You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

I hope so, I really want to see it in a cinema, a bit of a better experience than watching the Russian screener on a laptop in a Leeds hotel...

I thought it was released on BluRay a couple of months ago? Eveyone seems to have seen it already.

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Parasite is definitely out in 1080p BluRay on *cough* certain sites as of 1.2 months ago.

Fuck sake just googled 'Parasite plot' and where they have then question suggestions one of them was a fucking huge spoiler "why did.......?" the fucking cunts. I hate this world. 

18 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Uncut Gems 7/10.

Pretty standard fare and can't see what the fuss is all about re Sandler.

I don't know if the pacing/story/acting was intended to be so annoying. If it was, bravo.

He was okay, I thought. As I said, better than the junk he's been churning out for the past decade.

But I did laugh out loud at the scene after he gets his ass kicked. Reminded me of this:

Watched a weird Sci-fi film called Snowpiercer and enjoyed it. The only people left in the world are stuck on one trackless train after an apocalyptic event. Decent cast with Chris Evans, Tilda  Swinton , Jamie Bell and John Hurt.

Only realised afterwards that it was a Bong Joon Ho movie and makes sense hearing the reviews of Parasite, as most of the drama comes from clashes of the classes.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Just finished Uncut gems. It actually ended up better than I thought it was going too. Mental ending. It would get a 5 but a 6 for Julia Fox who is just splendid and possibly my favourite actress now alongside Jennifer Lawrence. 

julia-fox-uncut-gems.jpg

Her Playboy pics are a good performance too.

Parasite - 10/10 - loved it, so glad it won awards last night.  Watched it at the BFI IMAX - 26 metres x 20 metres!  I need to go and re-watch Memories of Murder now.

Hustlers - pretty entertaining - good "scenery" throughout.  7/10.  

Uncut Gems - loved it - intense and had a headache by the end.  Garnett was good and Sandler was unlucky not to be nominated for an oscar imo - 8/10

Judy - 7/10 - Zellwegger was great.  I didn't love the film but it was very well done.  The way they treated young actors/actresses back then was very depressing.  I know it's awful now but I don't think drugs are forced on people now.  Amphetamines in the day and sleeping tabs at night - at the age of 16!  Horrific!   

Guest Pistonbroke
11 hours ago, Mudface said:

Delighted that Parasite did so well at the Oscars, best film I've seen in years. It's a bit weird that it hasn't really had a widespread release in the UK as yet though, hopefully the wins will cause that to happen.

That Yeo-Jeong Jo who plays Park Yeon-Kyo would definitely get a go go. Not seen the film yet (looking forward to it though) just wanted to ruin everyone's evening with a shit tongue twister. 

Image result for Yeo-jeong Jo

57 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Watched a weird Sci-fi film called Snowpiercer and enjoyed it. The only people left in the world are stuck on one trackless train after an apocalyptic event. Decent cast with Chris Evans, Tilda  Swinton , Jamie Bell and John Hurt.

Only realised afterwards that it was a Bong Joon Ho movie and makes sense hearing the reviews of Parasite, as most of the drama comes from clashes of the classes.

39 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I watched Snowpiercer last night too, enjoyed it.  Was hyped by a few mates and don't think it's that special, bit out there and definitely worth a watch.  Even if it goes a touch Matrix Reloaded at the end.

7.5/10

I think the Oscar for Parasite was Academy's deliberate fuck you to the myriad of posters on here slamming Snowpearcer at the time.

18 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That Yeo-Jeong Jo who plays Park Yeon-Kyo would definitely get a go go. Not seen the film yet (looking forward to it though) just wanted to ruin everyone's evening with a shit tongue twister. 

She's lovely. Game lass as well, judging by a few of her other films.

23 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Loved it.

It's absolutely ridiculously good in every single way. The best sequel to any film I've ever seen, unreal to think I've only just got round to seeing it after perhaps five years? Let alone the original from 1979 which I only watched for the first time recently.

And to think the director of Mad Max and this sequel plus all the others hadn't made an action film for 30 years since the previous movie and apparently he made Babe: Pig in the City.

Here's a tip to the director : stick to the action films, will ya!

I just read that the majority of the film does not use CGI. That's fucking mind-boggling. It's a bloody masterpiece, and I've only watched it once. This is definitely getting watched again.