You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

F&F Hobbs and Shaw.

For a series that you have to suspend reality for anyway, when you start thinking that the ridiculous is ridiculous then it's time to give up. It wasn't funny, the action scenes were ten a penny and went on way too long, and I was clock watching an hour in as I thought the 2 hours were up. 

It's rubbish.

3/10

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mighty Ducks. Still great. Still got got emotional at the end. 

8/10 

It's one of the great things in life that movies normally stay the same over time. Except Star Wars. 

Mcfarland, 7.1/10

I'd never heard of this Disney movie. 

Kevin Costner plays a failed school teacher and moves to a Mexican neighbourhood in America. Based on a true story, it also includes appearances by the actual members of the running team that is coached by Costner's character. 

Feel good fun for the family. 

4 minutes ago, Sharp Shooter said:

Mcfarland, 7.1/10

Kevin Costner plays a failed school teacher and moves to a Mexican neighbourhood in America. Based on a true story, it also includes appearances by the actual members of the running team that is coached by Costner's character. 

I watched this the other week, having never heard of it and agree 100%.

4 hours ago, Sharp Shooter said:

Mcfarland, 7.1/10

It was an ok film.

Con Air. 

I still can't believe some people love this film. Ok a few characters in it are decent. John Malkovich for one but on the whole its utter Bruckheimer being mental. Nicholas Cage is terrible... that accent? 

5/10. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Con Air. 

I still can't believe some people love this film. Ok a few characters in it are decent. John Malkovich for one but on the whole its utter Bruckheimer being mental. Nicholas Cage is terrible... that accent? 

5/10. 

How can you not love dialogue like this...

The same. He caught his wife in bed with another man. Left her alone, drove four towns over to his wife's family's house. Killed her parents, her brothers, her sisters, even her dog.

• Upvote 1

On 25/06/2020 at 15:32, Sharp Shooter said:

Twinkle Twinkle.

Fuck!

10/10m

Is this that British film set in the woods? I watched the trailer and it looked complete dump, is it actually good or are you being sarcastic.

I’m also halfway through The King of Staten Island and think it’s a decent watch. I’d never seen Pete Davidson in anything before but I was surprised, he’s really likeable.

37 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Is this that British film set in the woods? I watched the trailer and it looked complete dump, is it actually good or are you being sarcastic.

I’m also halfway through The King of Staten Island and think it’s a decent watch. I’d never seen Pete Davidson in anything before but I was surprised, he’s really likeable.

Yes it's the film set in the woods. I watched it as it was made by the same director as The Wrong, Simon Maroulis' biggest film yet. I gave it 10 out of 10,000,000. It is really bad, but it becomes a bit of a joke as a result. 

There's a scene where they are looking for the place they want to be but the leader says he is lost. It all looks the same. Then they cut to a scene where they are sitting on a log, apparently they are no longer lost. They look around raving at finding such an incredible place and it looked like all the other fields they were lost in. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just Mercy - True story with Michael B Jordan and Jamie Foxx about a black man convicted of killing a white woman in Alabama. Really really good. 8/10. 

Michael B Jordan and Jamie Foxx killed a white woman? When do the protests start? 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't think I've ever read anything as racist in my entire life 

But you've read things more sexist? I have to admit, I'm disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Just Mercy - True story with Michael B Jordan and Jamie Foxx about a black man convicted of killing a white woman in Alabama. Really really good. 8/10. 

I thought it was pretty average and was like a television movie. Just wasn't hard hitting enough given the subject matter.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought it was pretty average and was like a television movie. Just wasn't hard hitting enough given the subject matter.

Its a true story though mate. Cant exactly add flying sharks and a stripper can they? 

The execution scene was pretty fucking grim to watch. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its a true story though mate. Cant exactly add flying sharks and a stripper can they? 

The execution scene was pretty fucking grim to watch. 

I agree, I watched it a few weeks ago and think I posted a similar score. 

I did see a version with a flying shark and a stripper though. 

Selma 9/10

That Ava DuVernay is some filmmaker. From a cinematography point alone, it was beautiful to look at. Oyelewo was brilliant as MLK. That the Oscars snubbed it and him was embarrassing if not pretty racist.

Fascinating to read the other day that George Wallace, after he was paralysed in an assassination attempt, became almost the polar opposite of the man he was.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/22/trump-george-wallace-samuel-freedman

• Upvote 1