your time watching this drivel.

I watched the first 5 mins the other day then swerved, as i was disturbed by my returning wife and son. Got to bit where the doctor was in a catatonic state. Assumed there must be some bit twists.

Deep water Horizon - 7/10. Quite spectacular disaster movie about the real life incident (though you never know how true to life it all is). Anyway, special effects were remarkable , and a horrendous way to go for those who died there. Kurt Russell was good. 

Everest - another disaster movie based on real life incident (the 1996 Everest disaster). Feel a bit guilty getting entertainment from these things don't you? Anyways, again the effects were completely believable. A bit grim when the bodies start to pile up. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but glad I watched it. Suffice to say I'll never go mountain climbing. 8/10.