You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Green Mile is the sort of film you'd love when you're about 14. Vastly overrated.

I saw it for the first time a couple of years ago & was like 'Is that it?'.

Having said that, I don't really like Tom Hanks, his coupon annoys me. The Burbs would have to be top 5 though.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Collateral. Tom Cruise should play baddies more often. I go against the grain with Tom Cruise I think he's a damn good actor.

It's really easy to bash Tom Cruise but his filmography is beaten only by the elite, while comforably matching and surpassing the rest.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cruise is a top actor. 

Hanks has a fair claim to be labelled the greatest of all time. 

Considering he came from basic comedy movie roles, you definitely have a point. However he is up against some mighty actors.

11 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

To be fair he more than held his own against Newman, Hoffman and Nicholson. He's a good actor and great action movie man.

Tom Cruise is never in the same league as that three. Neither is Tom Hanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

The Green Mile is the sort of film you'd love when you're about 14. Vastly overrated.

I saw it for the first time a couple of years ago & was like 'Is that it?'.

Having said that, I don't really like Tom Hanks, his coupon annoys me. The Burbs would have to be top 5 though.

Agreed, and agreed. The Burbs is ace.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Top 5 Cruise films?

Hard to narrow down and in no particular order...

A Few Good Men

Jerry Maguire

The Color Of Money

Magnolia

Born On The Fourth Of July

These could squeeze in...

Vanilla Sky

Rain Man

Top Gun